Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

For alt tab disconnects - as it was already said it is CPU load dependent. So I tried new approach and limited FSX FPS and shut down most of my addons - I can alt tab all the time and joystick is fine. So yes, I can confirm that alt tab issue is connected to CPU load. Now we need someone who will find why :)

Now we need someone who will find why :)
Ask in the P3d forums. They have it fixed now. It would be interesting to know how...

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Well, if it's fixed in 2.1, my controller list is missing a yoke, a throttle quadrant, and a pair of rudder pedals :)

You have to run the default flight first, then restart P3d and the new profiles will appear. Also, if you ran the 2.1 patch without deleting all the files in configuration four folders as recommended by LM, that could mess things up. If you by accident did the latter, just rename Standard.xml in the folder:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls

Then run P3d with the default flight and then close it and run P3d again. The app should re-create Standard.xml with the new profiles. The new file should be a lot bigger, which is a tip off.

If none of that helps, you probably should either post something on the official P3d forum or maybe open a support ticket with LM

It's not that the new profiles never appear. It's that they still disappear when the application loses focus. It's not a deal breaker since FSUIPC has doing right by me for many moons now - just pointing out that while LM's efforts are appreciated (and apparently has improved the situation for some), the solution presented in P3D 2.1 is not a universal slam dunk to the joystick dropouts.

(This is a clean install of 2.1 under Windows 8.1 with all data dirs blown away prior)

Froogle did a video showing how to bind your controls using fsuipc. It will solve all joystick disconnect issues

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I think you were lucky that the joystick reconnected.

Unfortunately it didn't help me when I lost mine.

Also my solution I mentioned before isn't working.

Let's take a look at FSUIPC..............

This might be a freak coincidence but I'm willing to put it out there as I feel the pain everyone else is going through at the moment.

Anyway, I'm on a long haul and then surprise surprise, the "Flying without a joystick can be difficult" message popped up mid flight, so, with rage in full swing I went to the task manager and with my irrational anger selected FSX and right clicked by accident, then something odd happened, the very instance I hit the right click, In the background FSX briefly paused itself, grey textures flashed and the ENB shading I switched off earlier in the flight came back on which caught my attention, so I ignored the force quitting rage to see what was going and incredibly, my joystick was alive. I've deliberately unplugged my joystick and successfully re-connected over 5 times within the same flight to test it, the joystick is consistently working, this might be a fluke, I hope it's not. But try it out and let me know. 

Crossing fingers! :(  :mellow:

• Upvote 1

When using fsuipc, make sure you uncheck the joystick from fsx control menu. I'm using it and it has never disconnected once and I do long 8+hr flights

When using fsuipc, make sure you uncheck the joystick from fsx control menu. I'm using it and it has never disconnected once and I do long 8+hr flights

I do make sure it isn't enabled there. It doesn't happen all the time and do have a good succesfull rate with FSUIPC but sometimes even that can go. So it's not fully 100%

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I lost my Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 controller tonight then got it back after about 5 minutes (Could have been less).  Of course I'm using FSXAssist with the SimmConnect setting On. This setting is primarily for preventing a joystick dropout and also enables the auto save feature.  Anyway, this is the first time I saw the code do an actual reconnect except in early test where we unplugged and replugged the controller.

Good things come to those who wait I guess.

Regards

jja 

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png