Sign in to follow this  
FSXHD

Captain Sim 777 0.6 SP is out

The sad part of all of this is that most of the debates focus on in-depth systems and exterior models or virtual cockpit details but if you were to ask them about the many of the system or model features they have no clue because they don't use them. Many are satisfied to start up..load a flight plan..set up an ILS approach which is far from being "realistic".

So this is your argument:

People are dumb, therefore Captain Sim tricks enough dumb people to pass off as "realistic"

Glad we got that out of the way

So this is your argument:

People are dumb, therefore Captain Sim tricks enough dumb people to pass off as "realistic"

Glad we got that out of the way

No...what's dumb is that one would think that ANY product can be 100% REALISTIC...this has nothing to do with Captain or PMDG or anyone else...the fact is that...NONE are by its true definition REALISTIC. Eg: Is controlling your external power and doors through your CDU/FMC realistic? is not having wx realistic? no. The point is that each product has its give an take and there are many shortcuts that have been taken to make it user friendly.

The second point is that with regard to Captain Sim, they plainly state what systems they have simulated and what they haven't and yet for all someone will pop up and complain about a system or feature not working which wasn't meant to work to begin with. Their manuals are available for download free of charge... it's time people start reading before they click on the BUY button..

If you ask me....realism comes from how you use the product...

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

No...what's dumb is that one would think that ANY product can be 100% REALISTIC...this has nothing to do with Captain or PMDG or anyone else...the fact is that...NONE are by its true definition REALISTIC. Eg: Is controlling your external power and doors through your CDU/FMC realistic? is not having wx realistic? no. The point is that each product has its give an take and there are many shortcuts that have been taken to make it user friendly.

The second point is that with regard to Captain Sim, they plainly state what systems they have simulated and what they haven't and yet for all someone will pop up and complain about a system or feature not working which wasn't meant to work to begin with. Their manuals are available for download free of charge... it's time people start reading before they click on the BUY button..

If you ask me....realism comes from how you use the product...

Go ahead and post inaccuracies in the Level-D or PMDG product line

This is not about inaccuracies....this is about realism. they are completely different words with different meanings within different contexts.The fact remains that in each product there are things simulated and things not simulated. The systems that are simulated are fairly accurate within the confines.

Why would he do this in a CS thread? :mellow:

This is not about inaccuracies....this is about realism. they are completely different words with different meanings within different contexts.The fact remains that in each product there are things simulated and things not simulated. The systems that are simulated are fairly accurate within the confines.

What's with semantics? Either systems are inaccurate in a PMDG airplane or they aren't. So now please list these inaccuracies. So far we have a list of them in all the CS airplanes but none so far in Level-D and PMDG. CS systems are not realistic, PMDG and Level-D are. End of story.

End of story.

Perhaps you should, if things are so clear, really end it, eh? Repeating the message over and over and adding war time rhetorics won't enhance your or some other's mood. :Peace:

If there's something we can do to help you with current or future purchases, don't hesitate to post. :smile:

End of story.

Thank God.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thank God.

Just setting the record straight. CS cheerleaders come in and trick more fools into buying their products and how dare someone point out it's just a prettier default aircraft?

There is a Captain Sim forum here, and an official forum hosted on their websites. All CS topics should go there, just like topics for other companies have been moved, like the Carenado topics for example.

So when the 'inevitable' 0.7 version arrives and someone posts the changelog, then openly asks for the people's opinion on it, you will go through the roof? :huh: That's what happened so far, gear off and away.

As you may have spotted, one of those opinions is yours and I'm pretty sure that you did get that all folks around have one and that all of them are appreciated. So I'm in doubt if moving threads away really helps you.

And, please, don't make me feel like I've fed the beast some more. :Worried:

Just setting the record straight. CS cheerleaders come in and trick more fools into buying their products and how dare someone point out it's just a prettier default aircraft?

There is a Captain Sim forum here, and an official forum hosted on their websites. All CS topics should go there, just like topics for other companies have been moved, like the Carenado topics for example.

I still have no clue what you are talking about. But to set matters straight, I care nothing for CS, Level D or PMDG...so my comments are totally unbiased and from my own experience using and reviewing most of these products. In no way did anyone say anything about PMDG or Level D products being inaccurate. For the sake of those who do not know what the meaning of "inaccuracy" is, it means :error, mistake, or faulty. For the past few post we have been taking about realism which is a completely separate topic. What is advertised as being modeled in various products work as advertised so they are accurate..the realism factor was already pointed out in my previous post.....

Anyways, I am not encouraging anyone to buy CS, PMDG or any other product but I own both of their products and many others that I enjoy much more. I am simply stating that the constant debate over which is better is irrelevant since NONE are 100% REALISTIC.

If someone wants to buy PMDG products and they love the quality, then fine that's fantastic. If you love CS or Level D then that's great but don't force your opinions on others if you think one is better than the next. I have seen many complaints about various products and many (not all) are the fault of the customer not reading their manuals or simply having other PC problems that compound their negative experience with a product.

I still have no clue what you are talking about. But to set matters straight, I care nothing for CS, Level D or PMDG...so my comments are totally unbiased and from my own experience using and reviewing most of these products. In no way did anyone say anything about PMDG or Level D products being inaccurate. For the sake of those who do not know what the meaning of "inaccuracy" is, it means :error, mistake, or faulty. For the past few post we have been taking about realism which is a completely separate topic. What is advertised as being modeled in various products work as advertised so they are accurate..the realism factor was already pointed out in my previous post.....

Anyways, I am not encouraging anyone to buy CS, PMDG or any other product but I own both of their products and many others that I enjoy much more. I am simply stating that the constant debate over which is better is irrelevant since NONE are 100% REALISTIC.

If someone wants to buy PMDG products and they love the quality, then fine that's fantastic. If you love CS or Level D then that's great but don't force your opinions on others if you think one is better than the next. I have seen many complaints about various products and many (not all) are the fault of the customer not reading their manuals or simply having other PC problems that compound their negative experience with a product.

That's a lot of words for not answering my question. I asked you to point out the unrealistic parts of the PMDG and Level-D addons and you still have been unable to do so.

That's a lot of text after

End of story.

^_^

Did 0.6 improve anything for you, Mr. Gear?

Good grief, you sure have taken this personally. Let me , if I may, give you a reality check. Flight Simulation is a hobby. These forums are designed for people like myself, and even you, yes you!! to share our enjoyment, of FSX, and various addons. Not only that, but to help those who for some reason or another, need a helping hand. That's what I understand Avsim to be.

We do get a reasonably free reign to discuss various topics, and not all topics are popular with everybody. Furthermore, you have no right to be rude and obnoxious to other users, because they don't share your anger against a certain developer. Imagine if everyone did this ?

This thread will be a distant memory soon enough, and like thousands of other threads, good and bad,it will disappear into oblivion.

Walk away from this, go and fly somewhere, anywhere, but here.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.