Sign in to follow this  
FSXHD

Captain Sim 777 0.6 SP is out

Well, the discount part is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. I know that's why I bought it. If I was going to genuinely beta test it, I'd want a freebie for the effort of having done so.

I've beta tested a few things over the years, genuinely being part of the testing team, and I don't mind that, but there is no way I'd pay simply to beta test something, although having said that, it appears that is what everyone who bought Pro ATC seems to have inadvertently done LOL.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Then I guess it's a difference of opinion, since some see it as buying it at a discount, and others see it as paying to beta test.

I am very happy! I made an informed decision to buy this product under the community involvement plan, my reward was a discount of $20.00. For me its well worth it, and I enjoy waiting for the weekly up-dates. If you have grievances with a captain Sim product, please take your comments to their forum.

I don't like it when people make arbitrary negative remarks about a product or a developers customer service, it's just poor "forum-ship" especially as you have no experience of the product. You are just trying to spoil peoples fun. Most of us are thinking people who make our own choices, we do not have to tolerate spoilers who question our judgment.

Yes I will buy Captain Sim products, yes I will get involved with their CIP program again.

If anyone has a rant about a developer, please take your-self to their forum and discuss it with them. They will then be able to express their views and defend/explain their decisions with you.

BRGDS

Charles

Nice to see them progressing at speed. Am still amazed on how differently people interpret 0.x version numbers, discounts and large 'Experimental' banners though. :huh:

I'm holding out for 1.0, but a huge thumbs up for you folks already running and testing her, offering your input over at the CS forums. :smile:

Then I guess it's a difference of opinion (...)

Somehow i knew i'd find you here :lol:

You didn't even touch the T7 and keep coming for more CS bashing, nice. Can't wait to read your comments on the 0.7 release :wub:

As for the 0.6 release, i do think they didn't make much progress, i sincerely hope the next one has something really new and many more stuff fixed/working.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

especially as you have no experience of the product

Yes, I do. I own their 757 which still doesn't work correctly. Rather then fix it, they're releasing another 757 for more money.

And these are the general FSX forums, where we can give our opinions about all sorts of products no matter the developer.

Calm down.

You didn't even touch the T7 and keep coming for more CS bashing, nice. Can't wait to read your comments on the 0.7 release :wub:

While your sarcasm is touching, why would I pay money for an unfinished product when I can wait for PMDG and pay for something I know will be complete and quality at the same time?

You guys really are incredible, lol. I express disbelief at paying for an unfinished product and I get butcher knives thrown at me. Oh well. Everyone is passionate about something!

Pre-paying for a beta version is not that uncommon these days, it is a way to get the thing for less. I bought the beta of DCS A-10, Take on Helicopters, Mount and Blade and Guild Wars, and they've all turned out okay. Thus I would imagine that most of us who bought the CS 777 didn't do so because they wanted to pay for a beta, but rather that they wanted to pay less for it, and that was the way to do so.

The fact that you can involve yourself in the forums and the beta is, I suspect, a secondary consideration for most. I did post a few bugs on the first release, mostly pointing out typos and stuff, it took me five minutes and was not exactly a hardship, then I parked it up and will await the version 1, which will have cost me considerably less.

There's a difference between paying to beta test and paying to beta test and then having to pay again to get the complete product.

Aerosoft is doing this by charging again for their completed Airbus although they were at least upfront about it. CS is doing this with their 757. I'm not sure if Blackbox is going to charge more for the more indepth version although it sounds like it.

In the case of CS, they don't have a good history of fixing their products and have a history of wanting to charge you more down the road for more systems, fixes, and improvements.

It's a crappy business model to me for consumers.

There's a difference between paying to beta test and paying to beta test and then having to pay again to get the complete product.

Aerosoft is doing this by charging again for their completed Airbus although they were at least upfront about it. CS is doing this with their 757. I'm not sure if Blackbox is going to charge more for the more indepth version although it sounds like it.

In the case of CS, they don't have a good history of fixing their products and have a history of wanting to charge you more down the road for more systems, fixes, and improvements.

I agree, but what has that got to do with my post which you quoted?

Al

Alan Bradbury

I pay because i can, and i am an enthusiast, simple as that. It's not THAT hard to understand.

People compare everything to PMDG, now THAT is hilarious. What's PMDG? The supreme gods of sim development? I can have fun with many products, not just their products (which are VERY good, yes), but they can throw anything at you right now, good or bad, and it'll be supreme because it reads "PMDG".

Relax and don't be so PMDG-Biased.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Nothing is free in this world. I look forward to the new 757, I bet hundreds of hours are going into it's development. I expect to pay for that work.

"There's a difference between paying to beta test and paying to beta test and then having to pay again to get the complete product".......................................

As far as I know when I bought this product there was nothing informing me that I had to pay for the 777 again, if fact I pay less for it!

"Yes, I do. I own their 757 which still doesn't work correctly. Rather then fix it, they're releasing another 757 for more money.

And these are the general FSX forums, where we can give our opinions about all sorts of products no matter the developer.

Calm down."

The product we are discussing and I am referring too is the CS777. Do you own this product?

BRGDS

Charles

The phase of a thread where every side involved tells the other one to relax usually doesn't mark the most informing part, but just the most entertaining (for some). :mellow:

While I won't interrupt other folks on their personal crusade, perhaps some of you actually running 0.6 can tell how it performs. I mean, this would make sense in a thread on the 0.6 CS777, right? :smile:

I'm sure we have some fellow forum members around thinking about grabbing 0.6 or waiting for a later version. So how far is the CS777 from your personal viewpoint?

I agree, but what has that got to do with my post which you quoted?

Al

Because you cited DCSA10 and TOH. I was just pointing out that there's a difference because those people guarantee you the full final version.

Nothing is free in this world. I look forward to the new 757, I bet hundreds of hours are going into it's development. I expect to pay for that work.

"There's a difference between paying to beta test and paying to beta test and then having to pay again to get the complete product".......................................

As far as I know when I bought this product there was nothing informing me that I had to pay for the 777 again, if fact I pay less for it!

"Yes, I do. I own their 757 which still doesn't work correctly. Rather then fix it, they're releasing another 757 for more money.

Calm down."

The product we are discussing and I am referring too is the CS777. Do you own this product?

BRGDS

Charles

The point is, history tends to repeat itself with this developer. Don't be surprised when you have to purchase another "block" for the 777 to bring it up to being fully functional. It's happened with nearly all their other airliners.

We'll just have to disagree about the 757. I think it's absolute BS that you charge people tons of money in "blocks" to get the 757 up to working condition but still bugged and with it's problems and then they want to charge you yet again for the next version to fix the remaining issues.

Yup, it probably would make sense if someone could post something about it in .6 form, although that probably won't be me; I bought it for the discount rather than to test it at this stage. And besides, there are probably people more into the 777 than me who know more about the real thing, ask me about the 737 and I can bang on all day about it, but I'm certainly no expert on the Triple Seven.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Because you cited DCSA10 and TOH. I was just pointing out that there's a difference because those people guarantee you the full final version.

The point is, history tends to repeat itself with this developer. Don't be surprised when you have to purchase another "block" for the 777 to bring it up to being fully functional. It's happened with nearly all their other airliners.

Hello Bonchie

We'll just have to disagree about the 757. I think it's absolute BS that you charge people tons of money in "blocks" to get the 757 up to working condition but still bugged and with it's problems and then they want to charge you yet again for the next version to fix the remaining issues.

Hello Bonchie,

Yes I know that I will have to pay for the interior block to get all the passenger seats and toilets etc. It,s great that you can pick and choose for what you really want. Naturally, I expect to pay for the developers work.

As for the version 6 model of the 777.........

The plane looks stunning, the turbine blade and wing flex animations are the best I have ever seen.

I have set my EzDOK camera up to have views underneath the wings because there is so much HD detail to look at in the gear bays etc.

All the animations work, opening doors, passenger slides etc.

If you want to get a discount on the finished product and really want to own this plane, I think now is a good time to buy it for general flying. The model does not have all the functional systems of the final product. I have had a bit of trouble with the auto pilot, I have not read the manual yet!

The landing gear now works however you need to turn on the hydraulic switches above the cockpit door to enable the flying controls.

Charles

I

I pay because i can, and i am an enthusiast, simple as that. It's not THAT hard to understand.

People compare everything to PMDG, now THAT is hilarious. What's PMDG? The supreme gods of sim development? I can have fun with many products, not just their products (which are VERY good, yes), but they can throw anything at you right now, good or bad, and it'll be supreme because it reads "PMDG".

Relax and don't be so PMDG-Biased.

This post like many here is totally off the subject. No one called PMDG gods, so obviously you have your own issues with them.

This thread is about discussing CS. Already two people have been attacked in this thread. One for posting a lot in a 777 forum and another for expressing their own opinion on how paying for beta isnt a great idea. If you like the pay to test program as well as CS in general, then fine. But lets try to be civil as well.

It is my belief that people are citing a "discount" for buying into this CIP thing, but the reality is more likely that they just wanted a nice shiny new plane and are rationalizing the purchase of a plane that doesn't have the basics working (as of now).

It is also my opinion but the more we allow paid betas as consumers, the more we will see. I am totally against it, but that's just my view.

Can we just discuss 0.6 now please?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma