Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Best airliner virtual cockpit out right now?

Wonderful news about Leo Maddog Graphics upgrade, thanks Dave. Maddog is still my best airliner ever!

So, my answer to this thread is Leonardo Maddog in terms of functionality and accuracy, and in terms of graphics - NGX!

Not to get off on a tangent, but how can the Leonardo Maddog be the best in terms of "functionality and accuracy" if something as fundamental as VNAV SPEED doesn't even work? Doesn't anybody even care about little things like that and the fact that these will forever be left unfixed because the developer doesn't support the product anymore? Am I wrong about this bug? Disclaimer-- I don't have the Leo Maddog, I'm only going off of info that I have read on their support forums, and as such has prevented me from buying it. Trust me when I say that I really wanted it...

Not to get off on a tangent,

I don't think it's off the subject at all.

For the record, I haven't any idea what you're speaking about. I fly the Maddog very often, and all of those system work fine, both in single and multi-crew (shared cockpit). You might be trying to enable too early, or something else. The system is designed and operates as per the FCOM and QRF. We have the Delta and Continental versions on our website, feel free to download them (or use Google, their out there on the web).

Yeah, Davide isn't responding to any posts or support emails. But the 2010 version (third version by the way) actually works fine, and that's based on having a LOT of hours flying her. But Davide really should responde to true support questions (maybe he does, I haven't had a true support question in a long time, and it turned out to be an operational one).

It's a terrific aircraft. Sorry to hear you're having difficulty.

Dave

Are these updates available to the general sim public?

Well, yes and no. (I know...).

OVPA uses three publically available mods to the Maddog.

1, VC Light Fix (available on the FlytheMaddog website).

2. Alpha Textures (I found that on AvsimRs)

3. Engine Sound Mod, available here on AVSIM).

All we did was package these mods together and make them easy to install, but anyone can download and use them. You won't notice a visual difference with the Alpha Textures, but you will notice increased load times.

OVPA has a few mods to the sound settings, control settings, and the Sound.ini file which due to being Beta are not available to non-members. When when we're done with it, I can't say it will be released, as we can't and won't support it except for our members.

There are two members currently working on a small graphics mod to the sim (described earlier) which we'll release to the public via AVSIM and FlightSim.com for our fellow Maddog lovers, when it's complete.

Hope you found this helpful!

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Based on the three airliners that I have installed (I don't have the PMDG 737NGX)......Captain Sim 707

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

All we did was package these mods together and make them easy to install, but anyone can download and use them. You won't notice a visual difference with the Alpha Textures, but you will notice increased load times.

OVPA has a few mods to the sound settings, control settings, and the Sound.ini file which due to being Beta are not available to non-members. When when we're done with it, I can't say it will be released, as we can't and won't support it except for our members.

There are two members currently working on a small graphics mod to the sim (described earlier) which we'll release to the public via AVSIM and FlightSim.com for our fellow Maddog lovers, when it's complete.

Dave

Dave, do you think you can link those three mods?

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty.

I'm not having difficulty because I don't have the aircraft, but the main reason I haven't bought it is this:

http://www.flythemad...?showtopic=8520

Apparently this is a coding error, so everybody must suffer from it. Since I don't have the plane, I gather this error means that you have to climb in IAS/Mach Hold instead of Vnav because it won't command the econ climb speed above fl100 on the climb page(or whatever you have to do). Okay, that doesn't sound like a big deal, takes all of 2 seconds, but I guess I'm one of those uptight guys about things like this, since Vnav climb is one of the major things that makes it an MD_80! Or maybe it is more about that if a developer wouldn't take 30 seconds to create and distribute a hotfix for something like this, then it makes me somewhat less enthusiastic about rewarding them with my business, no matter how good the rest of the plane may be. You're saying that this error doesn't actually exist however? Because if the half dozen threads on Flythemaddog. com about this are simply unfounded, then I might consider still consider getting this airplane.

Appologies for the diversion about virtual cockpits and onto a technical issue with the Maddog, I just felt I needed to explain an issue I really shouldn't have brought up earlier in the first place; we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

737 NGX, but i really really love the Lionheart´s epic victory VC.

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

I'm not having difficulty because I don't have the aircraft, but the main reason I haven't bought it is this:

http://www.flythemad...?showtopic=8520

Apparently this is a coding error, so everybody must suffer from it. Since I don't have the plane, I gather this error means that you have to climb in IAS/Mach Hold instead of Vnav because it won't command the econ climb speed above fl100 on the climb page(or whatever you have to do). Okay, that doesn't sound like a big deal, takes all of 2 seconds, but I guess I'm one of those uptight guys about things like this, since Vnav climb is one of the major things that makes it an MD_80! Or maybe it is more about that if a developer wouldn't take 30 seconds to create and distribute a hotfix for something like this, then it makes me somewhat less enthusiastic about rewarding them with my business, no matter how good the rest of the plane may be. You're saying that this error doesn't actually exist however? Because if the half dozen threads on Flythemaddog. com about this are simply unfounded, then I might consider still consider getting this airplane.

Appologies for the diversion about virtual cockpits and onto a technical issue with the Maddog, I just felt I needed to explain an issue I really shouldn't have brought up earlier in the first place; we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I don't think it's off the subject at all.

For the record, I haven't any idea what you're speaking about. I fly the Maddog very often, and all of those system work fine, both in single and multi-crew (shared cockpit). You might be trying to enable too early, or something else. The system is designed and operates as per the FCOM and QRF. We have the Delta and Continental versions on our website, feel free to download them (or use Google, their out there on the web).

Yeah, Davide isn't responding to any posts or support emails. But the 2010 version (third version by the way) actually works fine, and that's based on having a LOT of hours flying her. But Davide really should responde to true support questions (maybe he does, I haven't had a true support question in a long time, and it turned out to be an operational one).

It's a terrific aircraft. Sorry to hear you're having difficulty.

Dave

Dave

Sorry about off topic again here. But Wow, a VNAV bug that is now three years running as reported by a very knowledgeable poster. The Maddog is already a tough plane to master, having to deal with this bug is indeed an annoyance.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020