Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Cap

Airbus X Extended Release Date!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Finally!! I really hope for an Airbus era.. I'm really tired of these 737s all around ;) Too bad they won't model the A319 :( At least FSL promised to do so, after their initial release of 320

I am just glad that they are making a realistic Airbus! I've got my debit card ready!!

I can't wait to do the Delta A320 short hops in this beauty!

Cool, I hope this will be a worthy bus that we can play with, at least until the FSLabs one

Great to hear, I think I will buy it and use it until FSlabs gets their bus ready.

Woot woot! Lol.

Seriously tho, you guys are gonna wanna hand fly this baby every time on final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superb news. Shame they're not doing the A318 and A319, would be very very nice. Still, it'll be the best 'bus until now, i guess and we need it so much :)

Yea it will be pretty kool airbus era . The 737 its getting kind of old even dow its fun to fly. But lets give airbus the chance now . :) :biggrin:

Guys,

Just remember that if you already own the first Airbus X, you get a discount on the Extended version.

Chris,

I see that you are a part of the Beta Team.

Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

How are the sounds from within the cockpit? Are the CFM engines sounds just like real life? How about ambient cockpit noises?

Sounds are TSS IIRC. No change from the original Airbus X.

Ambient sounds in the cockpit is changed.

Sounds are TSS IIRC. No change from the original Airbus X.

Ambient sounds in the cockpit is changed.

Thanks Joshua! :smile:

Guys,

Just remember that if you already own the first Airbus X, you get a discount on the Extended version.

Thats good to know. Thanks

Like an Idiot I bought the older version just last week. And I can't even run it properly in win 7.

Manny

Finally. We need more of those dates. ^_^

Agreed! But, I would rather them tell me a month in advance and actually push it out the door on that date than try to promise a date a year in advance then not make the deadline.

Don't worry, no problem with the actual Aerosoft Airbus date. I'd just like to see some 1.0 BBS, 1.0 Airbus Extended and the FSL to be there. Then I would pick a nice one, or all ^_^ , and be happy since the sim gap on Airbus would be closed. Well, for the A320.

Ben, if the Extended arrives, we will expect your review. :smile:

Curious - why is everyone treating this release as a placeholder for the FSL version? While the original version was a light version (like they said it was going to be from the beginning), it seems like a light version with a stunning VC, excellent exterior model and great sounds would be a good base to create an advanced offering. After all, they added a year of development on top of the lighter product that included a ton up user input and testing.

I'm not trying to be contrary here. I am honestly curious.

Well because of what the FSLabs Airbus is expected to be like. Some of the stuff they're doing is amazing. I'm sure the Aerosoft airbus will be good, maybe the best Airbus for fsx....until FsLabs. IMO

Cheers

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Curious - why is everyone treating this release as a placeholder for the FSL version?

I don't. It wouldn't be the first purchase of a plane 'I already have'. Just looking at my 737 fleet and flying them all.

But I guess some people will love the Aerosoft extended bus for being between the initial release and the, assumed, super detailed FSL. Well, that's how I understood Aerosoft so far. Seems like they aim to keep a bit of the initial character while adding details. Some of them being in the lines of that active FO (are they still on it?) plus the vital SID and STAR ability.

For me, the first version wasn't much fun, but I know quite some people which said it was spot on. So I guess there is a place for all renditions.

I don't know if the one thing can act as the placeholder for the other one. All we have on the FSL is the aiming point and some screenshots. Resource hog, fps problems, price point? All of that will be known when it's there and if the Aerosoft bus is nice, stable and detailed enough, the assumed placeholder character may fade away. If the owners of the first version receive a discount, it will also be a sure shot for quite some.

Anyway, if folks buy them all, it helps the small business. B)

Does anyone happen to know if this addon will perform better or worse than the current Airbus X? I know it is a more advanced addon but I'm kind of hoping they have found some wizardry in optimization that might make it run better (or the same as) the current version.

Does anyone happen to know if this addon will perform better or worse than the current Airbus X? I know it is a more advanced addon but I'm kind of hoping they have found some wizardry in optimization that might make it run better (or the same as) the current version.

The FPS hasn't dropped at all. It performs well on my computer at most major airports (FSDT KJFK) for example. But then again, everyone's rig is different.

Thanks Chris that's great to hear. Can't wait for this one. If I could suggest one minor thing to the devs it would be that they make the tinted windows optional (like Carenado and Realair do) so people who don't like the effect can turn it off =).