Sign in to follow this  
PerWel

Need New weather?

downloaded and installed but very strange, the 737 wont move even at full throttle and a prop plane was launched 5 meters above the take off threshold, also unable to move .

uninstalled now

Kee?? did you try the demo ?? What is your system ??

/Per

Per W Sweden

yes demo on my system, whats a kee? or you do mean key

ZORAN

downloaded and installed but very strange, the 737 wont move even at full throttle and a prop plane was launched 5 meters above the take off threshold, also unable to move .

uninstalled now

You must read the Getting Started guide for Single PC systems.

I think you are running both the FSXSERVER and FSXCLIENT programs on your flying system.

You ONLY need to run the FSXSERVER program. The FSXCLIENT program is ONLY for networked client systems and places FSX in a frozen state ! Please read the guide ... it does warn you on the downloads page as well :rolleyes:

Regards

Stephen

Been following the OPUS threads for a while, especially the main one that was in the FSX forum prior to being locked and it looks like a promising program, but will probably wait and follow for a while longer to see how it progresses before giving it a shot since I like the way I can enter a flight plan into AS2012, get all the wind data, and then have it depict as I fly enroute.

Sean makes a good point. At least for the folks who fly the tubeliners, it's important to have wind data available for us in a format that makes it easy for us to enter into our FMC's so that we can make a decent estimation of fuel required because of wind aloft conditions in the route during preflight, and also to update the FMC during flight to account for live wind changes. Along with wind smoothing at cruise altitude, that is a very important feature for the jet jockeys among us.

I am a loyal Active Sky customer, but I sometimes feel let down by not seeing weather at the origin or destination airport depicted visually to match the real world counterpart. I am of the understanding that this is a necessary tradeoff for achieving winds aloft accuracy, via interpolation. And because of that interpolation and Active Sky's DWC "global weather" option, visual accuracy of overcast clouds suffers, and visual cues like moving fronts are impossible (at least with the DWC option). I fear that the accurate visual depiction of weather, as is possible with OPUS, is really only an option for short haul GA VFR flyers, not for the type who enjoys airliner type flights.

Good day all.

I have installed trial version on OpusFSX to try and now my NGX has texture missing (skeleton). It also screwed up my EZCA settings. Does anybody know what’s causing this? Thanks.

uninstalled now

Agree.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

OpusFSX has no effect on any textures, it does not overwrite them, does not install them, it does not select the textures, in fact has absolutely no effect on the rendering of weather, scenery, or the aircraft.

Please download and read the Getting Started guide before you attempt to load the demo. You cannot run EZCA and Live Camera together. OpusFSX has absolutely no effect on the EZCA parameters. You cannot have two programs controlling your cameras at once. The Live Weather Engine is completely disabled in the demo.

You must never run the FSXSERVER.EXE and FSXCLIENT.EXE programs on the same computer. You only need to run the FSXSERVER program on your single PC system. The FSXCLIENT is only run on networked client systems. This program will freeze the simulator thereby allowing it to be used as a networked display. As indicated

on our website the demo is intended purely to allow cockpit builders to set up their Live View network.

Once again, download the Getting Started Guide, read it before downlaoding and installing the demo.

Stephen

yes demo on my system, whats a kee? or you do mean key

"Kee" is a stupid expression in a funny UK serie on tv with John Cleese doing a owner of a small hotel, Falwty Towers. Completetly mad, insane etc.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Fawlty_Towers

Read about Manuel, a spanish waiter with a very bad English that always answer "Kee" to everything. Or "¿Qué?" ("What?") fromm wikipage.

/Per W

Per W Sweden

One more little thing that have been better is RC4 and assigning runways. With AS RC atis said RW xx used for landing and departing. Then later when I contacted approach or ground they gave me a completely different runway.

It have not been like that for my last 4 flights in row with OpusFSX. When RC Atis says runway 19L used, then ground gives me that runway and I can hear it sending other planes

there too. I have UT2. This was many times wrong with AS, Atis said rw 19L then ground told me to go to rw 26 instead. Same with landings. Atis one rw and approach another rw.

Must be that OpusFSX do not touch the metar so wind is the same until a Metar says anything else. I think that AS tampered with the wind so RC got confused.

I can not find any other explanation. Or.....does someone have one??

I do a lot of long flights, PMDG 737NGX and OpusFSX just makes the planning a lot better/easier, I most important I can rely on the reports and keep my plan for dep or approach.

With AS many times I had to change it in the last minute.

/Per W

Per W Sweden

Thanks for the tips, been exploring the WX-Generator for a couple of days and it really smashes AS2012 down, hard!

I have never been able to fly for 1-2 hours and actually experience OVC weather @ my destination, well - now I have :)

OPUS1_zps9385e8d5.png

Metar at ENCN (Kristiansand, Norway) also told med OVC018, and there we go - it's so nice to be able to fly into the layers at altitude and come out of them on final approach!

Thanks for your work, I'll be sure to update it during the fall and winter if you have some new features added!

Hi Brad,

The winds aloft are currently simulated. We are planning a winds aloft upgrade in two phases. There are numerous posts describing the infamous winds aloft FSX bug. Once the winds aloft bug fix or work around for FSX has been proven using simulated winds we will proceed with the next phase and provide an option to download true winds aloft. We are still giving you the excellent live detailed and varied weather, visible all around you. If you fly at high altitudes and experience wind shift problems then you have the option to use global forced wind stabilisation when you climb above a specified altitude.

Regards

Cheryl

Yes, global forced wind stabilisation is a current option to get around the FSX winds aloft bug. You can choose the transition level at which it becomes operative.

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but what is the FSX winds aloft bug?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.