Sign in to follow this  
PerWel

Need New weather?

Hi,

what about the FSX winds aloft bug? Have you worked around it?

How does weather behave when in the flight levels, typical airliner cruise FL270 to FL410?

Dave P. Woycek

Hi,

what about the FSX winds aloft bug? Have you worked around it?

How does weather behave when in the flight levels, typical airliner cruise FL270 to FL410?

We have now eradicated the problem with our wind smoothing software (re: release version 2.22) so you can fly at any altitude you like. You can even enable FSUIPC4 wind smoothing for belt and braces if you want, we used this in the last two betas. But up to now, the wind smoothing in our current release software has had absolutely no wind shift problems without any additional smoothing enabled. :-)

Regards

Stephen

We have now eradicated the problem with our wind smoothing software (re: release version 2.22) so you can fly at any altitude you like. You can even enable FSUIPC4 wind smoothing for belt and braces if you want, we used this in the last two betas. But up to now, the wind smoothing in our current release software has had absolutely no wind shift problems without any additional smoothing enabled. :-)

Regards

Stephen

Wow! cool! That's what was holding me back, actually. I'm gonna try then!

Dave P. Woycek

We will soon have an option to run the LWE on a networked client system via our own IPC link. This client does not need FSX. This upgrade has nothing really to do with performance, our server program has virtually no effect on FSX as it is (I assume you have a multicore main system), the main reason for this upgrade is to pave the way for future upgrades and planned new features.

I look forward to the networked version as I try to run all ancillary programs on the second machine. I know you say the weather engine is light but it is still another process that can be moved to a machine that has much less to do not having to power thru FSX.

Guest BeaverDriver

Regards

Stephen

Does this mean you do not have to have FSUIPC at all then for a single PC installation? Thanks!

Hi Glenn

FSUIPC4 (unregistered version) is still needed for the following functions; reading the sim clock, master battery, parking brake, and pausing the sim.

Regards

Cheryl

Guest BeaverDriver

Those are functions of OpusFSX? I use the 737 without FSUIPC just fine so if I don't have to have it installed, I prefer to go without.

Thanks Cheryl :smile:

Cheryl

Is there any kind of report that shows winds aloft by waypoints of the flight plan like AS2012 does and if there is can the info be printed? I have ASE on a different computer from the one I use for flying. Could I use the winds aloft from ASE. I use it on almost every flight now so I don't have to screw around with AS2012 and FSX on the main flight computer.

Thank you

Michael

No not at present, this will be a future upgrade. We will soon have a true winds aloft option and the Live Weather Assistant will give you the flight planning data you need. We are also looking at providing all necessary data for other VFR amd IFR planners, there are many but we will make all METAR and TAF data available to them.

Regards

Cheryl

Just to get this straight...

1) Fire up AS2012 / REX and inject textures (even though they might be running on a different PC)..

2) Start FSX

3) Start OpusFSX

Is this the correct order or should one switch nos 2 and 3 around?

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Hi Tony

You have the correct order but it doesn't really matter.

You might also like to try FEX or the excellent freeware HDEv2 clouds.

Regards

Stephen

Cheers Stephen.

I am already using AS2012 so I'm halfway there :good:

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.