Sign in to follow this  
teropa

RealAir C172

Creating any FS plane with any sort of depth will be a long and very laborious process, it doesn't matter if it is a J-3 or 777.  I forgot how long it took Danny to do his RV-7, but it was a loooooong time.  He probably could have built a real one during that time if he had the $$$ lol.  I wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to take a break completely from FS for a year or two.

As far as the 172s go, I know Scott and co over at A2A will produce a fantastic product.  I also know Rob and Sean will also produce a fantastic product.  Both teams are excellent and we are lucky to be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor and I am grateful for their dedication to this hobby.

Cheers

TJ

As far as the 172s go, I know Scott and co over at A2A will produce a fantastic product. I also know Rob and Sean will also produce a fantastic product. Both teams are excellent and we are lucky to be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor and dedication to this hobby.

Which begs a question...when am I going to have time to fly anything else with two 172's fueled up and waiting?

That was indeed close! Saved by the bell!

And who would beleive it was Ron that would save my sorry &@($* :P

And who would beleive it was Ron that would save my sorry &@($*

Yup, me too. He tends to do that for his friends from time to time, if sometimes by nothing more than pointing out the funny side of a serious matter. Or listening to my account of woes and he says, but Stephen, it's just a game, and I think, and so it is...and then we fly.

Yup, he tends to do that for his friends from time to time, if by nothing more than pointing out the funny side of a serious matter.

Yeah, it really says a lot about him, considering our history some time ago..

Heresy alert! I can feel an upswell of manic enthusiasm but I'm pretty certain it will subside pretty quickly after release of either/both of these C172s. let's face it, a 172 isn't going to set the pulses racing and it doesn't has the character or charm of say, the J-3, BirdDog or the RV7.

Having said that, I for one WILL buy one, probably the A2A, although, from what I gather it will be a seriously in depth job.

What became of the Katana that I and loads of other people swooned over. When the dust settled it was still a boring little plastic plane.

Dang! I must learn to think before I post. This is the sort of thing that makes threads go south! :Whistle:

Yeah, it really says a lot about him, considering our history some time ago..

I have long forgotten what that was about. And please don't remind me. :smile:

I empty my cache of grudges on a daily basis.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Do they have airport in that area?  South, I mean.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Do they have airport in that area? South, I mean.

Yeah, the airport is called Oblivion, and you'll have to sin alot to get a ticket, and when you get there the airport manager more commonly known as the devil will take care of your soul.....

Im sure RA's plane will be fantastic, which makes me wonder why other devs want to do one as well... seems to happen allot. If I was doing planes for sims, I'd be doing what the other guys are NOT doing.

Regardless of who makes the better product, the first one across the line reaps the most sales in such a small market.

The Lancair Evolution would have been a better choice (un-announced by anyone else), and the logical next step from the Legacy.

Regardless of who makes the better product, the first one across the line reaps the most sales in such a small market.

I will go with the accusimed c172 no matter what's comes first unless Real Air is also going to simulate wear and tear...so I would go with the better product(my personal view, and others may see it differently and say Real Air may be the better product:))

Im sure RA's plane will be fantastic, which makes me wonder why other devs want to do one as well... seems to happen allot. If I was doing planes for sims, I'd be doing what the other guys are NOT doing.

The Lancair Evolution would have been a better choice (un-announced by anyone else), and the logical next step from the Legacy.

Lancair Evo is awesome! Austin Meyers, owner of XP owns one. He's got a cool blog showing the build process etc.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I will go with the accusimed c172 no matter what's comes first unless Real Air is also going to simulate wear and tear...so I would go with the better product(my personal view, and others may see it differently and say Real Air may be the better product:))

Personally,I don't like wear and tear. Reminds me of the worn rentals with ragged sun bleached upholstery over the glare shields. I'd prefer to rent newer 172s and Diamond DA40s. Then I built my own RV.......and spent a lot of time maintaining it.

Personally,I don't like wear and tear. Reminds me of the worn rentals with ragged sun bleached upholstery over the glare shields.

:lol: Yeah, each to he's own I guess and I mean no disrespect to Real Air(they do what they do and A2A has another concept and I accept that). Personally wear and tear is something I wish every dev got into, love to have the plane behave differently depending on how bad I have threated it, and sure is a lot of fun when I screw up and have to do emergency landing when I least expected it B) Adds a lot to the immersion..

:lol: Yeah, each to he's own I guess and I mean no disrespect to Real Air(they do what they do and A2A has another concept and I accept that). Personally wear and tear is something I wish every dev got into, love to have the plane behave differently depending on how bad I have threated it, and sure is a lot of fun when I screw up and have to do emergency landing when I least expected it B) Adds a lot to the immersion..

:). Haven't figured how to do smilieys on my iPhone.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of built in failure scenarios either. I'd spend a lot of time flying over rugged mountain areas ( real life). And you spend a good amount of time looking for emergency landing areas. I'd go to great lengths, to see that the engine, airframe, and systems were maintained properly. Therefor, I want my sim flights to be the same feeling. If I thought that the real airplane was going to fail every so often, then I'd never step foot into it.

However, the risks of flight are always there. The enjoyment of it all, just out weighs them,

LAdamson, you know with A2A aircraft you can keep them in tip-top shape if you treat them properly, right?  The wear-and-tear features only come into play if you don't handle the aircraft properly.