Sign in to follow this  
meshman

P3D launcher?

Hi Maarten,

And a huge bedankt from me as well!!

What a massive difference your launcher makes to the P3D experience. I can't imagine me flying without it now.

Kind regards,

Mike :)

Maarten

Thank you so much. The ability to choose a startup situation in P3D is fantastic.

Bedankt!

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Yes, another one here. thanks Maarten, this is an absolutly brilliant solution, far better than the default FSX one. A proper Xmas gift!

Thanks again,

Paul

Many thanks from me as well.

A small idea/request: Maybe you could add some functionality to support multiple prepar3d.cfg files and allow me to select which one to use? That way I could easily have separate settings for low and slow vfr and big bird ifr flying...

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Many thanks from me as well.

A small idea/request: Maybe you could add some functionality to support multiple prepar3d.cfg files and allow me to select which one to use? That way I could easily have separate settings for low and slow vfr and big bird ifr flying...

Hi Kolaf,

I will release v5.1 later today (CET), where the cfg file you entered in 'Preferences' will be sent to the sim as a command line switch: /CFG:"[cfg file]" . So if you want to use a different cfg file, you will have to change the preferences. Depending on the number of aircraft you have installed, this will take a little bit of time, because the aircraft database has to be rebuild based on the SimObjectPath.x settings in the new cfg file.

bedankt, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten,

I don't wish to appear unduly fussy, but I am whether there is anything you can do to tidy up the display of some of the lines appearing in the Launcher and Preferences windows? I suspect it may have something to do with the host screen resolution. My laptop has a native resolution of 1920x1080. For me, this issue detracts a little from an otherwise perfect application front end. This 'problem' is visible in other windows within the program as well. When I first saw this my first instinct was to resize the window, but this is not an option as the open window size appears to be fixed.

If I'm the only one seeing this then please don't waste any time over it. There is enough text visible to make clear what's there.

Bedankt.

Kind regards,

Mike

No it happens with my installation as well. Only cosmetic I know, but at some time ....

Mike, Ian

You both use non default display settings: you have your display set to make everything 125% of the normal size (medium setting). So there's not much I can do about your issue other than to advise you to change your display settings back to normal (Control Panel | Display | Smaller).

bedankt, Maarten

advise you to change your display settings back to normal

Some of us have, um, older eyes, and even at 125% things are difficult to read.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Hi all,

I found a way to detect the DPI setting. Version 5.2 now checks if the DPI setting is higher than 96 and if so, reduces the font size from 8 points to 7 points, so all text will fit again in the allocated space. Hope this helps for all of you with, um, older eyes.

bedankt, Maarten

P.S.: Merry Christmas to you all!

Version 5.2 now checks if the DPI setting is higher than 96 and if so, reduces the font size from 8 points to 7 points, so all text will fit again in the allocated space.

Yay \o/ !! Maarten, you're a prince. :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Hi Maarten,

Now it's perfect, well done!

I knew you could do it, we all have faith in you :rolleyes:

I checked and my laptop (W7 Pro 64bit, SP1) has the default setting using 'XP style DPI scaling': '9 point Segoe UI at 120 pixels per inch'.

Merry Christmas... and, once again, a huge bedankt for all your dedicated efforts on our behalf.

Best wishes,

Mike

man u r a bloody marvel thank u

peter

No peter - that's Maarvel - as in Maarvelous Maarten!

Merry Christmas!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

G'day Maarten,

I am a serial offender when it comes to Panel Studio and "tweaking" panels. My problem is that I am having trouble convincing SimLauncher that I have made the changes. Loading via the P3D GUI overcomes the problem.

My question is then, can I purge the SimLauncher SimObject DB and then asking it to rebuild. It appears, perhaps, that it stores the panel.cfg for the installed aircraft and does not recognize a subsequent change.

Thanks and cheers, Mac