Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Airbus X Extended Release Date!

If I had a pound for every time a developer attempted to do an Airbus...

You'd have at least a fiver.....

B)

Stupid question but here goes....

Will the throttle issue that some users were experiencing be fixed?

Bought the original Airbus X with the hopes of clocking a few hours on it but ended up abandoning it 1 week later due to some bugs and other issues. I understand the Airbus X Extended is a standalone.

Stupid question but here goes....

Will the throttle issue that some users were experiencing be fixed?

Bought the original Airbus X with the hopes of clocking a few hours on it but ended up abandoning it 1 week later due to some bugs and other issues. I understand the Airbus X Extended is a standalone.

While I cannot give any garanties, the FADEC (throttle stuff) is completely developed from scratch.

There are more testers on the Extended version as on V1, and none of those have reported any problems with their throttles.

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Airbus X V1 was never told to be a highend addon. We even told that numerous times before and after release. The goal was to make an addon available for those who didn´t want (or rather have time - family, work - You know !) to read a 400 page manual. So system wise it was planned from start to finish to be "Light",

compare that with the Aerosoft product page : http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,6213631750,11177

Just as an example a quote : "The Fly-By-Wire flight model is totally reliable and extremely close to the actual aircraft."

You know the FBW was just the FSX default stuff, which is far away from close to the actual aircraft.

However, regarding the Airbus X Extended, it would be great, if the end product can stand the announcements.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Gasp, a company that embellishes it advertisement of a given product to sell more products. The hell you say! That never happens! Oh wait, it happens with every company in the history of companies. When you see a commercial for your local fast food chain and they show you those delicious looking pictures of their high quality food, is that what you get when you pull them from their paper wrapping out of the drive through? No, you get a soggy, watered down version of something that hopefully resembles the advertising enough to be worth the trip. Companies always have and always will upsell their products. You as the consumer can get a head start on that by knowing and accepting it ahead of time instead of acting shocked after the fact.

Is it how things should be? Probably not no, but it is how it is. Nothing shocking there, and no surprises when revealing the man behind the curtain.

Having said that, comparing the unreleased AirbusX Extended version to a poorly ported over Wilco product that was poor in its native simulator is kind of laughable in my opinion. Yes the flight computer is more completely simulated. That's about where the positives start and end. The VC is ridiculously fake (speaking of simulating reality) with its high gloss reflective cloth surfaces and its opaque, black external windows, to the rest of it's lifeless features. The model is poor, the sounds are poor, the managed descents are poor (assuming you count this feature as one of the upgrades to the Wilco version) and the list could go on.

However, as is the beauty of our hobby, we all have choices that we as consumers get to make. If the Wilco bird floats your boat, than that's great! That doesn't take away anything from those here that are also looking forward to what in their opinion will be a great release in the Aerosoft bird. To each their own.

- Aaron

No one compared the Wilco to an unreleased product.

Is it how things should be? Probably not no, but it is how it is.

Hmmm, I think there are companies in the FS Addon market, where you get what's advertized. But generally you are right. Then why are you wondering I mistrust the Airbus Extended announcements ?

I said the Wilco Airbus is still the best out there regarding Autoflight. What else ? The Airbus X with its phantasy Autoflight ? The Airsimmer Airbus, given up half way through ? Or the Black Box alpha version they currently sell ?

Just read through the Aerosoft forum and one of their Beta testers mentioned Autoflight is still an area being worked our. Well, let's hope they get it right this time. I'd be happy to correct my expectation then.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

compare that with the Aerosoft product page : http://www.aerosoft....213631750,11177

Just as an example a quote : "The Fly-By-Wire flight model is totally reliable and extremely close to the actual aircraft."

You know the FBW was just the FSX default stuff, which is far away from close to the actual aircraft.

However, regarding the Airbus X Extended, it would be great, if the end product can stand the announcements.

The web page also says "Directly aimed at the user who likes to fly and not to spend too much time on configuration and pre-flight checks but who does not want to compromise on the modelling and features, this aircraft will appeal to a large group of flight simmers." Right in the beginning of second paragraph.

I didn't get the first Airbus due to it being just default A321 with updated models and vc, (roughly put, ofc there were improvements but you know that i mean) I already had wilco airbus which i regret since it just doesn't work when you try to simulate real life operations. But if airbus x extended will simulate "what the captain does in an airplane" as well as ngx in regards to programming FMS, flight model, i surely will buy it.

With 2 other airbuses in the running it will be good to see the user reviews of the Aerosoft version as well as the other 2, ( I see the Blackbox Airbus as a buy in beta as its not finished yet ).

I do support the buy in beta that Captain Sim and BlackBox have done and i wish the buy in beta program was available for more aircraft as it better allows the product to be refined before its official release. This i feel is something that more complex aircraft need.

-Paul-

Don't worry. With this new Bus', I haven't encountered the same fatal errors I did with the Airbus X. I can actually exit the sim without getting that "Fatal Error" message.

Hand-Flying the new bus' is beautiful! You wouldn't want to go for an ILS landing (unless clouds make it impossible to see).

Why do so many people think that ILS is the same as autoland? The ILS is just a system to tell the airplane what the correct path is to fly towards the runway. Whether you hand-fly the plane along that path or use the autopilot to do that is completely up to you.

Why do so many people think that ILS is the same as autoland? The ILS is just a system to tell the airplane what the correct path is to fly towards the runway. Whether you hand-fly the plane along that path or use the autopilot to do that is completely up to you.

And to add to that, not all ILS systems are auto-land capable. They have to be certified for auto-land just as an aircraft has to be.

And to add to that, not all ILS systems are auto-land capable. They have to be certified for auto-land just as an aircraft has to be.

Problem with FSX is that it doesn´t tell wether a particular ILS is autoland capable or not.

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. Yes, I know they're two different thing (ILS and AutoLand). The point I was trying to make is that hand flying the new Airbus X Extended is amazing...

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Sorry,I can't get excited,as I remember this,

http://www.airlinerx...m/a320home.html

And this,

http://www.airsimmer.com/

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. Yes, I know they're two different thing (ILS and AutoLand). The point I was trying to make is that hand flying the new Airbus X Extended is amazing...

I realise you mainly meant to say that hand flying the new 'Bus X is amazing. The point I'm trying to make is that that doesn't have anything to do with using ILS or not, since it's perfectly possible to hand fly an ILS approach. Thus the sentence "hand flying is so amazing, you won't want to use the ILS" makes no sense.

Sorry,I can't get excited,as I remember this,

http://www.airlinerx...m/a320home.html

And this,

http://www.airsimmer.com/

The extended edition of the Airbus X is a new version based on an existing product, it is being sold as a finished product, not a beta, and Aerosoft are being open about the level of realism included (i.e. mid-level complexity). I don't think the situations are quite comparable.

Damn. I just bought Airbus X last month. What will be the upgrade price? I have to say, the preview of it on youtube doesn't excite me much though. Looks pretty much like Airbus X....hope not!