Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

24JUN13 - PMDG 777 Virtual Cockpit Preview!

Don't you mean Autunm (-;

Well the leaves do FALL during that season :)

I just hope there wont be another "silent month". I feel your pain Aaron. I do wonder why Rob wouldn't tell us what the activity is over there

Look at the bright side though! At least this isn't the level D 757 we're waiting for. That would be like waiting for the sun to collapse.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I just hope there wont be another "silent month". I feel your pain Aaron. I do wonder why Rob wouldn't tell us what the activity is over there/quote]

Because people will take whatever he says and turn it into some kind of "promise" that he will eventually "break" when the vague "timeframe" isn't met.

People are already reaching the limits of their tea leaf readings and astrological analysis these past few months.

It's kind of fun to watch, really.

Where did the idea it would be released this weekend come from?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

I would completely accept that. But please stop telling people that something is impossible.

Best regards

André Koloschin

Andre-

Well, since you presume that in 15+ years at PMDG we have only done things that were previously possible, and since you seem to come at me with the presumption that I'm largely just a bleeding idiot who is not up to the challenge, I keep my answer simple and to the point so as not to accidentally damage your presumption that you and everybody else that has ever wandered into this forum knows more than me and the other members of this obviously untalented team...

Again- completely ignore the 15+ years of innovation- and pay attention to only the following:

I have not said that it cannot be done.  What I have said (in many and various ways..) is that it cannot be done realistically, without creating a method to put precipitation and thermal activity into known places within the simulator that also mesh with the simulator's weather engine seamlessly and then working that information backward onto the cockpit display.

So yes- it CAN be done....

But it cannot be done as an effective use of PMDG's development talent in such a way that it makes it economically viable or worthwhile to do so...

I've spent a career using weather radar, and the garbage foisted off on this community as "weather radar" really isn't anywhere close to being useful or accurate.

Now please excuse me, I'm going to go back to my Flying for Dummies book and see if I can't figure out how to determine if the 777 has two, three or four engines.... 

It's kind of fun to watch, really.

AJ-

It is kind of odd, isn't it?  I ran for office and didn't have my words so closely parsed as happens here...  Then again- I lost.  Maybe nobody noticed I was talking.  :lol:

I've promised over and over that we WILL tell you the release date the moment it is set and final...  You guys won't wake up one morning and find it released unless you miss the forum for a few days and I happen to tell you during that period...

(That announcement isn't too far off...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I hope the servers will be able to handle the onslaught of release day.

Well I certainly can't wait for "not too far off"  :lol: !

I hope that there's not going to be a beta testing phase now. That's going to take even longer. 

I suspect people who want a product free of obvious bugs might disagree with you. We'll leave the untested releases to others, thank you.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I hope that there's not going to be a beta testing phase now. That's going to take even longer. 

You do want a beta testing process, when I bought the A320 from a certain developer right after it came out it was pretty much unflyable due to a few major and very obvious bugs (which they did fix in a few days but they could have put off release to incorporate the fix instead). Now its a halfway decent plane which is rather fun to fly but I wished that they fixed some of that stuff during beta vs issuing service packs for them.

I've promised over and over that we WILL tell you the release date the moment it is set and final...  You guys won't wake up one morning and find it released unless you miss the forum for a few days and I happen to tell you during that period...

Are you being serious? Seriously? No, seriously? Okay - okay - okay  :Straight Face:

Now please excuse me, I'm going to go back to my Flying for Dummies book and see if I can't figure out how to determine if the 777 has two, three or four engines.... 

That's an easy one, RSR. It has six engines. 737 + 747 (So 3+4) = 777. The 737 has 2 engines, the 747 has 4 engines, so you get 6 total engines on the 777.

Although it's also possible I've completely lost my mind.

determine if the 777 has two, three or four engines

Depends if you count the APU or not :P

APU is technically a small engine... isn't it?

:Applause:

I suspect people who want a product free of obvious bugs might disagree with you. We'll leave the untested releases to others, thank you.

Its amazing how many people want a release date - for any game/addon - ie call of duty's etc etc that have to be released on a certain date only for them to then moan about the amount of glitches/ers that there are - then moan about why updates have been released to fix said glitches/ers.

I don't/wont understand what all the hype is about, - sure its going to be another ace addon but why can't folk just fly what they have flown for all this time for just a little bit longer.

PMDG may enjoy throwing these little teasers out there for us/all but they want our money just as much as we want their aircraft, so it will be done when its done!

I am away back to my cave!