Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FTD1949

FSX is history.

I've taken the plunge and P3D is now the only Flight Sim on my machine.

As of yesterday I have it running with all that I need so far.

VoxATC v6 is up and running.

Same for the LD 767

I'm using FSrealWX Lite for weather.

I have my VR Insight M Panel and a homebuilt switch box working.

Cheers.

I've taken the plunge ....

Same for the LD 767

Cheers.

How did you install the 767??

How did you install the 767??

Yeah, I would love to know the same thing. Mine is also, like many others, crashing.

I used the reinstall option from Flight 1.

What I found (sorry I didn't mention it in previous post) is that I am using FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool. I installed the LD 767 with the Migration tool in the Enable Virtual FSX mode.

After the install I change the FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool to "Disable Virtual FSX" and when I run P3D I have no CTD's. If i don't disable virtual FSX I will get a CTD almost every time upon

loading the LD 767.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Quite! If I disable the migrator, LDS 767 is all dandy - except that GND CALL. DO NOT PRESS or better yet, tape it over :lol:

Just looking to confirm if this solution is working for everyone out there?  Getting mighty tired of FSX and love the Prepar3D 2.0 screenshots...

Speaking of which, I am curious if this will still work in Prepar3D ver. 2.0 - be sure to post if this works for you when you get 2.0.

Thanks!

Quite! If I disable the migrator, LDS 767 is all dandy - except that GND CALL. DO NOT PRESS or better yet, tape it over :lol:

unfortunately P3D don't have a start up screen where you have to choose the LDS in order to avoid the GND call crash. I'm hoping the 2.0 version will have the startup selection screen and transparent ATC menu.

I'm hoping the 2.0 version will have the startup selection screen

P3d2 supposedly has the equivalent of the FSX start up screen.

fsx, history,  sorry to interrupt, but where have you been????  I suggest many and many people on this forum using fsx.

So, to say that fsx is history, how do you qualify that????  This is a franchise that has been around since the mid 90's, and yes does have a beautiful history about it.

I have had fsx, since 1998, sure its a a lot of headaches, but many of us on this forum will still be using fsx in the future.

Please explain...... FSX is history...

I have had fsx, since 1998

Do you have Prepar3d 4.0 too?  What is it like?  Screenshots?  ;)

Do you have Prepar3d 4.0 too?  What is it like?  Screenshots?  ;)

LOL

fsx, history,  sorry to interrupt, but where have you been????  I suggest many and many people on this forum using fsx.

So, to say that fsx is history, how do you qualify that????  This is a franchise that has been around since the mid 90's, and yes does have a beautiful history about it.

I have had fsx, since 1998, sure its a a lot of headaches, but many of us on this forum will still be using fsx in the future.

Please explain...... FSX is history...

FSX is history for the OP. He didn't say it is history for everyone. Besides, this topic is from 2012 so even this topic is history already... No need to get too excited over such an old topic. :P Finally (some more history for you) FSX was released in 2006, not 1998. B) (Just kidding, I know you mean the MS FS franchise. ^_^ )

I think it is fair to say that FSX became history when Microsoft dropped the franchise and their commitment to continued development of it a few years ago.

And what a wonderful history it has been. It has given me 30 years of enjoyment of continued learning and discovery, even with poor graphics and minimal usability that many users today would not be able to comprehend, nor accept.

But don't worry, unless an operating change renders the old FSX unusable, I am sure that many users will continue to use it.

I will keep it on my drive for a while yet, but will be a very early adopter of the new and much enhanced platform that is P3d.

thanks for clarifying!!!!! appreciate it.!!!

We all knew what you meant :)

I didnt realise the LDS 767 was still in use by people. It looks so dated now

Indeed it both looks dated and is in use.  Why you may ask?  The Level-D 767 shipped with a great SDK that allows for nice integration to a home cockpit - in fact, as far as I know, still the best interface out there.  (I have not yet tried PMDG 777 - so not sure if they finally produced one for their aircraft).

This is a franchise that has been around since the mid 90's, and yes does have a beautiful history about it.

The mid 90's?!?!  Hey someone scammed me when I bought FS 1.0 in Oct 1981. Here I thought I was using a legitimate versions of the franchise for all those years before the 90's.  Probably too late to get my money back... I bet that guy in the store that sold it to me is long gone by now.  :P

Can anyone tell me what addons DON'T work in P3D please?

Can anyone tell me what addons DON'T work in P3D please?

Now surely, with over 4,000 posts on Avsim and your "supporters" banner there for all to see, I hope you're not trolling ?  :lol:  :lol:

If by any chance you are not trolling, read any thread in this forum and the answer will jump out and hit you squarely in the face. Also be aware that "most" previous addons can be "made" to work in P3d 1.4 and most likely a substantial number will be made to work in version 2. 

And in all fairness to your question ..... do you have any addons in particular that you are concerned about?

Yes.  REX, PMDG FSTramp. Opus, FSinn. 

I may have 4000 posts but that doesn't guarantee that I know everything about P3D. It's not been out that long.

This, believe it or not is the idea of forums so you knowledgeable people can help those who don't know, so no, I'm not a troll.

Yes.  REX, PMDG FSTramp. Opus, FSinn. 

I may have 4000 posts but that doesn't guarantee that I know everything about P3D. It's not been out that long.

This, believe it or not is the idea of forums so you knowledgeable people can help those who don't know, so no, I'm not a troll.

My understanding is that REX are hugely onboard and the same with Opus.

FSInn I believe is for VATSIM or IVAO, so I think it is safe to say that there will be a new or modified version available soon.

I know nothing at all about FSTramp apart from it appears to be a product that is NOT supported well by the author. Perhaps you may like to ask him (and then let us all know).

PMDG. No comment as this has been beaten to death in just about every post  :t0148:  

And yes, forums are about help and acknowledging that. You therefore owe me 3 pints of real ale next time I manage to visit home  :drinks:

PMDG. No comment as this has been beaten to death in just about every post  :t0148:  

You might want to correct yourself now...

Until or if ever p3d is released for general public comsumption, FSX is *NOT* history.

You might want to correct yourself now...

Oh dear, you obviously either can't read or choose not to my friend.

FACT (at the time of posting) - "PMDG. No comment as this has been beaten to death in just about every post". That is a fact. My post was made before the PMDG post about their u-turn regarding P3d, so at that time it was (and continues to be) factual. Simple, plain fact. Now would you like another one?

Great news from PMDG ! Yes really. They might just get some more of my hard earned $$$ again. And seeing we are on about facts, I will throw another one in for good measure. Two weeks ago I predicted a multi level licencing scheme from PMDG (along with additional charges). I think my post may have been deleted because I did not (and refuse to) disclose my full name on a public forum, even though I said they are a very smart astute company.

Smart company PMDG. They know where part of their future lies.

Cheers

Anyone out there try out P3D 2.0 with Level-D 767 yet?

If so, does Ground Call now work?

Thanks