Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerocaches are back!

Also, I Guess nobody got the Jabberwocky reference in my post! :P

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

Hi Devon,

Of course I did, but it seems everybody else is ignoring you. Poor Lewis would turn in his grave at such ignorance :lol:

BTW, do you know the Muppet version of it? One of my favourite scenes...

Hi Devon,

Of course I did, but it seems everybody else is ignoring you. Poor Lewis would turn in his grave at such ignorance :lol:

BTW, do you know the Muppet version of it? One of my favourite scenes...

I do, but had forgotten long ago. Thanks for reminding me!

(It just seemed to me that searching the countryside for Aerocaches (or Snarks or Bojums) is a pretty whimsical task!! :P

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think the whole "Aerocache of the Day" concept is fundamentally flawed.

Put them all in. Let people go look for them. Maybe "highlight" one each day, but don't trickle them out like this. At least in Hawaii, there were a few dozen others to go look for if you wanted to do so.

I like the AOTD concept - it gets me to login nearly every day - but agree it's lame if that's the only way to get them.

BTW - I wonder what people see who don't have Alaska? Are they seeing Alaskan AOTDs that they can't get to? Or Hawaiian AOTDs? Or nothing?

I wish they'd still repeat some more of the Hawaiians. There are some I never got to.

More or less a knight of icchi icchi icchi Patangg here...

The Knights who say what?

Ah! Now we are talking!

But let's stay on-topic. :wink:

Ah! Now we are talking! But let's stay on-topic. :wink:

That python-esque humor is an acquired habit. many people I have introduced to such films have no idea why I consider them amusing, and the hilarity of an exploding cow or the fish slapping dance (much less the ministry of silly walks) leaves them cold. :P

Back to topic, I am an indifferent Aerocacher, but I have my sudden bursts of enthusiasm.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

But let's stay on-topic. :wink:

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Can someone that has collected the last 3 caches (the new ones in Alaska), verify that they are being added properly to your total? I've collected all of them but my in-game total is off by one. Wonder if that might have something to do with the Elmendorf anomaly? I didn't see anything but a quick flash before getting the cache so I'm not sure if that is the reason or not. I did get the yellow flash and the notification box that I had collected all of them.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

There is at least one report that after a few hours one persons score was de-incremented by one.

Devons rig

Bloody peasant!

I've fallen off my chair, Brian.

There is at least one report that after a few hours one persons score was de-incremented by one.

I can confirm this happened to me too

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

@188AHC:

The same here... The last and very difficult ;-) AC wasn't saved in my ingame profile too, but online it is...

Gesendet von meinem X10i mit Tapatalk 2

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Well, hopefully, they will get this sorted out. I see Tatitna is still the AOD for today. Probably has something to do with activating caches and getting all the Steam stuff worked out. I can imagine what they are dealing with as I had a heck of a time making a purchase from Steam myself during the sale.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals