Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed P3D and EULA's for Add-On's

seems there is ways around this, Flight1 have already found one, it states " HOME " environment.  IFLY 737 NG for Prepar3d http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AircraftSimulations/737NGforPrepar3D.aspx

Download Prepar3D version ! 

The link below uses the Flight1.com E-Commerce Wrapper. 

IMPORTANT - This product is for home / academic use and is not licensed to be used for training, or any professional or commercial use. You can use this product as a basic familiarization aid that introduces you to the aircraft systems in an home / academic environment.  If you wish to use this product in a commercial, flight school or academic training / classroom environment, please contact Flight1 Aviation Technologies for options and pricing. 

seems there is ways around this, Flight1 have already found one, it states " HOME " environment.  IFLY 737 NG for Prepar3d http://www.flight1te...orPrepar3D.aspx

Progress!! Thank you Flight1 for moving with the community... The ball is rolling.

Aerosoft have also joined so its looking good  :rolleyes:  and flightsimlabs too for the new airbus. 

And Majestic Software with their upcoming Dash8. I also believe the recently released Tristar has a P3D installer?

So its looking good, its such a lovely smooth sim, far better then FSX in every way for me, really happy with it.  I can now enjoy simming again :)

hi all

after more then 1 year without using any flight simulation i would like to understand 2 things about the licence:

- can i purchase the Professional license and use it at home?

- if i install for example a pmdg plane inside prepar3d, will the software still allow me to use/play it (even in case of EULA infringement) or  the software stop working because im using an addon not allowed to use inside prepar3d?

sorry guys but im super confused :( and apologize for my bad english too

rogeravation, on 10 Jul 2013 - 2:07 PM, said:

hi all

after more then 1 year without using any flight simulation i would like to understand 2 things about the licence:

- can i purchase the Professional license and use it at home?

- if i install for example a pmdg plane inside prepar3d, will the software still allow me to use/play it (even in case of EULA infringement) or the software stop working because im using an addon not allowed to use inside prepar3d?

sorry guys but im super confused :( and apologize for my bad english too

At the end of the day, probably only LM and PMDG , can give you an Official answer, but my PERSONAL interpretation would be.

(1) Yes, you can purchase the Professional License and use it at home (or anywhere else).

The licenses do not specify WHERE you can use the product, but rather how the product is used.

(ie Commercial, to make profit, or for Education, or for development etc etc )

See P3D website for LM explanation of their Licensing types.

My interpretation is that you only need the Professional(Commercial) version, if you are going to use it in a commercial environment, to make money, and hopefully profit for its use, etc etc

If you are going to use it for personal use, in your home, given that almost every time you use it, you will be LEARNING something new about aviation or computer simulators, I would consider that use falls under the Educational License.

(2) As far at addons AIRCRAFT, functioning correctly within P3D, that is dependent on the way the developer has designed and programmed their product.

In theory, it would be technically possible to add code to the aircraft, to allow or prevent it from operating in either the FSX or P3D environment, and even control its ability to function, depending on the P3D license type you have. (not so easy to do with scenery itself, only with it's installer)

Once again, this is how I personally interpret the above for my own use, and is posted only to respond to you, and inform you of how I personally interpret the "rules". You need to form your own interpretation to act upon.

At the end of the day, probably only LM and PMDG , can give you an Official answer, but my PERSONAL interpretation would be.

(1) Yes, you can purchase the Professional License and use it at home (or anywhere else).

The licenses do not specify WHERE you can use the product, but rather how the product is used.

(ie Commercial, to make profit, or for Education, or for development etc etc )

See P3D website for LM explanation of their Licensing types.

My interpretation is that you only need the Professional(Commercial) version, if you are going to use it in a commercial environment, to make money, and hopefully profit for its use, etc etc

If you are going to use it for personal use, in your home, given that almost every time you use it, you will be LEARNING something new about aviation or computer simulators, I would consider that use falls under the Educational License.

(2) As far at addons AIRCRAFT, functioning correctly within P3D, that is dependent on the way the developer has designed and programmed their product.

In theory, it would be technically possible to add code to the aircraft, to allow or prevent it from operating in either the FSX or P3D environment, and even control its ability to function, depending on the P3D license type you have. (not so easy to do with scenery itself, only with it's installer)

Once again, this is how I personally interpret the above for my own use, and is posted only to respond to you, and inform you of how I personally interpret the "rules". You need to form your own interpretation to act upon.

thx Geoff

now everything is clear. 

ill wait till the version 2 comes out and then ill purchase the professional license.

@FSMP

Having worked in the IT field for a very long time and dealt with many, many EULA and licensing "philosophies", my read of the LM P3D EULA is similar to yours. As a non-student, non-developer, my only legal usage of P3D is under the "Pro" license.

FULL DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. (Just someone who has had to deal with Microsoft and other software vendors licensing for 20+ years)

I am also waiting for v2 to see if worth the investment.

Henry Street, on 12 Jul 2013 - 2:45 PM, said:

@FSMP

Having worked in the IT field for a very long time and dealt with many, many EULA and licensing "philosophies", my read of the LM P3D EULA is similar to yours. As a non-student, non-developer, my only legal usage of P3D is under the "Pro" license.

FULL DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. (Just someone who has had to deal with Microsoft and other software vendors licensing for 20+ years)

I am also waiting for v2 to see if worth the investment.

Yet another way to look at it, is that almost EVERYONE who uses FSX.P3D is a DEVELOPER, in that it is very few users who have not changed a plane, done a re-paint, modified some scenery, changed their config file to DEVELOP the product.

One is just as much a developer, if one develops the product for themselves, as if they develop it for other for monetary profit.

I also cannot recall any time that I have used any Flight Sim, and not learned  something from the process, so I was educated by the product..

Not to labor the point, but really are not most FS users, really "DEVELOPERS".?      :help:

And are not so many experiences with FS so frustrating, that they can hardly be called "ENTERTAINMENT". ?    :fool:

Yet another way to look at it, is that almost EVERYONE who uses FSX.P3D is a DEVELOPER, in that it is very few users who have not changed a plane, done a re-paint, modified some scenery, changed their config file to DEVELOP the product.

One is just as much a developer, if one develops the product for themselves, as if they develop it for other for monetary profit.

I also cannot recall any time that I have used any Flight Sim, and not learned  something from the process, so I was educated by the product..

Not to labor the point, but really are not most FS users, really "DEVELOPERS".?      :help:

And are not so many experiences with FS so frustrating, that they can hardly be called "ENTERTAINMENT". ?    :fool:

LOL, I've cut and nailed two 2 x 4 together yesterday, I'm a building contractor now,

freezbe.gif

LOL, I've cut and nailed two 2 x 4 together yesterday, I'm a building contractor now,

freezbe.gif

There's no offical "I'm a developer" diploma you get if you make an aiport or redo some texture sets.

Go create or edit an AFCAD and upload it. You've just successfully helped develop scenery for P3D. Welcome to the club. There are no baselines that you must develop "X quality scenery" or "X number of sceneries" to qualify as a developer.

There's no difference in  wording of Section 1 of the EULA - Licence Grant -  between the Professional and Developer  Licences. It's different for the Academic Licence.

EDIT

I can't see any differences in wording between the Professional and Developer EULA's