Sign in to follow this  
TheGrunt

List of the most annoying people in your FSX world

All those AI pilots who can't wait their turn. You get taxi instructions (for example) from FSX ATC and before you can reply some AI numpty jumps into the conversation. Why won't these rude virtual people wait their turn?

www.antsairplanes.com

5. Fanbois

Pretty much summarizes it for me... :lol:

Is that french for Fan Blades ? :lol:

LOL!!!!!!!!! :LMAO:

5. Fanbois

Is that french for Fan Blades ?

Yep, they're only good for blowing smoke! :rolleyes:

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

1. Dash-8 drivers thinking they can overtake my A330 on final, when I've already been cleared to land!

2. AT Controllers, handing me back and forth all the time.

3. Ground controllers giving taxi instructions that make very little sense (if any, at all), or giving airport vehicles the right of way.

4. The drivers of those vehicles.

I stopped flying IFR in FSX because of the FSX ATC doing the non-stop one or two degree heading alters when you are being vectored to the IAF.

ATC in FSX is also filled with errors. You don't say "with you," when checking in as its obvious you are "with them" since you are contacting them on their frequency! Instead, you just give them your altitude so they can determine if you have the most recent altimeter setting based on any difference between the altitude they show you at versus the one your own altimeter shows you are flying at.

Ken

Developers that say they have a service pack but won't issue it as they're developing other stuff to go with it.

Anybody know who I'm talking about? :mad:

Richard.

FSX Air Traffic Controllers................all of them!!!!!!! How dare they terminate "Radar Services" just 'cos I went for a cold beer.

:lol:

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

The Wife : comes up with things she needs to go out and buy the minute i had my" before takeoff check list for a 6 hour flight done .

FSX AI Ground Vehicle Drivers : were hired by the size or their BALLS " So is it ok for you to drive around,under or behind any aircraft when they are moving around the airport????" SURE YES . ok you have the job dont wory about safety videos ....

FSX CTDs .

The Wife : is like a CTD . but honey you know i love you ...

My Xfinity Remote control : needs another option to mute or freeze my wife and kids just before im about to take off (in a perfect world my remote batterys would die after this )and it takes some time for me to buy new batterys .

Thanks for reading ...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1. Those air traffic controllers, who think that my Stratocruiser is P-51: "Please expedite your turn..."

2. Those air traffic controllers, who like to keep me bysy for no reason: They just don't make sure I fly to the heading my flight plan says, but in IFR decide to zig zag me. Thank you very much, but I know how to operate my plane in cruise.

3. Those Air traffic controllers who decide to give take off clearance to another aircraft while I've just been cleared for landing and coming in final. It sure adds excitement to a sim when some A320 passes past you by a dozen feet on a head on course.

4. Those drunken airport vehicle drivers who are so blinded that they don't see my Stratocruiser being pulled back and therefore crash to it. You would think that there is some sort of regulation who they take to work on airports, but in FSX world apparently there isn't any. Drunk drivers are also the main reason why crash detection is banned in FSX world.

4. Those road builders who decide to make roads over runway.

5. Those car drivers who decide to use that road, even though planes are taking off and landing constantly.

1343165031022.gif

LOL, preach!!!!

The Wife : comes up with things she needs to go out and buy the minute i had my" before takeoff check list for a 6 hour flight done .

FSX AI Ground Vehicle Drivers : were hired by the size or their BALLS " So is it ok for you to drive around,under or behind any aircraft when they are moving around the airport????" SURE YES . ok you have the job dont wory about safety videos ....

FSX CTDs .

The Wife : is like a CTD . but honey you know i love you ...

My Xfinity Remote control : needs another option to mute or freeze my wife and kids just before im about to take off (in a perfect world my remote batterys would die after this )and it takes some time for me to buy new batterys .

Thanks for reading ...

Also true, My Wife always mucking it up. I can't get a long haul flight in or use Vatsim, because there is always something to do. Glad to know I'm not alone! KATL- KJAX anything more is a disaster.

I stopped flying IFR in FSX because of the FSX ATC doing the non-stop one or two degree heading alters when you are being vectored to the IAF.

ATC in FSX is also filled with errors. You don't say "with you," when checking in as its obvious you are "with them" since you are contacting them on their frequency! Instead, you just give them your altitude so they can determine if you have the most recent altimeter setting based on any difference between the altitude they show you at versus the one your own altimeter shows you are flying at.

Ken

I agree with this, the built in ATC is very bad, its not even capable of maintaining separation between two aircraft. Keeping separation between aircraft is after all what ATC was created for in the first place. If the built in ATC is not even capable of that then its not much of a simulation, and unfortunately just a toy. But it havent stopped me from flying IFR in FSX. Instead of using the horrible ATC program I fly online instead, with real humans controlling. Online ATC is usually excellent in my experience, certainly a huge leap ahead of FSX's ATC when it comes to realism.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Ken

Ken-not sure when you started flying but "with you" was very much used and standard when I started flying in 1989. True it has been dropped by most-but I still recall it being said by a lot of people at least when fs9 came out and even fsx. Also dropped was "for" e.g. leaving 3000 for 4000-dropped because for could be interpreted as 4-that seems rather recent to me.

Now if I could get used to some of the very recent changes in atc-some which I really don't like.

Frowned upon when I started flying for the USAF back in 1987. Considered superflous. You could get by by simply checking in with call sign but the altitude call serves the purpose of alerting ATC to any need to synch altimeter settings. On the other hand, still use the phraseology about altitude changes. I normally refer to it as "passing XYZ for 123."

Cheers,

Ken

Interesting-trained for my ifr rating in 1991 with " with you" as standard.-dropped it in 2000 something. I personally don't find the default ATC that bad though I never use it. A computer generated ATC just can't and IMHO ever recreate a rw dynamic ATC.Civil air patrol 6-7 years ago recommend leaving " for " out of it- leaving 3000 for 123 could be interpreted as 4123 more appropriately for = 4.leave it out!. personally I say leaving 3000 climbing 4000 and leave for= 4 out of the equation...eg atc says climb 5000 and you say leaving 3000 for 5000 does that communicate 4500 or 5000?Not sure I'd fault years old FSX ATC for any of this, some official and some recommended.

Personally I just say "Oslo Departure, LN-ABC at 2700 climbing to 7000"

vatsim s3

1133704.png