Sign in to follow this  
T_Fleck

Tri-star coming soon

An amazing aircraft, and a must have for me if it provides a good approximation of the real aircraft.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

TBH completely surprised by the lack of red-tail as a livery option, it was a far more iconic livery on the trijets than landor was, which always seemed to me to be more characteristic of BA's 747 fleet.

Glad to see that JF is taking care of the classics. Any Caravelle please?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

TBH completely surprised by the lack of red-tail as a livery option, it was a far more iconic livery on the trijets than landor was, which always seemed to me to be more characteristic of BA's 747 fleet.

They might throw it in there, not all of the liveries are listed; I didn't see Delta so I sent them an e-mail. Delta is not on the list, but will be included. Also, for any livery they don't do they will also include a paint-kit.

Great to see TAP Air Portugal is included. One of our top performers back in the day...

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I know I have been consistently disappointed with Justflight offerings because I believe the entry price per product ratio is too high. I usually wait for a sale or discount before purchasing the product and even then find I fly the aircraft. very infrequently. The Viscount springs to mind. While it is a competent exterior model, textures could have been a lot better and there are better freeware sound packs out there (HS 748) similarly, the flight model leaves me unimpressed... Hours spent on creating these products is unfortunately not the measure by which you can assume to pitch the price as these days with restrictive/reduced incomes. What counts more than ever IMO is quality...

What Justflight does do correctly IMO, is pick aircraft models that are not mainstream developer choices - and that I support 100 percent. These variations of large and medium piston and jet performers is a good way of making sales - that is why I was interested in the Viscount in the first instance.

As soon as I saw the screenshots of the cockpit, I knew the JF Viscount wasn't for me; a weird mish-mash of 700 and 800 series cockpits. Fraser McKay's freeware panel was much more accurate and had more functionality (water meth injection etc :-D ), so why an Earth would I part with money for something inferior!

Fortunately the L1011 is looking a lot better, although it seems a shame they don't appear to be modelling the Hamilton Sundstrand FMS (I think this was the first VNAV/LNAV and engine thrust management package in the world!), only the basic INS units.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

It looked a bit CLS'y to me at first,and I thoght,OK the're improving,but JF, well I might well purchase

this.

Good luck :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well, I really like these old aircrafts... it's a shame that the only good ones old options are the dream fleet B727 for fs2004 and the simcheck A300, obviously imo.

Let see how this one comes out! :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I really hope JustFlight get it right with this model. The TriStar was well ahead of it's time when it first flew and was loved by crew and passengers alike. Great handling qualities and built like an ox.

I recently tried the JF 737-200 demo but sadly the flight dynamics were awful. And that ruined a simulation of another aircraft loved by pilots for its fine handling qualities.

So JF how about getting Rob Young in to do the flight dynamics for the TriStar?! If he's not too busy working on the RealAir 172..(which he probably is;)

Well, I really like these old aircrafts... it's a shame that the only good ones old options are the dream fleet B727 for fs2004 and the simcheck A300, obviously imo.

Let see how this one comes out! :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Dont forget the Coolsky DC-9. In my opinion, it is the best classic jet airliner available for FSX.

Dont forget the Coolsky DC-9. In my opinion, it is the best classic jet airliner available for FSX.

Really can't comment on that one... Never tried it! :) I only use the younger brother, the MD-82 from LSH

The VC seems a bit flat for my tastes but I sure will keep an eye out for this one!

I agree it does wish they had modeled more stuff in 3d like more buttons and some of the panels if you look at other models they try to model most of the cockpit in 3d and not flat textures so it looks better im not saying it looks bad just wish they had put more in the captain seat as far as more detail more modeled bottons etc etc the L1011 tristar is a beautiful plane I wish just flight the best even tho I'm not satisfied with the vc I will be purchasing it. wish they had Jacob Kubique make the virtual cockpit he did the quaitlwings 757 and bae146 vc's

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Coming from JF i'm scared... I'll give them the chance though, hope they make it justice.

Don't forget the DC-10 *hint* *hint*

EDIT: I hadn't seen the video, and i am impressed. Let me take back what i said, even though i still have to try it. The video did make me want to buy it ;)

What do you mean? Just Flight markets some great products. You need to remove that: "I die for this developer only" mentality. And you'll be a happy person. Think with an opened mind, so it can function correctly !

I will be buying it no matter what. I own several products from JustFlight, and while there is room for improvement in this way or that, I can honestly say I feel I got what I paid for every time. I have not once had any bug issues, ctd's or any sort of performance problems from their products, and they are by no means horrible. If you are looking for the next plane to push the limits of what FSX can do, this will probably not be the plane for you. If you are looking for a solid, enjoyable, accurate representation, then I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed. Face it, most here probably as a kid climbed into a large box and pretended it was a cockpit. The same holds true for sim add-ons, it is or can be as real as you want it to be. Personally, I want an L1011 therefore I will make it work for me.