Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

What are we giving up by moving from Flight to FSX?

Jeroen... (sorry can't do quotes on my phone) it never ceases to amaze me what 'stuff' you can get for FSX and yes we are talking about the same thing.. I can't comment on EZCA as I've not tried it. Also I've I've stated in one of my posts Flight has this effect in its default state without the benifit if enhancements.

This thread is about what we would miss and not about comparing grapes with melons.

That said, you have brought to light for me anyway, many items for FSX I was not aware of, I can feel the wallet emptying :)

Also, having spent the last 20 odd years fighting FSX and experiencing more emotions of frustration than joy (if you add up all the crashes and tweaking and changes of hardware etc etc.) that is something I've never had with flight. It's always been a joy. So that's something I would miss.

Also, having spent the last 20 odd years fighting FSX and experiencing more emotions of frustration than joy (if you add up all the crashes and tweaking and changes of hardware etc etc.) that is something I've never had with flight. It's always been a joy. So that's something I would miss.

Flight though was never on the scale of FSX or even FS9. It was a very light programme in comparison.

It was a very light programme in comparison.

Sometimes "light" is better! Don't get me started.

Any time spent tweaking, installing, researching, button pressing, knob turning or switch flicking is time not spent flying. When flying = fun, you'll be giving up having a fun time -_-

And, let's be honest. There's no way we'll give this up:

2qsv6oj.jpg

(pics just don't do it justice, but clicking it goes a long way)

Nice shot, and you are correct sir!

Very nice video. I must tell youI don't know what the problem is. I worked great the 1st time and the 2nd time and now the 3rd time. Love your setup, very nice. I was back in Hawaii yesterday doing my favorite thing. Buzzing around with the RV6 on the deck with my new TrackiR, just checking out the gergeous scenery. I have been flying the Carbon Cub in Alaska most of the time and have forgotten just how fast and slippery the RV is, I had to learn how to land it all over again. It was always my favorite aircraft in Hawaii. The Cub is also a hoot in Hawaii and not to be missed. I like to do off airport landing with both of them, get down and take off again. They are so different, along with all the other aircraft of FLIGHT. That is why I love it so. Just hope against hope that there is a little more to come yet. I will take what ever I can get.

Steve

Very nice video. I must tell youI...

... The Cub is also a hoot in Hawaii and not to be missed. I like to do off airport landing with both of them, get down and take off again. They are so different, along with all the other aircraft of FLIGHT. That is why I love it so. Just hope against hope that there is a little more to come yet. I will take what ever I can get.

Steve

Thanks Steve :)

I still have to take the Cub for a spin in Hawaii, not enough hours in the day. Not sure what it is about Flight, because as I think I may have mentioned, the Cub is just not the type of aircraft I'd buy in any other sim, but I just love it.

I'm with you on any additional DLC that may become available, I have Unused MS points that I got specially for Flight, so have got everything crossed.

What I find brand new for me in Flight Vs FSX, is that I now have people like friends (even females !), family or absolute no-gaming-type persons that would be in the "back seat" just enjoying that subtle "I'm there" feeling along with me. Sometimes they even would enjoy do co-pilots !

I know it's very personal, but being able to share good moments like I can have in Flight with others is very important for me, even if I still flew most of the 350+ hours of Flight alone in my flat...

This does definitely not happen with FSX, even my most geek friends don't want to loose their time looking at me moving my joystick & head (TrackIR) in front of pixels :D

But then I switch to Flight and people are just looking, enjoying the feeling & scenery...

Leaving flight we will miss out on speed-tree technology! I have seen a lot of trees in a lot of flight Sims, and have even downloaded and installed "tree packs" both free and for sale.

But speed-tree does this for a living. Its their bread and butter, and I have never seen trees in a sim done so well that even when I am looking at them from almost point blank range, my mind is still saying "tree" and moving on, rather than pulling me up short with the usual "Cardboard cutout tree" notice.

Plus being on the ground getting ready to take off; heavy weather buffeting your plane and the trees swaying violently is.... memorable.

The illusion fails from time to time, but I was in another Sim recently where the illusion never succeeded.

2012752055196.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

How about radio comms???? For years i was allways wondering why the heck can i just tune a freq and talk to someone else witout having to install extra software. From the minute i got into beta i was in love with the way radio comms work ...

Image removed as image is no longer available.