Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Major ProATC update 1.2

Major improvements with this update! Here is the list of updates and improvements. 

All generated FMC-Flightplans are now named as follows:
Clearance: Departure ICAO followed by destination ICAO + "CLR".
Approach: Departure ICAO followed by destination ICAO + "APP".
Missed Approach: Departure ICAO followed by destination ICAO + "MA".

The only exception is on QualityWings aircraft as they only accept ICAO departure + ICAO destination.
New features in 1.2.0.0

Basic Features
The flightplan list on the main screen can now be sorted by clicking on the column headers.
Under Options you may now tick "Assign shortest SID/STAR procedure. If not ticked PRO-ATC/X will assign a procedure randomly if multiple procedures fitting wind conditions and entry waypoint to the STAR.
The moving map layout has been optimized and re-structured.
Weather
Beside OPUS, now also Active Sky 2012 and REX Weather Engine are supported.
Additionally NOAA METARs and TAFs can be downloaded to work in conjunction with the used weather engine.
NOAA METARs are especially recommended when using FSX's own weather engine because FSX limits weather requests to max. 100 NM.
You may now look at weather conditions while planning the flight as long as METARs and TAFs are downloaded.
You may even request the weather for destination via the in-flight menu.

Aborting Takeoff
A Takeoff can be aborted as long as V1 isn't reached.

Altitude restrictions on departure (SID)
Altitude restrictions onn SIDs are now considered.

Altitude Assignments
Elevation data for waypoints can now be downloaded optionally (GoogleMaps). This enables PRO-ATC/X to calculate a proper Top Of Descent (TOD), which also prevents collisions with mountains. Therefore we recommend to enable this option.

Request other STAR
Beside SIDs now other STARs can be requested as well. Note, you can only request for a different STAR as long as the entry point to the STAR (STATS) is not reached or when already passed and the distance to it is below 10 NM.

Alternate Airports
You may now define an alternate airport for departure.
A primary alternate for destination must be defined when planning a flight.
You may additionally define a secondary alternate for destination.
Note that alternates for destination can only be requested as long as you are connected to a Center, Radar or Approach Controller.

Aircraft Supported
All default FSX.
PMDG-737 NGX
PMDG-747
PMDG-MD11
PMDG-JS41
Aerosoft-Airbus X Extended
All QualityWings

Language for Text Instructions and In-Flight Menu
Text instruction and the in-flight menu can now be displayed optionally in German

Improvements
In-Flight Menu
The In-Flight Menu has been re-structured with more categories. Most important features are always shown on the main menu, less important on submenus.

AIRAC Import and Scenery Alignment
AIRAC import has been optimized. SID and STAR procedures are not anymore imported during this process, which makes it much faster. Instead SIDs, STARs and Approaches are imported when using an airport for the first time after new AIRAC data has been imported. Runways and com frequencies are aligned with the installed scenery at the same time. This step is done once after new AIRAC data has been imported. So next time using the same airport, PRO-ATC/X reads this data out of it's database.

When installing a new airport scenery you don't have to re-import all the data again. You can now open the specific airport "Data->Airports" and then click on "Re-Align with scenery", so only the selected airport is re-aligned.
Runways to short for selected aircraft model
This now results in a warning but you can still do the flight if you mean you can.

Fixes
Reloading a saved situation now works as it should. Please note: Flight situations saved with an older version are not compatible.
Lots of other issues have been fixed. To much to be mentioned here.

How to install the update
Simply extract the whole content of 'proatcx_1144.zip' into the PROATCX folder and overwrite existing files.
Please also make sure PRO-ATC/X is not running while doing this.
Further information under Help/Updates...

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

When this program adds a few more voices and talks to AI traffic around me then ill jump on board. As of now i just can't get over the pre-recorded chatter, it ruins the immersion for me. Anyone know when this addition is being planned??

Nick Running

According to one of the devs on their forum, the control of AI on the ground is coming "VERY" shortly after the release of 1.2. Hopefully within a month, as I cannot stand the pre recorded chatter myself too. But this definitely beats stock atc, and almost to the level of RC 4.3.. I think the only main thing missing now is the control of AI on the ground.. This program is worth the money so far, the devs are very active on the forum and provide constant updates on their progress, unlike some big companies I wont mention.. 

Kacper Nowotynski

When this program adds a few more voices and talks to AI traffic around me then ill jump on board. As of now i just can't get over the pre-recorded chatter, it ruins the immersion for me. Anyone know when this addition is being planned??

Why wait? It's infinitely better than default FSX ATC and a generation beyond Radar Contact 4. Sure, it's missing a few niceties, but the support and ongoing development rigor demonstrated by Pointsoft suggests that ProATC/X has nowhere to go but up. Why not nudge them along with a little of our hard earned cash?

Why wait? It's infinitely better than default FSX ATC and a generation beyond Radar Contact 4. Sure, it's missing a few niceties, but the support and ongoing development rigor demonstrated by Pointsoft suggests that ProATC/X has nowhere to go but up. Why not nudge them along with a little of our hard earned cash?

I currently own RC and correct interaction with AI is a MAJOR selling point for me. I don't want to hear random chatter. If a AI is in front of me for takeoff i want to hear ATC clear them, not random pre-recorded chatter. I make a point to only buy products that i would be satisfied with "as is". There is no guarantee development will be continued (not trying to say this program will be that way).

Nick Running

I wanted to try ProATC but I wacthed the youtube videos and the voices are just awful, they talk to fast and I cannot understand alot of it, I'll wait to see if they improve on it and then take the plundge, Im glad to hear the developers are working at it though,.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Add a voice interaction (via MCE for example, as RC or stock ATC right now) and I am in ASAP.

I am very happy the ProATC-X is constantly developing. Good work!

According to one of the devs on their forum, the control of AI on the ground is coming "VERY" shortly after the release of 1.2. Hopefully within a month, as I cannot stand the pre recorded chatter myself too. But this definitely beats stock atc, and almost to the level of RC 4.3.. I think the only main thing missing now is the control of AI on the ground.. This program is worth the money so far, the devs are very active on the forum and provide constant updates on their progress, unlike some big companies I wont mention.. 

I wanted to try ProATC but I wacthed the youtube videos and the voices are just awful, they talk to fast and I cannot understand alot of it, I'll wait to see if they improve on it and then take the plundge, Im glad to hear the developers are working at it though,.

The videos on youtube that Ive seen have been with old versions. I wouldnt say awful, as there is variety you can setup. I woudnt say fantastic, but they are certainly not very robotic sounding in the least. 

In the meantime, I am using FSX ATC to hear the  discussions with AI. You end up with some crossover talk with proatc,but it suits me for the time being. 

Just did my first flight with the new update. Have to say what an improvement. The moving map that gives details as to what ProAtc is reading and expecting is wonderful. Nice improved layout.

I got vectors to my first waypoint after takeoff on the SID.  As for the STAR, while the approach control contacted me kinda late, all altitude restrictions were nicely adhered too. This is a big fix, as it disregarded before. It brought me into a straight in approach to the ILS. 

I did not test the use of Alternate destinations, or emergency as I was not in the need or put in those situations.  But have heard good reports.  

There is a couple minor discrepancies I mentioned on the forum, but im sure they will be duly noted, unless my errors. 

The biggest thing here, is Mourad and Clive listen. They have worked really hard, and it shows. Active development is so key. Why skeptical at first buy, I am pleased to give them the money in order to be inspired to improve and carry on. Its for sure on its way to take the Pro in ProAtc as Professional as it can be within the limits of Flight Simulator without being human. 

Nice work guys. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

There is an simple tool which lets anyone contribute their vocal chords. In fact the more enthusiasts that donate their own voices to ProATC/X the better it will be. In terms of AI interaction this program is nearly there. In terms of everything else it is now way ahead of RC4. Those early videos should be updated though I agree, as ProATC/X has come on leaps and bounds.

The biggest thing here, is Mourad and Clive listen. They have worked really hard, and it shows. Active development is so key. Why skeptical at first buy, I am pleased to give them the money in order to be inspired to improve and carry on. Its for sure on its way to take the Pro in ProAtc as Professional as it can be within the limits of Flight Simulator without being human. 

Nice work guys.

I totally agree with you. This is the go-to add-on for FSX along with he likes of FSBuild and Topcat.

As for voices, maybe we could persuade Arnie Schwarzenegger to use the voice tool :P

Thanks for this Guys

Yes, voice is coming, plus lots of other ATC stuff to, like holding patterns and random vectors due to traffic and the 'AI on ground control'

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I don't like the canned chatter either but I think people are missing the point.

If you turn that off, given that most if not all the frequencies you'll be assigned are the ones FSX uses, you'll hear FSX ATC communicating with the AI traffic around you on the ground and in the air in the normal way.  

OK, that's cosmetic and not quite the same thing as ProATC doing it,especially on the ground.  In the air, the FSX ATC was useless at advising you of conflicting traffic anyway: a warning at 10 miles separation isn't much help at a 900 mph head-on closing speed.   The absence of those warnings in ProATC actually keeps you awake and your eyes on the TCAS, which is probably quite a bit more realistic!

The mix of accents is a bit odd but you get used to it and anyway, in FSX it was American accents all over the world!  As someone said, the more people that record their own voice sets the better, although it may be better to wait until the updates are substantially all done and the vocabulary is more or less fixed.  

ngxu_banner.png

Can't wait it's a bonus for FSX that devs are still developing and trying to give us good quality products.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

currently has 26 voice packs to process :lol:

You can setup whatever you want in the 'background ATC'.

You don'y have to have UK or USA everywhere you fly, its up to you. Providing you have the 'chatter' files

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I'd like to see how it measures up against FSX.  FSX's good points:

• Doesn't crash FSX
  • Doesn't affect framerates
  • Interacts with AI
  • Vectors to final are, generally, good
  • Handles VFR
  • Handles SIDs/STARs if you put the fixes in.
  • Handles all aircraft...not just specific ones.

FSX's bad points:

• Frequency bounces
  • Let's go of VFR departures quite quickly
  • limited choices for approaches (no full IAP)
  • Sometimes vectors you into terrain
  • Traffic calls are rarely useful
  • No practice IAP approaches (something military and GA do quite a bit).
  • Can't ask to leave VFR pattern or for a full stop.
  • No altitude/speed restrictions...no holds...turns for separation...other things that are typical that ATC does.
  • No realistic class B, C, D handling (no VFR routes, restrictins, etc.)

Personally, I don't care about other features.  An ATC program doesn't have to have all of this but it should do better than the FSX ATC. 

RW, ATC really doesn't care much about alternates.  Most of the time the flight plan pops out of a computer and is just read off.  They may assign a preferred or TEC route. If you ask for practice approaches you're given a clearance, heading and altitude...you can switch from ILS to VOR to ILS to GPS

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM