Sign in to follow this  
CaptCraig

Ready for you to take my money

Ummm lets see. They can afford a $600.00 Ipad, $200.00 Cell Phone $1500.00 Car Stereo, $2,000 Computer to run FSX? But they can't afford more than $100 for the best Plane in the History of FlightSim? Give me a break! They will pay whatever PMDG asks for it or they won't have a T7. Simple as that. :P They can easily get $150.00 if they wanted to and it is worth every penny. :Money Eyes:

All of them can? Come on. Anyway why are people so keen to talk up the price of the 777? The same debate happened before the NGX was launched. It's as if people want to say "I love PMDG so much I would pay any price they charge."

Would I pay $400 for an iPad? Sure. Would I pay $400 for the 777? Absolutely not. I could afford it, but I wouldn't pay that much. I wouldn't pay $150.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The T7 will be more expensive than the NGX. Understandable given the superior features and time and effort in regard to development.

But anything above £80 [$125] and I'll be saying, "wow! PMDG, steady on chaps."

P.S It would have to be damn good for 80 quid. It would have to be the best add-on ever. I would also expect frame rate on a par with the NGX or better.

The ngx (and MD11 i belive) was three years in development; the 777 is looking to be half that. No reason the 777 has to cost me than either of them.

150 USD is max for :P

But will try my best to buy it if i can :P without burning a hole in my pocket

I think it will be out after june?

Ummm lets see. They can afford a $600.00 Ipad, $200.00 Cell Phone $1500.00 Car Stereo, $2,000 Computer to run FSX? But they can't afford more than $100 for the best Plane in the History of FlightSim? Give me a break! They will pay whatever PMDG asks for it or they won't have a T7. Simple as that. :P They can easily get $150.00 if they wanted to and it is worth every penny. :Money Eyes:

Ummm.... no! They cant afford anything, their parents can do that for them, and with all due respect, we don't even know if it will be the best plane in the history of flightsims (although it will probably be).

I have old i5 powered computer, second hand cell phone and second hand ipad, and really I'm not kind of person that would give all my money for any product no matter how good it is (unless its buy or die situation). I guess you do not earn anything when you are so easy on spending money.

I guess you do not earn anything when you are so easy on spending money.

I'm planning on finally doing my upgrade during the 1st week of June. That's when the new Intel Hawell processors will be released. So with a New MB, RAM, Processor, Video Card, 3rd Party Cooler and 2 Western Digital 10,000 rpm hard drives its gonna cost about $1600. Already got the DVD drives, Case and a 900 watt power supply so will just swap out the parts I am replacing. All this just for FSX. I also have a Yoke, Pedals and Dual Throttle Quadrants.

The point is it is an expensive hobby. If you can't afford or are not willing to buy the best planes and pay for what they are worth then this hobby is not for you. I had to save up for a year for this upgrade and it is totally worth it. So when I am spending $1600 on hardware am I worried about $150 for a plane if its the best out there? Nah! :rolleyes:

If I have to choose between my flying hobby and RL flight training, there is no doubt where money should go. I can fly 7 or so hours irl for that money you spent at PC, and however good T7 will be, it cannot be compared even with rl cessna 172

So I get to fly for a couple years and a couple thousand flights for my $1600 and you only get 7 hours in the real world? I'll take the New Computer and 777 easy over that! :yahoo: Have fun with your 7 hours. :Raised Eyebrow:

My 7 hours irl will bring me license, and job, and money. Do you expect to be sponsored by your parents till the end of your life?

I'm planning on finally doing my upgrade during the 1st week of June. That's when the new Intel Hawell processors will be released. So with a New MB, RAM, Processor, Video Card, 3rd Party Cooler and 2 Western Digital 10,000 rpm hard drives its gonna cost about $1600. Already got the DVD drives, Case and a 900 watt power supply so will just swap out the parts I am replacing. All this just for FSX. I also have a Yoke, Pedals and Dual Throttle Quadrants.

The point is it is an expensive hobby. If you can't afford or are not willing to buy the best planes and pay for what they are worth then this hobby is not for you. I had to save up for a year for this upgrade and it is totally worth it. So when I am spending $1600 on hardware am I worried about $150 for a plane if its the best out there? Nah! :rolleyes:

Simming doesn't have to be an extremely expensive hobby, it's as expensive as you want to make it. I chose to spend less than half of what you plan to do on my last PC upgrade, for example.

If you've had to save up for a year to afford $1600 for your PC upgrade I'm absolutely amazed you regard $150 for an addon as not a concern. Don't forget the 747v2 will follow the 777 and will probably be a similar price. So would you feel so comfortable about spending about 20% of your upgrade budget on new addons? If I were in your position I'd want them to be priced as low as possible.

ki9cAAb.jpg

and however good T7 will be, it cannot be compared even with rl cessna 172

Oh it can...because with the T7 you can eat your dinner while taking off or landing.... :wink:

Except my coffee often goes cold and I've a shouting wife :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I've just finished watching the ACA 777-200LR and Turkish 777-300ER DVDs from justplanes and wow, i really can't wait for this bird now!

Adam

My 7 hours irl will bring me license, and job, and money. Do you expect to be sponsored by your parents till the end of your life?

Dude my parents died over 15 years ago and I am 46 and Support myself. Thanks for the Thought!

If you've had to save up for a year to afford $1600 for your PC upgrade I'm absolutely amazed you regard $150 for an addon as not a concern. Don't forget the 747v2 will follow the 777 and will probably be a similar price. So would you feel so comfortable about spending about 20% of your upgrade budget on new addons? If I were in your position I'd want them to be priced as low as possible.

Fixing to get the 747-400 V2 as well. It takes awhile to save up when you have other bills such as Rent, Car Utils etc.

Yall can relax I highly doubt PMDG is gonna charge $150.00 I was just stating if they did It would still would be worth it to me. Maybe they outta sell 2 versions. One Basic $80.00 and a Gold Edition for $120.00 that has Bonus Features. ^_^

It must be a first if they did release it at $150 for the base. I can't think of ANYTHING in this hobby that costs that much (software wise).

It must be a first if they did release it at $150 for the base. I can't think of ANYTHING in this hobby that costs that much (software wise).

It won't - since even Rob said it will not be that expensive in the latest interview. $100 is probably a good, nice, big, round price that everyone can agree on. Not so much our or their parents credit cards agree on lol.