My perfect flight

Level-D 767-300, so reliable

Zinertetek HDVC, worth the money

FS Navigator, unmatched

Soft Horizon, classic

FPS Limiter 0.2, superb

and, of course, fs9 !,

Many will disagree I am sure!!

i agree with you, beautiful addon(Lvld) for an amazing smooth stable simulator :good:

I used to use Soft Horizon, but after my latest FS9 reinstall decided to opt for REX for FS9. I had some problems with it at first, after the install had gone smoothly, as it seems that at least some portion of Microsoft's DirectX SDK has to be installed in order for REX to be able to decode and copy its customized textures to FS9 properly. But once I got that sorted out, I never looked back. The REX clouds, sky, and water textures are, IMHO, head and shoulders better than the stock textures from Microsoft. Turned out to be one of the best 3rd party purchases I've ever made for FS9.

I have REX for my FS 2004 Textures...

...but don't forget the excellent free version of VOZ 1.8 for FS 2004, for different seasonal effects and colours, which also includes the fantastic (photographic) Koorbygen buildings!

http://aussiex.org/f...oz-18-complete/

Paul...FS 2004..FS Navigator... :Bug: ...!

P.S...Where would we FS 2004 enthusiasts be today, without our trusty copy of FS Navigator!... :Peace: ...!

Level D 767 + FS2Crew Voice = Lennon + Mccartney

The LvLD 767 is great but don't discount the iFly 737. I am having great fun with this at the moment. A rock solid performer and even better since the recently released feature pack. I don't know why I waited so long to purchase them both.

Cheers

Steve Hall

FS Navigator is one of those add add-ons that I was absolutely lost without when I first installed FSX. As far as I can see, nothing even now comes close!

FS Navigator is one of those add add-ons that I was absolutely lost without when I first installed FSX. As far as I can see, nothing even now comes close!

I have to agree. When I first fired up FSX, my first thought was... wait... where's FSNav? No FSNav? What do I do? :smile:

Seriously, in three months I got rid of the -X and never looked back. FSNav was among the reasons - besides all the more comomon reasons. Even with all the fancy flight planners, 3rd party ATC and whatnot, I always, always build the initial flight plan with FSNav.

Back to the topic... perfect flight for me?

- REX

- FSNav

- FS FK

- RC/PFE

- GE Pro II

- ASA (another cannot-live-without)

- Active Camera (and another!)

- B747-200 RFP

- Route: anywhere to Kai Tak (FlyTampa's rendition), landing preferably in dusk filled with smog and scattered Sc...

Regards,

Jure

My perfect flight

Level-D 767-300, so reliable

Zinertetek HDVC, worth the money

FS Navigator, unmatched

Soft Horizon, classic

FPS Limiter 0.2, superb

and, of course, fs9 !,

Many will disagree I am sure!!

It's great to hear that simmers are still enjoying my Soft Horizons environment bmps after all these years!

Regards,

John - author, Soft Horizons

t's great to hear that simmers are still enjoying my Soft Horizons environment bmps after all these years!

John I'd like to thank you for creating Soft Horizons. On the face of it a simple solution but one which has made such a difference to the reality and enjoyment of FS9.

Salute! :drinks:

Don't forget,,,.

..all you poor, unfortunate FSX users, who are not lucky enough to experience the luxury of owning both FS 2004 and FS Navigator....Big%20Grin.gif ...

...there is always Plan-G...>>> http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/planG.htm

Excellent, free program!

Lots of good features, including a Google GPS Sat-Nav Map, full flight planner, etc....and the ability to see other local Multiplayer Flyers on the (Radar) Map! (Somewhat similar to FS Navigator).

It works with both FSX and FS 2004 on the same Hard Drive!

Give it a try....its FREE!

Paul...FS 2004,,,FS Nav...(FSX) ...and Plan-G... :Bug: ...!

John I'd like to thank you for creating Soft Horizons. On the face of it a simple solution but one which has made such a difference to the reality and enjoyment of FS9.

So I'd do. And it would be even more pleasure to have this technique with such a great replacement texture set as Pablo Diaz' HDE v2.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

When I had to reinstall FS9 some years ago after a computer meltdown, I was unable to reinstall FSNavigator for some reason and was really disappointed to find it was no longer available. I therefore looked around for a comparable replacement and opted for FSCommander which I have to say is excellent and I would recommend it.

Off the subject, on looking at the title of this post, I opened it expecting to be reading about the addon developer called Perfect Flight - a manufacturer who's products certainly do not match their company title!! So if anyone is ever tempted by their Tristar or A380, keep your credit card in your wallet!

Bill

FSCommander which I have to say is excellent and I would recommend it.

Agree. Note: It needs a registered FSUIPC ---

which I think is a part of my perfect flight, too.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Echo the above, but I'd substitute the PMDG MD-11. I love that old girl, still the pinnacle for heavy metal in FS9' methinks.

Cheers, SLuggy