Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Cap

REX Essential Released!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Love to here some feedback on it. Main reason I dumped REX the last time in favor of AS2012 was the flashing sky issue that you dont have in DWC mode in AS2012. Is it still present with REX Essential?

Time to wait another few days to get REX Essential+OD. But I am still pretty happy! :Big Grin: :Big Grin: :Big Grin:

Pretty sure it will only be at most another week.

Love to here some feedback on it. Main reason I dumped REX the last time in favor of AS2012 was the flashing sky issue that you dont have in DWC mode in AS2012. Is it still present with REX Essential?

I am not sure. Pretty sure it's fixed. There was this issue with flashing clouds and it got fixed.

Flashing sky was related to Simconnect and happened during weather updates. Is that fixed?

I am also interested to hear some detailed reports on the weather engine. Having been a die hard ASA, then ASE, and now AS2012 user, I think it will be hard to top AS2012's weather depiction in FSX, especially in DWC mode. Although I do own the most up to date REX and have it installed on the FSX for texture only use, I would consider installing the free upgrade on my networked computer that I run AS2012 on, but its really going to have to offer something special as far as weather depiction goes to make me want to go thru the motions and try it out.

Would be cool if someone could post the same metar conditions from a recent download in both AS2012 and REX from the same airport, slew up to a few thousand feet and take some screen shot comparisons to see how the differences in depiction look, assuming the user could download both of the same airport metars from both engines.

I am downloading full version from the FSS store using the USA server. The Oz server must be getting a hammering as it is very slow. But good speed using the US server.

Sean, will post here my thoughts once I have it up and running.

Sean, will post here my thoughts once I have it up and running.

Cool, I look forward to hearing your thoughs Julian once you get it set up.

It is coming down the pipe from the Flight Sim Store at 1.17Mb/Sec from the UK link, so about an hour, with it being about 4.5 Gigs of data.

Probably have to check it out tomorrow because of that, since it is now 1.30am in the UK.

Al

Downloading now from Google Cloud... Relatively slow download speeds. - I bet the server loads are tremendous.

Sorry for any delays you might be encountering, our servers were measuring 18,000+ hits every 3 seconds :sad:

Hardly surprising if there are delays what with probably three quarters of the flight simmers around the world downloading the thing. I'm happy enough with the D/L speed I'm getting, it's waay too hot and humid to go to bed anyway here in the UK - currently it is like the tropics here LOL

Al

Time to wait another few days to get REX Essential+OD. But I am still pretty happy! :Big Grin: :Big Grin: :Big Grin:

Pretty sure it will only be at most another week.

I am not sure. Pretty sure it's fixed. There was this issue with flashing clouds and it got fixed.

I am a little confused. I had REX 2.0 Overdrive. Is this supposed to be free for previous REX FSX owners? Can we download the REX Essential now, and upgrade to REX Essential Overdrive when it comes out, or do I have to wait for the Essential Overdrive, being that I have the Overdrive?

Download keeps bombing out. File sows 254 MB using Get right. Which of course is wrong.

Download keeps bombing out. File sows 254 MB using Get right. Which of course is wrong.

Yeah I had the same problem. The US server is borked. Try one of the others.

I am a little confused. I had REX 2.0 Overdrive. Is this supposed to be free for previous REX FSX owners? Can we download the REX Essential now, and upgrade to REX Essential Overdrive when it comes out, or do I have to wait for the Essential Overdrive, being that I have the Overdrive?

Easy answer. You will have to wait. Or you can uninstall REX2.0 and OD before using it, do not install on top of REX2.0 and OD!!

Yeah I had the same problem. The US server is borked. Try one of the others.

Managed to get it downloading on the UK server.

I can't really tell a difference between the screen shots of regular Essential and Essential OverDrive - http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/overdrive.html

Actually, don't hit me, but....I think the screenshots in the regular Essential page look way better then the ones from OverDrive.

ess12.jpg

ess3.jpg

Those look better to me then these taken from the OverDrive page.

tu5.jpg

tu33.jpg

Maybe it's just me? I dunno.

I have REX OverDrive now so I can't install the regular update, but I'm wondering if I should just skip Essential OverDrive and go with regular if the screen shots look that good for regular?

It's only the textures. Overdrive basically just adds more.

I've got it going... it's great, I had it looking brilliant, but then I got some problems. 1. stutters I never had previously 2. had a fatal error and had to restart. Gonna try again tomorrow when I'm less tired, but I'm a little put out currently...

I thought OverDrive actually added higher resolution textures?

Or maybe I'm totally wrong...

I can't really tell a difference between the screen shots of regular Essential and Essential OverDrive - http://www.realenvir.../overdrive.html

Actually, don't hit me, but....I think the screenshots in the regular Essential page look way better then the ones from OverDrive.

ess12.jpg

ess3.jpg

Those look better to me then these taken from the OverDrive page.

tu5.jpg

tu33.jpg

Maybe it's just me? I dunno.

I have REX OverDrive now so I can't install the regular update, but I'm wondering if I should just skip Essential OverDrive and go with regular if the screen shots look that good for regular?

Because Essential is a new package, and Essential OverDrive will be the icing on the cake! :)

SO, for REX2+Overdrive users, we have to wait? And can we install over top or is an uninstall necessary? I combed the REX support forums and couldn't find tha answer to this simple question!