Sign in to follow this  
Fido

Stuck at 12 fps no matter what!

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with my FSX setup for few months now. No matter what i tweak or do, FSX FPS is stuck at 12 fps, and i really have no idea what to do next. I experimented fsx tweaks generated by web automated tool, and tried different recommendation from different forums posts here on avsim forums and some where else.

I give up,and need help.

My system configuration:

HP 27 inch zr2740w

Inter quad core i7-2600K overclocked to 4.4 using water cooling, HT is enabled

32 GB installed RAM

1 TB 7200 RPM Disk

nvidia GTX 570 with 1280 MB GDDR 5 using nvidia driver 314.22

I would appreciate the input guys, i'm this close to my pc to charity :-).

Thanks,

I assume you checked the FPS slider in the options to see if its locked at 12 FPS?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

The target frame rate is set to 30 fps, and i'm not using any external fps limiter.

You could try removing the cfg and let the sim rebuild it, but back it up first.  What if anything did you do when it started to play up?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

I've done that, and still no go.

I tired process of elimination, and still no go. Could it be something to with hardware?

I've done that, and still no go.

I tired process of elimination, and still no go. Could it be something to with hardware?

I don't think so. Just check again fsx.cfg, nvidia inspector and nvidia control panel (nvidia inspector for fps limiter and refresh rates). Check your monitor refresh rate too. I don't know what external applications you have for fsx/grafic card etc, there are many posibilities.

You can post here Nvidia inspector settings, fsx.cfg. Did you use any of guides or tweaking tools?

I used the setting posted in the general section of PMDG forums, i'm using the setting 8xSQ version.

Even without any tweaks you should be seeing better than 12FPS.  Time to go back to basics and eliminate the variables.  "Uncheck" all your addon scenery.  Undo all tweaks. Default cfg file. Select a default aircraft at a default airport.  Clear weather, set sliders to 50%.  Still seeing 12FPS?

If so, re-install a past back up FSX (you do make backups, don't you?).  If not re-install FSX.  After re-install still seeing an issue.... then it's either Windows, anoth software conflict or last, maybe even a hardware releated issue (doubt that). Re-install a backup of Windows you know that is good.

I had a sound issue creep up on me so slowing I did not even realize there was an issue - then boom, where did that come form?  Went back about three months in my partician backups and issue gone.  Some update musta been the culprit. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

What is your monitor refresh rate set to? And is VSync enabled?

Vsync is enabled, and the refresh rate is 60 Hz.

I used to backup my fsx, until my disk crash, and i didn't continue after that :-(.

I'm just dreading this moment to re-install everything...

Maybe a stupid question, but when running CPU-Z - what speed is your proc running at? I know you said "4.4", but is it actually getting that? Same with the memory, which CPU-Z also shows..

Secondly, you might try removing some 24 GB of that ram, as your system isn't going to use any of it, unless you're using it as a virtual drive.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

try disabling hyper threading from all threading i have seeing it does nothing in FSX but create heat.

So its 12fps at ALL times, even on a clear day in the middle of the desert in the hang glider?