Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

New post from Steve on his WordPress site...

JV at Orbx posted that Steve's DX10 fix is expected to be released next week. Can't wait to try it out.

Once I get Steve's fixer, would I need anything else as well?  Wondering if I'd have to set AA and VSync manually?

Inspector settings still need to be set, but it's becoming a "no-brainer", as Steve has incuded a listbox (pre-release preview!) which enables one to choose the level of AA/CSAA within the Fixer, this then modifying the two settings which one currently has to enter manually in the fsx.cfg.

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4  and...  MultiSampleQuality=8

All that's necessary then, is for one to set the Transparency SuperSampling (SGSS) level in Inspector to the same number as the MultiSamplesPerPixel in the cfg file.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

One more 'Fixer' question: Does the fixer do any one-time massaging of installed aircraft or scenery files? Or to ask this another way, will add-ons (with known issues that are addressed by fixer) that are installed AFTER the fixer still be fixed automatically or does one have to process each add-on installed after the fixer? (I hope you all understand what I'm asking)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

So.... Scenario 1.. the Fixer was installed on your pc three weeks ago, and today you install Flightbeam's KSFO....  it will work dawn, day, dusk and night, without any action on your part.

Scenario 2 ..  You install your old Rick Piper freeware FS9 Chipmunk..... you will open up the ToolBox and "Tag" the aircraft.  It will then work per these photos. Don't you just love those clouds?

OK? :wink:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Is it right that the release of the fixer is planed for this week as they wrote in the Orbx Forum?

"Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

No the V1.1 patch does not fix the broken FSX DX10 shaders, you will need Steve Parsons' tool to do that, which is due for release next week.

We have now finished the SW USA edits, doing the last of the Africa edits then we will test it and release during the week ok? Thanks for your patience!"

Inspector settings still need to be set, but it's becoming a "no-brainer", as Steve has incuded a listbox (pre-release preview!) which enables one to choose the level of AA/CSAA within the Fixer, this then modifying the two settings which one currently has to enter manually in the fsx.cfg.

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4  and...  MultiSampleQuality=8

All that's necessary then, is for one to set the Transparency SuperSampling (SGSS) level in Inspector to the same number as the MultiSamplesPerPixel in the cfg file.

All the Best,

pj

Paul -

How does this work now? I am using dx9 for now as I await this release. I have nvidia inspector set up with it and working fairly well. I dont have those MultiSamplesPerPixel=4  and MultiSampleQuality=8 settings in my fsx.cfg though. I have not ever heard of setting these up to match the SGSS setting in inspector. I currently have (inspector settings) AA at 8xS [combined 1x2 SS + 4x MS] and I have AA - Transparency Supersampling at 4x SGSS. So what should those two settings in the fsx.cfg be?

Eric 

Tell Steve to HURRY, so I can win the PMDG 777 screenshot contest cause everyone knows DX10 lighting is WAY better than DX9 :)

So.... Scenario 1.. the Fixer was installed on your pc three weeks ago, and today you install Flightbeam's KSFO....  it will work dawn, day, dusk and night, without any action on your part.

Scenario 2 ..  You install your old Rick Piper freeware FS9 Chipmunk..... you will open up the ToolBox and "Tag" the aircraft.  It will then work per these photos. Don't you just love those clouds?

OK? :wink:

Yep! Question answered and makes perfect sense (kind of what how I expected it would have to work due to the comprehensive nature of the problem.) Thanks!

PS - the clouds are fantastic!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Paul -

How does this work now? I am using dx9 for now as I await this release. I have nvidia inspector set up with it and working fairly well. I dont have those MultiSamplesPerPixel=4  and MultiSampleQuality=8 settings in my fsx.cfg though. I have not ever heard of setting these up to match the SGSS setting in inspector. I currently have (inspector settings) AA at 8xS [combined 1x2 SS + 4x MS] and I have AA - Transparency Supersampling at 4x SGSS. So what should those two settings in the fsx.cfg be?

Naaah.... Sorry, Eric, You have to read the How-to doc, and a couple of other docs, load up DX10, set up the sim, working at your settings, and fly for a few hours - get your feet wet, before I can answer in any way which is meaningful to you. We could easily spend two solid days walking around Inspector, RadeonPro, DX10 and AA, and the differences between DX9 and DX10 from the OS point of view, the GPU's point of view - and FSX's point of view. Everything - including BufferPools and your hardware are covered, and it takes time to assimilate this.

Perhaps in your question the immediate answer is that Inspector-controlled plain AA doesn't work in DX10, but the GPU can respond to settings set in FSX and in the fsx.cfg, and those are two such settings. We do this manually at the moment, as the patches don't alter the fsx.cfg in any way, and only work by modifying the files within the ShadersHLSL folder. The Fixer, on the other hand does do this for us - we do choose the level of AA, and by that - the level of SGSSAA.

Hi, there is a status-update from the DX10 fixer in Steve´s homepage available.

Wulf

------------------------------------------------------

Posted by stevefsx September 6, 2013

The good news is that the product is essentially finished, bar any last minute bugs.

The current version is 3.11

Now, just trying to figure out how to actually sell it.

The good news is that the product is essentially finished, bar any last minute bugs.
The current version is 3.11
Now, just trying to figure out how to actually sell it.

Good news, but... If the sale process is not yet chosen, it could take months... Depends if Steve choose a lightweight/Paypal sale (but still need some delivery method/Website/protection/whatever) which could be implemented in a few weeks, or choose a more robust existing internet shop...

If the sale process is not yet chosen, it could take months...

Indeed... I am a bit surprised he apparently didn't think about it before...? I do however see the app is quite simple (how it looks, not all that goes on behind it ^_^ ) and the only really new thing wil be that it solves the FTX Global lights so in that regard I can wait a while longer. If Steve would have solved the DX10 tooltips problem I'd be a bit more anxious to get it!  ^_^

Indeed... I am a bit surprised he apparently didn't think about it before...?.....

Easy, easy ..... guess it's not his main job.  :rolleyes: 

Spirit

Whatever he does, it better have one of the best anti-pirate protections out there because sadly I can see tons of people feeling 'entitled' to a DX10 patch.