Sign in to follow this  
teropa

RealAir C172

Rob, glass or steam work for me.

As much as I enjoy the Lancair Legacy, it’s not suitable for all missions, so I would really appreciate if the RealAir Cessna 172 comes with floats, skis, and perhaps tundra tires. (even as add-on package)

It would be great if RealAir could match the real Cessna Sale and make it available

before October 31, 2012 :rolleyes:

Cheers.

And at the end of the day, it's the market screaming for better king airs that has created this situation. So we only have ourselves to blame for us loving beech twins.

Thankfully we'll be getting a variety of instruments between the versions:

Carenado

-BE9L glass PFD/EHSI but analogue for the rest

-BE20 - probably same setup

Flight1

-BE20 with G1000 and Blackhawk perf mods

Milviz

-B350 with ProLine setup

It's not like they're all doing a BE20 with steam gauges hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Rob, glass or steam work for me.

As much as I enjoy the Lancair Legacy, it’s not suitable for all missions, so I would really appreciate if the RealAir Cessna 172 comes with floats, skis, and perhaps tundra tires. (even as add-on package)

It would be great if RealAir could match the real Cessna Sale and make it available

before October 31, 2012 :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Why not fly the RealAir Scout for these bush missions?

Bert

I agree. Steam is the best choice for this plane.

I do hope though that there is an option for the RXP stuff. I will probably fly it with a gps and without a gps though

Lee

Why not fly the RealAir Scout for these bush missions?

Thanks for the suggestion Bert, I have seen it and most performance specs are similar

(of course NO aerobatics with the 172), but I wish for something with a bit more panel and cabin space, plus most importantly. I’m not good with taildraggers, except maybe the Stearman.

Well, if you can wait for the C172.. no problem.. But if you are getting impatient,

the Scout is one of the best airplanes in FSX, and I fly it all over the place.

It has big flaps so you can slow down for landings, and it is not overly sensitive to braking,

so you are unlikely to do a cartwheel, unless you are way too fast.. good instrumentation as well..

Bert

the Scout is one of the best airplanes in FSX, and I fly it all over the place

I'm interested in the Scout for sight-seeing but I'm a bit concerned about controlling tail draggers on the ground. Petty complaint but I've watched them in airfields and I can't figure how the pilot can see what he/she is doing at slow ground speed.

Here is the Scout, sitting on the runway at CYYJ, and also the Minpanel view, as an alternative..

Bert

Hi, and thanks for the enthusiasm and questions. We are always reluctant to predict how a project will turn out, or what the details are, or when it will happen. We don't like to rush and we never announce until very close to release. What I can tell you is that it is unlikely we will include a glass gauge, the reasons for which are many, but include our view that though GA glass gauges can be great on real aircraft we are not convinced they are particularly practical, or clear, in sim use unless you get very close up to them. We are also aesthetically inclined towards analogue gauges. To us they just look better.

Lastly we want our project to reflect a typical flying club or privately owned aircraft, not one that is out of reach of all but wealthy pockets.

However that might change and nothing is cast in stone. We have no plans beyond a core project. Our goal is to produce a useable, reasonably realistic sim aircraft which is attractive to use, accurate to fly and pleasant to be in. Beyond that we are open to experimentation and see what comes.

Nor will we be rushing to market so we can be ahead of anyone else. We don't work that way. There are lots of fine GA aircraft from different developers and they all have their plusses. We'll just do our best and we're not promising more than that.

All the best,

Rob - RealAir

Rob,

For what it is worth, I completely agree with your point of view on steam gauges in FSX. They do look and perform better from my personal experience even though in actual aircraft the glass stuff is more functional! I think it has to do with the limits of a practical monitor size and how it limits how the glass can be presented.

Cheers,

Ken

I certainly am, though I'm not a RW pilot, and I am hoping that Real Air's 172 will have a model with wheel pants. Rob?

I endorse this request! LOL!!

Ken

I hope realair would stick to steam/analog gauges.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I endorse this request! LOL!!

Ken

It's been a while, but all the time that I was flying I don't recall ever having wheel pants on a club or rental C-150 or C-172. I'm guessing that they were left off to make access to the tires easier for inspection and replacing.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

It's been a while, but all the time that I was flying I don't recall ever having wheel pants on a club or rental C-150 or C-172. I'm guessing that they were left off to make access to the tires easier for inspection and replacing.

Ernie

That may be true, but the Cessna 172/182 with wheel pants is a beautiful, classy looking bird. If the Real Air 172 doesn't have one model with them, I'm going to be one disappointed fellow.

Ken

RW Rental/Flight School 172/150 wheel pants have a life expectancy of a Huey door gunner during Vietnam. Not sure what the replacement cost is, but the wheel pants on the Cirrus's is outrageous.

The Legacy is not only one of RealAir's best aircraft, it's one of the best addon aircraft out there period.

I have to agree with this. In 30 years of flight simming, I have never logged as many hours on a single aircraft as I have the Realair Legacy. One thing that bothers me though is the canopy reflection map. With the canopy reflection turned on, when flying late in the afternoon or early in the morning when the sun is low, I get this cone shape light protruding from the sun when viewing it out the sides of the canopy from inside the VC, clouds or no clouds doesn't matter. Viewing the sun head on its not a problem, and with the canopy reflection turned off its not there no matter what angle I view the sun at, but then I miss the awesome canopy reflection. I have all the best GA addon aircraft, and this is the only one that exhibits this phenomenon. I emailed Realair about the issue, but they said they barely noticed it. I see it on both my systems, one running a Geforce 670 and the other a Radeon 5870. Is anyone else bothered by this? Is there a way I could play around with the reflection map in photoshop to try and eliminate this? I'm not sure which file I need. Otherwise it's my all time favorite GA.

Edited by firehawk44
Photo removed. Did not meet 400KB max weight; yours 442KB

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I'm probably one of those small group of people that use the C-172 for most of their flying, so I'll likely end up buying both.

Ernie

I'm with you Ernie.