Sign in to follow this  
FSXHD

Captain Sim 777 0.6 SP is out

Hello, its annoying for those of us with no interest whatsoever in Captain Sims products.

ROFL, uh, if its annoying there's a solution, its called 'don't read the thread'....

OMG, nobody knows the troubles you've seen eh? :rolleyes:

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

The FMC now seems to work, at least I could load a flight plan, and go thru the normal init stuff

successfully. The PFD colors are kinda strange, its hard to see, but does work. The ND actually

will show a map, but there's a selector switch that needs to be turned to see it.

The only real issue I still have is the landing gear aren't retracting after takeoff, others don't see this

so maybe its me. But with the debug stuff finally compiled out the look and performance is very

nice, I've not really flown the thing thru a real flight yet. Once the gear issue is resolved I plan to.

Like Al, I bought it early for the discount and will be happy to have 3 to 6 months of flying it before

the PMDG sees the light of day.

The only real issue I still have is the landing gear aren't retracting after takeoff, others don't see this

so maybe its me. But with the debug stuff finally compiled out the look and performance is very

nice, I've not really flown the thing thru a real flight yet. Once the gear issue is resolved I plan to.

I get the landing gear issue with 0.6 too - didn't have it with the earlier versions. It's a shame because I have been really enjoying this product even though it is not complete.

I get the landing gear issue with 0.6 too - didn't have it with the earlier versions. It's a shame because I have been really enjoying this product even though it is not complete.

LOL, ya they really seem to do the 'two-steps-forward-one-back' thing a lot :lol: Still, I'm a software developer

too, and it happens to us all. I've just been real happy with how responsive and interactive they've become

lately.

As far as I am concerned....no developer has ever released a product that works 100%. There have always and will always be updates to fix various issues. One might see the CIP as paying to test a program, but again, if customers would READ the disclaimers they will see that they are getting an incomplete product for which they are expected to assist in ironing out bugs and get a discount on the final product. While there are other developers who offer free beta testing, they are limited to a select few people and quite honestly when the product is released you wonder if anyone at all even tested the product correctly. From my own experience, many out there want to beta test to get a free product in the end while making very little contribution to ironing out issues. The one benefit of the CIP is that more individual are able to see and report bugs which contributes to a better quality product on final release.

Someone made the comment earlier that they would rather have a product that is 100% realistic. Well I am sorry to break it to everyone who thinks that PMDG, Level D or any other top developers produce 100% realistic aircrafts. It may SEEM that they are but if you are a real pilot you will easily be able to spot the give and takes of each product. While the NGX is a fabulous product, I would be caution about saying that other aircraft are no longer enjoyable or that they no longer measure up. IMO, the Leonardo Maddog (minus the model) and Concorde X had already reached the so called NGX standard a few years ago.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

What I actually kinda find funny is people stating or hinting that PMDGs T7 will be complete and utter perfection.

While a avid PMDG supporter, I think it is funny how people forget that the first few SP/.Versions, whatever you want to call them, had issues with the whole display freezing up and it taking months to figure out.....MONTHS for one issue that SURELY should have been caught in their "Inside" beta testing....I mean....wow, not a small glitch to catch.

Bashing addons with issues is one thing when they are stated as complete, to even hint that the T7 from CS is going to be crap, or has issues when it is in Alpha/Beta, whatever just simply makes no sense.....

My only worry is that this CS777 thread could run for another five years as that is how long they normally need to get something close to bug free

Maybe Version 0.9.9999999.98 will be out by 2020 :LMAO:

Just in time for the PMDG 777 release......... sorry couldn't resist. But on a serious note, I am looking forward to the PMDG777, there is no doubt it will be fantastic but as I mentioned before, many of you simmers out there are failing to see the point...you are measuring whether a product is good based on the standard of the NGX. But any of you who have been part of the flightsim world for sometime will know very well that this so called NGX standard of in-depth systems was achieve many years ago with the Leonardo Maddog, Majestic Software Dash 8 300 and just recently the Concorde X, in some cases they surpasses the NGX but you won't notice that if your focused on a shiny new model and virtual cockpit. This being the case, there is no doubt that PMDG is VERY good..but by all means they are not THE best. The title of best addons belong to a handful of developers and all of them never get it perfect the first time.

The last CIP plane (737) came in pretty fast after starting as 0.x and I think that, with the amount of testers in mind, the 777 at it's current speed will do too. At least that's what the current step releases show.

So it could be that I don't get Luke's humour in the first place or just fell into the trap with the 'lets stir it up some more' attitude. I don't know. :Worried:

Great posts from you folks, Caribpilot and William J.S.S, on the ways of defining 'perfection' or even realism. While I do hope/think that a lot more people see it that way, I wished that some of those reasonable opinions would be more vocal.

Caribpilot....Member since July 2008......Avsim Staff.... and only 130 posts????/

Why have you been keeping all that logic and common sense to yourself and not sharing it more often?????

He%20He.gif

Jay

Caribpilot....Member since July 2008......Avsim Staff.... and only 130 posts????/

Why have you been keeping all that logic and common sense to yourself and not sharing it more often?????

He%20He.gif

I don't have the time to come on forums as often as I would like and most times when I do I tend to observe. I honestly find the constant debate over which is the best among PMDG, Captain Sim and Level D pointless since they all have their good and bad aspects.

The sad part of all of this is that most of the debates focus on in-depth systems and exterior models or virtual cockpit details but if you were to ask them about the many of the system or model features they have no clue because they don't use them. Many are satisfied to start up..load a flight plan..set up an ILS approach which is far from being "realistic".

Is that PMDLuke again......?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

So it could be that I don't get Luke's humour in the first place or just fell into the trap with the 'lets stir it up some more' attitude. I don't know. :Worried:

Nope you don't, just to clarify I was saying all above jokingly :LMAO:

Is that PMDLuke again......?

Nice nickname, if you really knew me you'd fit Boeing in there some how :lol:

The sad part of all of this is that most of the debates focus on in-depth systems and exterior models or virtual cockpit details but if you were to ask them about the many of the system or model features they have no clue because they don't use them. Many are satisfied to start up..load a flight plan..set up an ILS approach which is far from being "realistic".

There ya go again Carib, you're killin me with all this logic!!

Jay