Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WingZ

Carenado Releases King Air C90 for FS9

Buying it tonight!!!

You beat me to the punch of posting the forum announcement...

The usual discussion will no doubt follow about this panel bit lacking, that avionic not this...

(Although there are some 2D popups for those who need 2D popups...)

But as mentioned I just love looking at the Carenado offerings!

C90fs92013-05-0107-44-24-78.png

and hallelujah! proof that round windows can indeed be done in fS9

C90fs92013-05-0107-53-21-35.png

Eh, they're pretty to look at, but that's it. I'm usually disappointed whenever I get one their products, but there have been a couple exceptions.

but there have been a couple exceptions.

Please kindly name them.

but there have been a couple exceptions.

Please kindly name them.

I did enjoy the 208, 337, and 185, for FSX.

Got the 210 turbo for FS9, don't like it much.

'

I guess it's nice that there's at least a C90 for FS9 now, regardless of who it's from. I certainly commend Carenado for still doing FS9 stuff.

The following is quoted from my post over in the SOH forum:

This plane is insanely beautiful and packed with tons of animations and features - things like opening doors and windows in the cockpit - window polarizers and seat tables in the cabin - switch-click sounds in the cockpit - clean texturing, beautiful lighting.

If you thought the Carenado C-337 was beautiful, the Beech makes it look shabby!

I'm not a pilot IRL, but I have spent about an hour behind the stick of a real C-90. This rendition has the appropriate stick feel and the right sort of sounds to match. 

Regarding FPS, the framerates are not as good as the C-337s - but not bad, either. They're more in line with what I got from their C-208 or from the Bull Stearman. That's understandable, given the detail, but I think the problem might be the switch-click gauge sound rather than the detail... I think that it might therefore be a drag unique to my system (I've had to delete sound systems from some of my other aircraft for FPS reasons, too - but again, I think that might just be me.)

If you want to see how this looks in FS2004, take a look at the screenshots Carenado has posted of it - both for FS9 and FSX - and that's what I'm getting on my system. If I'm feeling particularly motivated this afternoon, I'll post some screenshots - but I think I might be distracted flying it!

I tested this bird out last night and I must say it's outstanding. Totally on the level of Aeroworx's offering.

Sadly the usual Caranado initial release bugs are present. Contact points need to be adjusted for this model and I can't stand the landing lights are slaved to the cockpit lighting. This is freeware type designing and needs to be fixed (landing lights slaved to the cockpit lighting that is).

I missed the window polarizers! thanks EM.

No contact points issue over here... and no sign of bounciness so far.

C902.png

I'm surprised at the lighting thing.

When the Baron was released I pointed them over here, to the fix by Ed.

I missed the window polarizers! thanks EM.

No contact points issue over here... and no sign of bounciness so far.

I'm surprised at the lighting thing.

When the Baron was released I pointed them over here, to the fix by Ed.

What's the fix for the landing light/panel light problem?  :huh:

What video card are you using?  Your screenshot looks awesome. 

It is certainly the hardest on FPS of their releases - but I'm still flying it around with no issue. Be SURE to run the DXTfixer!

Yes, perhaps Ed will work his magic on this one too.

It is certainly the hardest on FPS of their releases
No kidding... been a long time since an aircraft model made any difference to my FPS!

I have not purchased it yet WingZ.......but I will and see if I can fix whatever needs fixing.

Great plane from Carenado. I made a quick video of it:

Your FS9 world looks awesome! Then I realized who you are :)

You must have been asked this before but could you kindly share:

FS9.cfg, enb settings, ground & sky/cloud texture makers?

Much appreciated!

Nice clip feng, you forgot to tint the cabin windows with the polariser!

Your FS9 world looks awesome! Then I realized who you are :)

Yes feng is the original advertisement of why fs9 is a viable simulator, unfortunately he's forgotten the middle third of the 5,800 mods he's done. Also he runs it on a Sun parallel graphics workstation, slaved from a Cray Supercomputer.

How's the FDE and turboprop operation?

If this is important to you, I have just the aircraft:

fs92013-05-0214-31-10-57.png

If it's o.k. with you can I get a copy of your 'SweetFX_settings.txt' file?  Your settings seem to be perfect.  I saw a version for FSX (of course <_<  ) but yours may be better for FS9.

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/?page=3

Thanks in advance.

Well the sim is a fluid thing, and settings would have changed since the last screenshot... I also up the contrast in screenshots. I prefer less in the sim.

Have a go with the attached, it's really quick to fiddle with the settings even while the sim is running - and you can't break the sim!   

Not really... you just change a (0) to a (1) to enable something, and they're described quite well.

We can carry on the discussion if you like, in the thread Ilnked to earlier.

All I care about is that Carenado is STILL hooking us up with FS9 gems! Way to go Carenado! You're supporting FOUR sims right now, and that's seriously impressive.

Thank you again!

Well the sim is a fluid thing, and settings would have changed since the last screenshot... I also up the contrast in screenshots. I prefer less in the sim.

Have a go with the attached, it's really quick to fiddle with the settings even while the sim is running - and you can't break the sim!   

Perfection!!!  Thanks...   Your config works perfectly.  I must say I have to disagree with you concerning the how the plane handles on the ground.  Braking causes the nose to sink drastically with the slightest pressure on the brakes.  It forces me to use the reverse throttle more than I normally would with minimal foot braking which it's how it's done in the real world.  I just don't know if mashing the brakes with the slightest pressure in the real bird causes the nose to dip the way it does with this model.