Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Airbus X Extended Release Date!

The fonts changed. They're not the same fonts that were used in the first Airbus X.

Paradox, Ronan in post 153 said that " the fonts and colours look really different to the ones in the actual Airbus, they bear very little resemblance". Will the new fonts make it look similar or improve things ?

They should do like Captain Sim and release it when it's half way done then we can work for them for free as beta testers for the next 6 months and tell them everything that's wrong so they can then go back and fix it. So, I guess delays are a good thing!

Is it an Airbus licencing issue with the dissimilar fonts and cockpit voices?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Paradox, Ronan in post 153 said that " the fonts and colours look really different to the ones in the actual Airbus, they bear very little resemblance". Will the new fonts make it look similar or improve things ?

The fonts itself somewhat resemble the real thing (I have to check that again). i would prefer the RW font tho but I read somewhere that they can't due to licensing issues or something of that nature, I'm not too sure.

The colors are still the same as the first Airbus X too.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

The fonts itself somewhat resemble the real thing (I have to check that again).

They aren't really, the phrases and words used may give the impression that the font is the same, but they're not, they're different and noticeably so. But as I said earlier, the user the product is aimed at probably wouldn't notice the difference, for people who consider FS a toy instead of a simulator...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

They should do like Captain Sim and release it when it's half way done then we can work for them for free as beta testers for the next 6 months and tell them everything that's wrong so they can then go back and fix it. So, I guess delays are a good thing!

Ah ah ah!! Nice one. :lol:

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Being one of developers on the Airbus X version 1, as well as having put some small stuff into the extended versions, may I please make something clear ?....

Airbus X V1 was never told to be a highend addon. We even told that numerous times before and after release. The goal was to make an addon available for those who didn´t want (or rather have time - family, work - You know !) to read a 400 page manual. So system wise it was planned from start to finish to be "Light", but with the best graphics possible to make in FSX.

Problem was that even those who constantly asked, and where answered, still appaeread after release and bashed about stuff we never promised, and actually clearly told we would NOT do.

Well after Airbus V1 Aerosoft saw that there where potential in the Airbus X V1 to be enhanced towards the more advanced flightsimmers needs, and work started on that.

While it won´t be as detailed regarding failures, wear and tear like the PMDG 737 NGX, it will be a far cry from V1 (please see the link below).

What you will find are an overhaul of almost all aircraft systems.

Some of those that was simplified in V1 has been coded from scratch and new systems added, like:

-Autopilot (Most realworld functions added)

-FMGS (MCDU) - (SID/STAR, Airways etc, etc...)

-ADIR (IRS system)

-New ND with curved lines

-FBW (Totally customcoded and like said elsewhere - You dont want to make autolands with this smoothness)

-Autoland

-FADEC with much more accurate behaviour

-Updated models and textures, both in the VC and exteriour (We didn´t knew it could become better, but it really have)

And definitly some items more that I can´t remember.

The Airbus X Extended is not a Servicepack or Update to the Airbus X V1 it´s very much a standalone product.

But for further discussion about Airbus vs FSX please read my post here on the Aerosoft preview forum:

http://forum.aerosof...480#entry390640

Maybe You will better understand why no highend Airbus has been released until now.

Just my humble input to this thread...

Best regards

Finn Jacobsen

(Aerosoft developer)

I just purchased the Airbus X V1 because I don't want to wait for the next (re-scheduled arrival) of V2 and I was very sad to see my FSX crash for the first time, while opening Flight PLanner while in flight - :( - Tested 3 times and yes it crashed everytime. FSX Ran mint before I installed.

Now I paid $45.00 for this item and I SURE HOPE that we get some sort of deal on purchasing V2 - as V1 is obviously BUGGY. -- You can't just sell an item that's half broken and expect customers to purchase an entirely NEW version because V1 was not coded correctly.

I look forward to seeing the pricing menu of the new V2 Extended.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for the NEW FEATURES, but I've already spent $45.00 + tax on the buggy features of V1.

Thanks

Rob

I just purchased the Airbus X V1 because I don't want to wait for the next (re-scheduled arrival) of V2 and I was very sad to see my FSX crash for the first time, while opening Flight PLanner while in flight - :( - Tested 3 times and yes it crashed everytime. FSX Ran mint before I installed.

Now I paid $45.00 for this item and I SURE HOPE that we get some sort of deal on purchasing V2 - as V1 is obviously BUGGY. -- You can't just sell an item that's half broken and expect customers to purchase an entirely NEW version because V1 was not coded correctly.

I look forward to seeing the pricing menu of the new V2 Extended.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for the NEW FEATURES, but I've already spent $45.00 + tax on the buggy features of V1.

Thanks

Rob

Sorry to hear about Your problems.

The prices will be like this:

This is what we plan, but until you see it on the shop please only see this as an indication!

• Full Boxed: 32.39 Euro (inc EU-VAT 39.99 Euro)
  • Full Download: 32.36 Euro (inc EU-VAT 39.95 Euro)
  • Download with Airbus X serial code discount: 16.16 Euro (inc EU-VAT 19.95 Euro)
  • Airbus X box to new download Airbus X Extended 16.16 Euro
  • Airbus X box to new download Airbus X Extended box 20.17 Euro
  • Download with Virtual Airline discount: 26.68 Euro (inc EU-VAT 32.95 Euro) note that discounts cannot be combined
  • Aerosoft will never charge for liveries, updates or extension

This means that if You bought the download version of the Airbus X V1, then You can "Upgrade" (Note that V2 is not regarded as a patch for V1) for 16.16 Euro (inc EU-VAT 19.95 Euro).

I know that I´m far from objective, but I´m sure You will find that amount of money worth it once The V" has been released. It´s a major step forward from V!.

(Avsim... Sorry for noting prices here, but I was asked ;))

Best regards

Finn

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

If I'm not wrong you will only pay $15 (USD 24 according above post) for this new version, if you already own the v1.

This is a personal opinion but i think they should give it to you for free as that plane was near unflyable.

Sorry to hear about Your problems.

The prices will be like this:

This is what we plan, but until you see it on the shop please only see this as an indication!

• Full Boxed: 32.39 Euro (inc EU-VAT 39.99 Euro)
  • Full Download: 32.36 Euro (inc EU-VAT 39.95 Euro)
  • Download with Airbus X serial code discount: 16.16 Euro (inc EU-VAT 19.95 Euro)
  • Airbus X box to new download Airbus X Extended 16.16 Euro
  • Airbus X box to new download Airbus X Extended box 20.17 Euro
  • Download with Virtual Airline discount: 26.68 Euro (inc EU-VAT 32.95 Euro) note that discounts cannot be combined
  • Aerosoft will never charge for liveries, updates or extension

This means that if You bought the download version of the Airbus X V1, then You can "Upgrade" (Note that V2 is not regarded as a patch for V1) for 16.16 Euro (inc EU-VAT 19.95 Euro).

I know that I´m far from objective, but I´m sure You will find that amount of money worth it once The V" has been released. It´s a major step forward from V!.

(Avsim... Sorry for noting prices here, but I was asked ;))

Best regards

Finn

Thank you, Finn!

I actually found that after I posted this message and I thanked you guys for your customer service stance in options for people that have already just purchased Airbus x V1 - I think that is a VERY SMART move, indeed.

When I look at those prices, I feel happy and will have no problem purchasing more items from a company that cares about it's customer's :)

Great job guys !!

I commend your team :)

Thanks again for the info

Rob

Anyone has an update on the release date> I thought it was October 23rd?

Thanks

Bernd