Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Appliance

iFly 737 Feature Pack Released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is there a feature list somewhere? I couldn't find one...

Yes, I'd like to know that too. And, which version do I need to update from?

Great. That's something to look forward to tonight after work.

In my opinion the iFly team deserve our thanks. They've put in 100s of hours of work to give us something over and above what we paid for in the first place. For free. True FS heros. :Applause:

Yes, I'd like to know that too. And, which version do I need to update from?

You need to be a licensed member in iFly's forum to see all these informations.

The team is truely great, they deserved long break :biggrin:

Hi, there is none, at least not an extensive one explaining all the changes.

I asked for it as well on their forums.

But what I have seen so far is pretty nice.

I was looking for one myself but didn't find anything else than the IAN approach new capability.

David DD

Hi, there is none, at least not an extensive one explaining all the changes.

I asked for it as well on their forums.

But what I have seen so far is pretty nice.

I need to find out what's been changed and/or addressed...

'Pretty Nice' is great but does this update hose up my FS2crew install, my repaints, and my VC night lighting mods (if that's even needed anymore)...

I've only just installed it and it's nice to have the digital standby artificial horizon, so no more of the clacking sound you get with the old analogue one. The 737 is nice and quiet now. Apart from that, not much else leaps out at me, apart from the fact that I've got to reinstall all my repaints. I'm a huge fan of iFly but my only bugbear is that there's a lot of user tweaking to do with copying and pasting textures between folders for add-on liveries and the worn VC textures etc. That's something I like about PMDG, you just run the installer and bam, your add-on livery is installed, with no copying and pasting and potentially ballsing up your install. I'm off to have another go, will report back.

Apart from that, not much else leaps out at me

you have to be Just%20Kidding.gif - taken a look at the config tool, or the cdu just to start?

Be easy on Ben, Mark. :biggrin:

After all he said he just installed it and his head is in another space ... concerned about his add-on liveries etc.

I'm sure he will discover lots of goodies with use as Steve Masson wants usall to do.

You need to be a licensed member in iFly's forum to see all these informations.

I could not see any information in the licensed members forum - just information on downloading the update.

Be easy on Ben, Mark. :biggrin:

After all he said he just installed it and his head is in another space ... concerned about his add-on liveries etc.

I'm sure he will discover lots of goodies with use as Steve Masson wants usall to do.

I was just teasing, at first glance it does indeed look pretty much the same, until you start poking around -a LOT of new stuff just under, and deep under the hood. I don't even understand (yet) some of the many new config tool options :Party:

I was just teasing, at first glance it does indeed look pretty much the same, until you start poking around -a LOT of new stuff just under, and deep under the hood. I don't even understand (yet) some of the many new config tool options :Party:

Yep you're right. I just did a quick Newcastle-Belfast hop to see what's what and there is a lot of new stuff going on. Great to have ground power and air supplied via the FMC now, lots more FMC options, terrain on the ND and of course RNP and ANP which fly the profile nicely but need to read up on as it nearly stuffed me into the grass at Belfast! User error that one, I'm sure.

I was in a mild grump last night as the FP broke my active camera install and also messed up all the repaints. You'll probably be aware that there are lots of different textures that users have created since the 737 came out and my two favourites 'photoreal hood' and 'dirty' VC textures don't play nicely with the FP. A couple of users have reported FPS issues if you don't use the new VC textures and from my brief flight over the Irish Sea I can also say that something going on in front of me was hitting the frames hard in a way I've never seen in the iFly as it was smooth as silk before. I'm going to delete the whole iFLY package and start again with a fresh install and then install the repaints again one by one. Hopefully the original creators of the photoreal textures will upgrade them to be compatible with the new VC texture set.

Either way a bit of user effort required to get back to where you were before the FP came along but well worth it. Good work iFLY!

Apparently, the FSX FP is being released within the next 24 hours. Curious about the changes... Wonder if they made any colour corrections in the cockpit.

Although I've downloaded the feature pack I'm not going to install it. I just enjoy the 737 "as it is". But I find it very strange to release something like this with no notes about what has been changed or added. Leaving it to the user to just find out means they might miss a lot of things.

David

Although I've downloaded the feature pack I'm not going to install it. I just enjoy the 737 "as it is". But I find it very strange to release something like this with no notes about what has been changed or added. Leaving it to the user to just find out means they might miss a lot of things.

David

That's what I've been saying all along. I'm going to hold off until the third party panel textures are updated or at least FS2crew is updated.

Leaving it to the user to just find out means they might miss a lot of things.

And not installing it means they'll miss them all...

DJ

And not installing it means they'll miss them all...

DJ

As far as I'm concerned it's great now, there's no rush.

But I find it very strange to release something like this with no notes about what has been changed or added. Leaving it to the user to just find out means they might miss a lot of things.

I agree. The official comment is that they don't want the competitors to use the list as a "roadmap" to excellence. But to me that's kinda like building a fancy store full of goodies but then board all the windows so the competitors can't look through and see what they are selling. If the customers want to find out they'll just have to come in and feel with their hands in the dark. Most of us will not touch every thing and are not all that knowledgeable to know what we are touching. Plus the competitors are also their customers so they get to come in and "touch" too. And they are surely more knowledgeable than the 99% of us.

The official comment is that they don't want the competitors to use the list as a "roadmap" to excellence.

Hello

Their competitors (PMDG) hardly need a roadmap to excellence.

While I am very grateful that i-fly have gone the extra mile with this free update this whole "see if you are smart enough to spot what we updated" thing is tedious and condescending.

Until they publish a list of changes I will pass on this update.

While I agree that the cryptic approach to explaining the features of the "feature pack" is ill-considered (seems like the team got a little punchy at the end, which I've seen before with group projects), I've installed it according to the instructions at the official forum, and it appears to be pretty amazing. Converting existing repaints is just a matter of copying some texture files and aircraft.cfg entries, and the new config tool and HUD are great. FS2Crew seems to work as before. Looking forward to discovering the rest of the changes in flight.