Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Best airliner virtual cockpit out right now?

I hope it's not a list but I couldn't narrow it down.

NGX

Coolsky DC9

QW Avro

Here I go....with my protective gear on :t0106: Captain Sim 767-777 8P with Aerosoft X coming in 2nd.

The QW Avro is nice, but the NGX is tops.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I haven't shelled out the money for a PMDG plane yet, but my personal favorite is the QW Bae 146

"Feathers shall raise men even as they do birds towards heaven :— That is by letters written with their quills."

— Leonardo da Vinci

http://www.hkspotting.com

Lol, other two 60" screens come tomorrow.

Hey John,

the setup looks just great... i have a question though...which i have been wanting to ask for a bit... when it comes to setting up the cockpit and you have the gauges etc showing below the 60" tvs... how do you actually do that? I am seriously thinking of having a large tv for the main screen and using my 2 27" monitors to show the gauges, pfd, nd etc...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Hey John,

the setup looks just great... i have a question though...which i have been wanting to ask for a bit... when it comes to setting up the cockpit and you have the gauges etc showing below the 60" tvs... how do you actually do that? I am seriously thinking of having a large tv for the main screen and using my 2 27" monitors to show the gauges, pfd, nd etc...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

doug

Doug,

There's two PCs running that.

PC1 runs the outside visuals P3D (dual GTX285 moving to GTX680 this week). It also has another low end card driving the lower EICAS.

PC2 runs two 19" screens running CPT and FO PFDs and NDs, a 15" running the upper EICAS and standby instruments as well as driving the CDU display.

Avionics are ProSim737, and its connected via wideclient. PC2 is just using a couple low end video cards, best one being a GT310 :) so nothing special needed for those displays.

Less impact to tHe visuals PC since I don't need that to display a VC or 2D cockpit, however it comes at the cost of the separate avions and systems software.

Cazn't believe nobody mentioned the Leonardo Maddog. Saw the Coolsky one, but I thought the CDU was non functional?

At any rate, we presently working on a graphics update for the Leo Maddog.

As anyone who's researched this model knows, it's still the most accurate and systems intensive aircraft for flight simulator. The NGX (I love that aircraft as well, and have an equal number of hours in both aircraft) might well surpass the Maddog with the next service pack from PMDG. We'll see!

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Pmdg 737 ngx is definitely the best, just like a real airliner. Cockpit graphics are very good too. Haven't tried all of them but so far PMDG 737 has been best.

Cazn't believe nobody mentioned the Leonardo Maddog.

Dave

I did ^_^ (on Page 1)

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD