Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Support for FSX Has Come to an End

I am thinking about hiring a guy to stay within slapping distance of you... :Devil:

Why hire? There are plenty who would do it for free :lol:

www.antsairplanes.com

Mouagnagnahaha....

Which is Bauian Fijian for; "You are right, so right, oh magnificent one"... :yahoo:

Which is Bauian Fijian for; "You are right, so right, oh magnificent one"... :yahoo:

:good: :drinks:

I know y'all love me....including you Stephen.. :Money Eyes:

Why buy a spare set of discs? I can get cheap FS3-FS9 discs on Ebay anytime 24 7?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

My local games shops have plenty of nice shiny new copies of FSX in all its guises so activation must be exempt from this announcement. I thought support had ended years ago anyway.

Kind Regards

Simon.

This is what is called serious thread drift, of which I am a guilty part.

I can't help it if Tom talking about slapping Allain got me and a few others all excited like! B)

OK, back to the topic, oh yes, that FSX and MS no longer supporting it business. I remember now.

That sucks! :diablo:

It will be interesting to see if Microsoft releases Lockheed Martin from the restrictions of the original P3D agreement and allows them to sell an entertainment license. It's not clear that they will - Microsoft is cutting support (a cost item) but may continue to sell FSX in order to generate revenue - in which case, their exclusive claim to the entertainment license is likely to stand.

LOL, I wouldn't be surprised if the IP agreement between LM and MS includes the future option for MS to distribute an entertainment version of P3D once LM has redeveloped and recoded ESP/P3D.

But I don't ever see LM distributing an entertainment software suite. They don't have the infrastructure, nor the business model to cater to the consumer market.

Might make sense.

Either way, it works for me.

I don't have the latest Gold edition. I have the old FSX box and the Acceleration box with its own registration process.

So, do I back up all the disks from those DVDs just by copying em and installing from that location?

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is Tom stopping support for FS? or did I misread somewhere?

:P

Just vicious rumors started by those other guys... (you know, the "everything is an AVSIM conspiracy" types)... :ph34r: