Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Best airliner virtual cockpit out right now?

Only one Captain Sim vote, interesting

A fully justified vote aswell. The CS 707 VC is a beauty.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The NGX, Q400 and Airbus X are all very nice. I fired up the QW 146/Avro the other day and it wasn't as nice as I remember it being. Although I also installed their 757 for some exterior screenshots and the VC was pretty nasty - wrong fonts on the PFD, flat and blocky texturing and rather hard on the frames too. 

NGX of course, its the standard for tubeliner VCs

MD-11 pretty good

After awhile tho programming FMS get boring for me so I like the to go to the vintage birds.  That and the sound of a big radial always beats a jet for me :) 

Sibwings AN-2 with its great beat up old Russian cockpit...that plane has lots of character. 

A2A B377 COTS package, hard to be for systems depth...ie if you forget to turn on ADI, good chance you will have an engine fire on takeoff.  Wear and tear modeling is great, meaning each engine wears out separately...over time you have engines performing at various levels so you have to adjust accordingly...awesome stuff. 

What makes the NGX and the MD-11 so great is not just the modeling, but the training materials.  If you are not an experienced simmer, you can pick up on both sims pretty quick because of the excellent tutorials provided by PMDG. Once you have the basics, the rest is just fun to learn.  I have the Maddog, but the training material is not very good - a very lame tutorial, and the rest is just guessing.  However, there is a separate training program for the Maddog if one wants to shell out the bucks.  I don't know how good it is, but I am thinking about purchasing it.

The B737 Comercial Siimulator connected to VATSIM and FSAirlines at The Burton Latimer Flight Simulation Centre. Has got to be as real as it gets.

If you are interested in having a flight then please let me know. Alan 07986133588 It will not cost you a fortune less than £100

Mine seems realistic :)

onemonitor.jpg

Holy crap that's awesome!

I'd show mine but British Airways is using it right now. ;)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

:P I bet PMDG are quite puzzled by all the love the MD11 has gotten over the last months considering the in their view disappointing sales figures! Hopefully having been in the limelight like this it has picked up more interest/sales because to me it's probably the most underrated aircraft add-on in the history of FS! We need more rumble!!!

+1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

You guys are too modern.

Try the FREEWARE David Maltby classic planes- The Comet. Trident and BAC 1-11.

All switches in cockpit work- and the semi automatic auto pilot is as the plane is(was).

No setting FMCs and going to sleep!

You just as well try them - they are completely free..

After a quick flight last night the Twin Otter Extended is a pretty special VC to be sat in.

Bearing in mind that I own but apart from a short take off and zoom around for the PMDG planes they are in the still to learn queue my list would be the following:

• Simcheck A300B4, not the prettiest but immersion is high and I love the little details like the oil drop on APU startup etc.
  • QW RJ, best looking although systems depth is not up to A2A etc but more than enough to feel like you're flying a plane.

Majestic Dash 8

+1

....and jointly with the AXE.

:smile:

That's purely for "best VC" which was the original question.   :smile:

PMDG NGX then the majestic Q400 .  I don't own it but the coolsky DC-9 looks excellent as well

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB