Sign in to follow this  
T_Fleck

Tri-star coming soon

Face it, most here probably as a kid climbed into a large box and pretended it was a cockpit

When I was 7, yes, but I'm not as easily amused now, and only half as creative! Flight Sim has long since entered the age where some developers are making planes with systems and other characteristics that are very close to the real thing. I don't know what kind of planes JF makes, as I've never had any of their products, and so I'm not casting a judgment one way or another. I'm only pointing out that ultra-realism is important to many, while you seem to be saying that basically anything goes as long as they call it a Tristar?

I will be buying it no matter what. I own several products from JustFlight, and while there is room for improvement in this way or that, I can honestly say I feel I got what I paid for every time. I have not once had any bug issues, ctd's or any sort of performance problems from their products, and they are by no means horrible. If you are looking for the next plane to push the limits of what FSX can do, this will probably not be the plane for you. If you are looking for a solid, enjoyable, accurate representation, then I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed. Face it, most here probably as a kid climbed into a large box and pretended it was a cockpit. The same holds true for sim add-ons, it is or can be as real as you want it to be. Personally, I want an L1011 therefore I will make it work for me.

You would also love airplanes from Abacus and Perfect Flight.

Most Just Flight products are in completely different league than Perfect Flight & Abacus stuff.

Flight Sim has long since entered the age where some developers are making planes with systems and other characteristics that are very close to the real thing. I don't know what kind of planes JF makes, as I've never had any of their products

It might be worth pointing out that Just Flight are a Publisher not a Developer, although I think they may also have an in-house team. They usually use Aeroplane Heaven and CLS as their main developers. I have a very definite preference for one of those developers over the other and so will base my buying decision on tge Tristar very much on that knowledge as well as obviously reading reviews and user comments and analysing screenshots/videos.

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

I'm only pointing out that ultra-realism is important to many, while you seem to be saying that basically anything goes as long as they call it a Tristar?

I wouldn't say anything goes, it has to at least accurately represent a Tristar.

Ok, let's not go too far, there are limits to my imagination.

I just went to the JF site and looked at the L-1011 Preview. Looks good to me. Thanks JF.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I'm starving for another addon.. Saving my money for the PMDG 777 is no longer an option I have to buy this..

Either way the 777 won't be coming out any time soon so might as well.

looking for a solid, enjoyable, accurate representation

I am already delighted by the screenshots and the video preview, the feature description is rich, I am anxious for this release.

Regards;

Fritz

Hi Michael,

Worth bearing in mind that we are a developer and publisher. The 747-200/300 that we published was actually developed by CLS, this TriStar is an in-house development.

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn, I'm really looking forward to having the 1011 in FSX. I am amazed that no one has picked up on this aircraft before. It has such a interesting history.

I would love to see an aircraft like this made available also for X-Plane 64bit. I know Carenado is converting their aircraft to X-Plane more and more. I was wondering if an aircraft like this 1011 might be a good candidate to be offered in X-Plane 64bit also?

I will be buying it no matter what. I own several products from JustFlight, and while there is room for improvement in this way or that, I can honestly say I feel I got what I paid for every time. I have not once had any bug issues, ctd's or any sort of performance problems from their products, and they are by no means horrible. If you are looking for the next plane to push the limits of what FSX can do, this will probably not be the plane for you. If you are looking for a solid, enjoyable, accurate representation, then I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed. Face it, most here probably as a kid climbed into a large box and pretended it was a cockpit. The same holds true for sim add-ons, it is or can be as real as you want it to be. Personally, I want an L1011 therefore I will make it work for me.

I agree. I feel JustFlight will make a great L1011. I'm looking forward to it. The discription of the product sounds really good.

I own sims like the 737NGX and Leonardo's DC9/80, and fly them all the time, but I still enjoy products from JustFlight.

One question, I notice on the picture of the engineer panel, there is one area that looks strange, like a bad photo stuck there to fill in one of the blocks. I'm assuming that is there because the actual panel is not finished and when the product is released, that part of the engineer's panel will be complete. I'm I correct, Martyn?

Here is a little "whistle-wetting" video of the roll-out of the Lockheed 1011

http://youtu.be/1j8-0BYtFTA

Looking over the feature list... I would really like to see a screen-shot of this:

-Dramatic night lighting effects for the instruments and panels.

I am hoping "dramatic" is a good thing...

Hi all,

Well let's face it, and it's only my opinion here! It's definitely a Tristar, it has a long list of features, which we haven't seen before on a Tristar model in the past, on any sim. The VC sure is a Tristar cockpit which we haven't had before in FSX. Your not going to get the likes of PMDG to do a plane like the Tristar because it's too quirky for their tastes...........and I might not live long enough, lol, sorry PMDG   :wub:  They said once that there weren't enough sales from the MD11 so they wouldn't get enough from a Tristar, lol.

I don't believe this is being done by Aeroplane heaven either, I may be wrong but I thought they had stopped developing recently. I know the Just flight guys do read the forum on this, and I think it might be an in house model, not sure!

One thing is sure, by the looks of it and I have a couple of Just flight aircraft knocking around in my hanger, at least it will be easy on your frame rates and hopefully work great too. 

One comment though, not sure I need quite so many liveries! but the list seems to miss out the old Delta Airlines colours, surely one of the most distinctive on it's day!

I can see one sitting there in the hanger waiting for a fly right now, only dreaming, well soon then.

Happy Flying,

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.