Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Freeware P180!

You know I'm monitoring this thread guys! Thanks to all! It is mandatory to check the ITTs, although once you climb a bit, it is usually safe to slam the throttles to the stop and climb at 2900fpm (but not suggested for fuel economy! And no, an engine that catches fire will of course die shortly after, and if it gets extinguished with the fire bottle, there's no way a foam-filled combustion chamber could light up again! (unless it explodes... but I did not implement this! :lol: ). In FSX the internal fire simulation also triggers the FSX one, so the engine will start losing power until it dies (this is the only added realism with rsepect to the FS9 version, but still engines will cut off after a while on FS9) ...someone here had to fire both extinguishers, and if the battery did not make it to the ground, he had to hand pump the gear down and perform a flap-less dead-stick landing! :help:

About the HD stuff, static textures for the cabin & cockpit walls work nicely, I wish I could bump up the gauge resolution too!

signature.jpg

Agreed on being an excellent plane. Australia cruising and still making smaller fields is easy with that one.

I'll take HD textures whenever I can, Mario. :smile:

I have one question and that is can you change the range distance on the EFIS or is that just the way it is designed? I could not find a place to do that.

As for the ND (EFIS) setting, use the pedestal (popup). The lower left part offers the knobs for range and details.

Maybe I've just been a wuss, but the previous planes I always disable engine failure etc.... this one it's just realistc - you get what you get, there's no way to disable them as far as I know - and it's quite a challenge! Other than (a want of mine) a VC upgrade to HD this thing is amazing for freeware.

Seriously well done Mario!

Yeah, what he said B)

...someone here had to fire both extinguishers, and if the battery did not make it to the ground, he had to hand pump the gear down and perform a flap-less dead-stick landing! :help:

That was probably me. I put the gear immediately and turned back for the airport. Touched down at the start of the runway. It was an interesting landing to say the least....

I too think this is an excellent package. Being somewhat new I find it challenging but not over whelming and for me very close to real. Thank you for the effort. I have one question and that is can you change the range distance on the EFIS or is that just the way it is designed? I could not find a place to do that. Thank you. This is using the VC.

You can change the distance... the knob is on the center console towards the back left if I recall. Back left meaning closest to the cabin door and pilot's seat.

Also, I need guidance on a function in the autopilot. In CLM mode the plane will climb at the most efficient rate and speed. That's what mode I was in last night when my ITT went in the red. shouldn't this automated system keep that from happening or does it just pitch for the speed and apply power to achieve the rate of climb?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Also, I need guidance on a function in the autopilot. In CLM mode the plane will climb at the most efficient rate and speed. That's what mode I was in last night when my ITT went in the red. shouldn't this automated system keep that from happening or does it just pitch for the speed and apply power to achieve the rate of climb?

Hmm... maybe the ITT system is too sensitive... the CLM mode does not account for ITT, maybe it should, but it is tied to FS own Autothrottle... it simply initiates a best climb profile trying to stay on speed and climb rate...

It might be overheating too easily here...maybe I need to decrease a little the ITT in the AIR file to allow for better hot climate performance...

also, note that the engines get damage when overheated, and after that temperatures stay higher...

HD interior textures, lower ITTs, I'll make a little update pack with options when I'll find the time in a day or 2...!

signature.jpg

Hmm... maybe the ITT system is too sensitive... the CLM mode does not account for ITT, maybe it should, but it is tied to FS own Autothrottle... it simply initiates a best climb profile trying to stay on speed and climb rate...

It might be overheating too easily here...maybe I need to decrease a little the ITT in the AIR file to allow for better hot climate performance...

also, note that the engines get damage when overheated, and after that temperatures stay higher...

HD interior textures, lower ITTs, I'll make a little update pack with options when I'll find the time in a day or 2...!

No rush Mario. I kind of like the ITT behaviour, reminds of an old Fiat 124 and Alfa GTA I had many moons ago. A little temperamental when the outside temp got very warm but once they got going, all was well.

Hmmmm....must be an Italian thing :rolleyes:

Had an Italian girlfriend that was like that but that's a whole other story :P

Thanks for the help on the EFIS range. Was in the manual too........ <_<

Does anyone know if the transponder has mode c capability? If it does, how do I turn it on? I looked in the manual but there is no mention of it.

After spending the past couple of weeks bombing around in my -NGX and MD-11, I decided to try this little beauty again and the first thing that came to mind was that there is really no add-on in the same space (turbo-prop business plane) that has as much character as this P-180. It makes planes like the Carenado C90 look and "feel" just boring.

Still amazed this is free...

Yep and it's so fast! And I can blow up engines lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I like the shape of it, the VC impression with the long-ish nose. And the sounds, and the system detail.

Yep and it's so fast! And I can blow up engines lol!

THIS!!! ^^^^^ :ph34r:

There is no realism button, no "chance of failure" slider. You don't watch your ITT's and OAT and you blow engines. Gotta love that

I like the shape of it, the VC impression with the long-ish nose. And the sounds, and the system detail.

Nothing like it in RL or in FSX. The view out of the VC is gorgeous. Love all the glass.

Gotta love the sound. Too bad you can't hear much of the engines in the cockpit.

Wonder when the next update will be out?

Looks like I'm late for this party. I just downloaded and installed v3 and for freeware it's pretty darned awesome. I'd like to see sharper VC textures and gauges, but I just can't get over how detailed this is for freeware! I was considering buying a payware Super King Air, but the P180 has the range and carrying capacity of a B200 with the speed similar to a Citation II, but burns less fuel than any of the King Airs or Citations. Wow!

92 page manual... guess I'll be printing for a while.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.