Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

My FSX Build - Your Thoughts/Comments

Very nice set up you will have Martin.

For Christmas though make sure santa brings you an SSD

I use an OCZ agility 3 240GB and it made the biggest difference to my PC and gaming for a long time

FPS won't go up but with the spare time you will have not waiting for things to load you can start a new hobby, Like break dancing or spear fishing.

Regards

Craig

Ha ha, I actually thought about an SSD but I had to draw the line with something and that's where it came down! I already went about 20-25% over budget and just blew another £100 on desk and chair to make myself at home tweaking and installing add ons :lol:

Will get some pics of the new setup up once it's all sorted out. I feel like a kid at Christmas, not going to be sleeping much tonight!

And what's wrong with break dancing? But seriously... Craig, is the SSD used for FSX installation or cache?

Martin, check your PM

\Robert Hamlich/

And what's wrong with break dancing? But seriously... Craig, is the SSD used for FSX installation or cache?

Martin, check your PM

Nothing, I Wish I could dance like the jabbawockeez :-).

I have windows and FSX installed on my SSD. Loading times are a thing of the past.

Craig

If I did get an SSD further down the road I presume there's no easy way to transfer FSX to it? It would be a full reinstall onto the SSD?

Nothing, I Wish I could dance like the jabbawockeez :-).

I have windows and FSX installed on my SSD. Loading times are a thing of the past.

Craig

Interesting, I am building a dedicated rig high end for FSX only, would you recommend I go SSD only?

23.png

Ideally I'd like to get it up to 4.5. Do you think that's reasonable?

Yes. Without a de-lid, you should be able to hit 4.5. :)

Sounds like a nice system.... But you are making a MAJOR mistake. You MUST buy the NGX, its worlds apart from the iFly in terms of immersion factor, its unreal. I own bith and the iFly got mothballed the day the NGX was released.

Interesting, I am building a dedicated rig high end for FSX only, would you recommend I go SSD only?

I have a 240gb SSD for windows flight sim and other games. I also have another 500gb hard drive for films music and all that other good stuff.

If your building a high end rig it will feel bottleneck until you speed your hard drive up. SSD prices have dropped dramatically over the years and I think it's no brainer.

You will also notice textures load a lot quicker in Fsx and from PC boot to aircraft parked at the stand takes about 1 min if that.

Regards

Craig

Nice build, you have the same CPU as me and the motherboard is the one I wish to purchase as right now I am unable to OC and my memory is running at a slower speed than it should (completely messed up when buying a mobo). I am hoping to reach 4.4 on my IB without de lidding, my FSX experiecne right now is good but i really want another 20% out of performance

Nice setup, that like à orders it myself.

Thinked that its was useless to recomend the GA board, tought you were one from

ASUS country .

That one clocks really good , the best budget clocker

It easy make 2950mhz if you have mems and memcontroller for it

Hasse

Hi BA,<br /><br />I just finished building a very similar machine... I've always preferred Gigabyte and it seems to be running very well... I just used Gigabyte's "Easy Tune" software to over-clock... I realize it may not provide the optimum settings for any given setup - but - a single click had me running fine at 4.5 Ghz... I think you'll like your new setup... <br /><br />Just for comparison:<br /><br />============================================================<br />SANDY BRIDGE<br /><br />Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623i72700K<br /><br />GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard<br /><br />CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9<br /><br />EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD 2560MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card<br /><br />Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO CPU Cooler<br /><br />PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply<br /><br />(2) SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)<br /><br />Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5 Internal Hard Drive<br /><br />Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit<br /><br /> ============================================================<br /><br />Regards,<br />Scott

Sorry - Tapatalk is mangling my post...

Hi BA,

I just finished building a very similar machine... I've always preferred Gigabyte and it seems to be running very well... I just used Gigabyte's "Easy Tune" software to over-clock... I realize it may not provide the optimum settings for any given setup - but - a single click had me running fine at 4.5 Ghz... I think you'll like your new setup...

Just for comparison:

============================================================

SANDY BRIDGE

Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623i72700K

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD 2560MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO CPU Cooler

PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply

(2) SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5 Internal Hard Drive

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

============================================================

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have a 240gb SSD for windows flight sim and other games. I also have another 500gb hard drive for films music and all that other good stuff.

If your building a high end rig it will feel bottleneck until you speed your hard drive up. SSD prices have dropped dramatically over the years and I think it's no brainer.

You will also notice textures load a lot quicker in Fsx and from PC boot to aircraft parked at the stand takes about 1 min if that.

Regards

Craig

Craig, thanks, actually I am building a HE rig for FSX only, have allways wanted a machine for pure FSX, no compromises ;)

23.png