Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Best airliner virtual cockpit out right now?

1. Majestic MJC8 Q400

2. The OP asked for the best (see number 1 above).

O/T I'm tempted with the Simcheck A300 but the VC looks pretty nasty in all the pics I've seen. Obviously once used to the sweet fruit of the NGX and the Q400 it's easy to overlook anything else but is the A300 worth a look?

O/T I'm tempted with the Simcheck A300 but the VC looks pretty nasty in all the pics I've seen. Obviously once used to the sweet fruit of the NGX and the Q400 it's easy to overlook anything else but is the A300 worth a look?

It's from 2009 I believe (possibly even 2008) and to be honest, as much as I love the Simcheck A300, it was never the best VC, texture-wise.    But neither is it 'nasty' in all honestly.    It's certainly acceptable and although I love beautifully rendered and textured VCs, when flying the Simcheck I never ever think to myself "Jeez, this VC is ugly" ... (for example, I admit I do now think that with the Level D 767).....  

....and the beauty of the Simcheck goes beyond skin deep - it has the magical immersion and ambience factor IMHO, as well as divine flight handling characteristics, excellent sounds, and strong systems coverage.

It is probably an aquired taste; but I love it!

It's from 2009 I believe (possibly even 2008) and to be honest, as much as I love the Simcheck A300, it was never the best VC, texture-wise. But neither is it 'nasty' in all honestly. It's certainly acceptable and although I love beautifully rendered and textured VCs, when flying the Simcheck I never ever think to myself "Jeez, this VC is ugly" ... (for example, I admit I do now think that with the Level D 767).....

....and the beauty of the Simcheck goes beyond skin deep - it has the magical immersion and ambience factor IMHO, as well as divine flight handling characteristics, excellent sounds, and strong systems coverage.

It is probably an aquired taste; but I love it!

Much obliged. Might be one to just fly at night, that's what I do with sceneries that aren't quite up to scratch these days. For example, there's a 'reasonable' payware version of Muscat Airport in Oman, which is only present on my system because it's 40 minutes from Flytampa's wonderful Dubai Rebooted. In the day it's a bit bleurgh but leaving Dubai at dusk by the time I get to Muscat it's dark and with the usual viz in that sandy part of the world (not far) for a landing and taxy in it does the job.

It's not pretty, the QW and NGX is prettier however the VC is a nice place to be, the sounds are great and there are systems to explore and you'll have to learn how to nav manually for SIDs and STARs, nce you get the hang of it you'll be hooked.

What makes the NGX and the MD-11 so great is not just the modeling, but the training materials.  If you are not an experienced simmer, you can pick up on both sims pretty quick because of the excellent tutorials provided by PMDG. Once you have the basics, the rest is just fun to learn.

As the writer of those tutorials (for the NGX at least), thanks, glad to hear!  :P  :biggrin:

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG 737NGX2 or the Milviz 737-200 which will be released very soon!

Now that its out, wonder where the Milviz ranks?

737 PMDG and a paper plane by ABACUS

737 PMDG and a paper plane by ABACUS

disregard the paper plane ,,  it was folded wrong...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I think the Milviz 737-200C ranks just in at par with the NGX from the screenshots that I have seen, and I have heard many many good things about their 737-200C. Now the upcoming PMDG 777 and the upcoming QualityWings 787 look very promising indeed.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I don't know guys, unfortunately I can't find a proper aspect in pmdg737ngx's VC that would look something like these:

And I tried 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 resolutions, widescreen on and off, different zoom factors.  The windshield, the frame don't look/feel like they belong to B738.

I don't own Milviz732 or Q400 or QW146, therefore AirbusX so far.

Dirk.

Coolsky DC9 with McPhat VC textures upgrade

NGX
Dash8-Q400 Majestic

Milviz 732
QW Avro

​CS777 has a beautiful VC so it's a awesome ###### for the rest...

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Think I'll update my view on this question;

I own the MilViz 732 and it's a lovely old motor, but not quite making this list, for me;-

1). MJC Dash 8-Q400

2). Airbus X Extended

3). Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

4). NGX

....once again, this is only measuring VC quality though, not overall enjoyment or quality. :smile: