Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

24JUN13 - PMDG 777 Virtual Cockpit Preview!

I think Rob will announce the date, he said no surprises this time round. If my memory is correct, they released the NGX on August 6th 2011? (correct me if I'm wrong). 

I believe august 4th, Just curious, when did he say there where no surprises?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Andre, you're talking about creating an entirely new weather engine... so that we can have a weather radar!

Now I'm not opposed to a new weather engine (there are many shortcomings in the one in FSX), but a weather engine is not just some visuals and cockpit cosmetics (e.g. QNH). Rather, it would affect the entire flight dynamics package and would therefore have an adverse affect on pre-existing aircraft that are not designed around it (particularly more complex models by developers like and including PMDG).

Nothing is impossible - it's just that many things are impractical!

question regarding release in the past when did pmdg release the material was on weekends

weekdays early morning hours etc. what was the clue that they would release .

Michael r carangelo

Thursday, ALWAYS on a Thursday.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Just curious, when did he say there where no surprises?

I'm pretty sure Rob said a while back they weren't going to surprise us with an overnight release.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I guess since the 737 ngx was release in august of 2011 is it safe to assume that the 777 will be released in or about the same time then.

Michael r carangelo

I guess since the 737 ngx was release in august of 2011 is it safe to assume that the 777 will be released in or about the same time then.

Michael r carangelo

Hopefully not!  :lol:

I don't see why there would be another month long wait for a release of a plane that's "practically done". Not sure what's going on right now. Perhaps they are getting the video together along with a final release date. Or simply just getting things prepared, and putting the final touches on the final package. Whatever it may be, I really really hope it's not much longer. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't see why there would be another month long wait for a release of a plane that's "practically done". Not sure what's going on right now. Perhaps they are getting the video together along with a final release date. Or simply just getting things prepared, and putting the final touches on the final package. Whatever it may be, I really really hope it's not much longer. 

I'm wondering the same thing, Maybe he meant practically as in not yet into testing. If that's the case it's well into September :(

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Oh gosh, September? Once I started seeing daily images being posted to their Facebook page I was getting anxious and finally thought the release would soon happen after, then there was like a 7 week delay after that. No word, no nothing. Until last Monday, we finally saw cockpit pictures and I seriously thought we would finally get a release date the time around. Wish we would get more detail as to what is going on. I really hope that this video is the last step. I hope that there's not going to be a beta testing phase now. That's going to take even longer. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yeah, beta testing now will take us to the Fall.

spacer.png

I was on the understanding they were just putting together the tutorial flight package before release ?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, beta testing now will take us to the Fall.

Wait - who said it wasn't in beta? Rob stated about a million times last year they were never planning on even mentioning the words 'Beta Testing' in the 777's development. Which they've successfully achieved over a year later.

I highly, highly doubt release is longer than two months away - especially with Rob's comments on the forum. The way this whole preview was wrote, seems evident they have an extreme robust and 'practically finished' 777 on their hands.

Seems this wait has been completely easy compared to the NGX! I pray for you all awaiting the 744v2 that she isn't too far behind (-:

I highly, highly doubt release is longer than two months away

Not to nit pick but 2 months from now is nearly Fall.  :-P

spacer.png

Not to nit pick but 2 months from now is nearly Fall.  :-P

Don't you mean Autunm (-;

That's probably complete worst case - I.e. a bug that stops testing.