Sign in to follow this  
Da Flyguy

JetMax and PMDG

Hi Gentlemen,

I get a nervous twitch and start sweating every time I check out the ad from JetMax.

They claim it is compatible to use in conjunction with the PMDG NGX which is great news.

If I ever were to take that huge leap I believe I would be able to assemble there product without 

too much trouble, However I am not at all confidant linking separate gauges of the JetMax

product to work with the PMDG NGX.

Is it complex ? How do you assign for example the JetMax CDU to the NDX ?

Can anyone give me any advise ?. (apart from the cost of the JetMax  products :rolleyes: )

I am going to email them as well.

The more I can find out the better

Thank you,

Kind Regards ,   Rick Melcher

I believe that it's very simple to get a Jetmax product running with the NGX. They want simmers to be able to use a Jetmax module with a minimal amount of work, so I suppose that they have a configuration program. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

I'm a Flightdeck Solutions 737 CDU MX PRO user. I have it linked to NGX and since 1 year ago, the use of NGX CDU to prepare my flights, are thing from the past. I don't know about other items since I only own the CDU. I highly recommend it. Please, be aware that as JetMax products are designed for non-desktop cockpits, in order to use your CDU properly, you must have an old VGA graphic port available to attach it.

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Rick-

Peter Cos flew down to spend an afternoon with us here a few months back- and we talked a bit regarding the JetMax product line.

The goal is to make it as easy as possible for the user to hook up and start flying without the need to obtain an electrical engineering degree.

If you have questions, I STRONGLY encourage you to reach out to them at their published contact number/email addresses.  You will find them to be very friendly, honest and helpful.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

FDS is top notch, they will even go so far as remote in to your pc to help set things up. Never a worry with FDS, they are the flightsim hardware standards bearer.

I have their Jetmax 737TQ with stand and tiller being shipped to me on 20JUL13. I wrote Jetmax an email asking above. I will post my emailed question and their response below for your edification. So you know, I am going to try and do it without their Glare Application. I dont want yet another program running in the background eating up computer memory. I am going to attempt to get the 737TQ and Tiller going with just fsuipc and LINDA.

Peter,

I am trying to get a head start on knowing the system setup prior to delivery. I have just read the 737TQ manual and the short manual that deals with the FDS-Glare PMDG module. I have a couple questions if you will indulge me.

If I do not have the glare shield, do I still need to install the module? I see in the 737TQ manual that you can setup some functions directly via fsuipc for the NGX such as throttles, reversers, flaps, steering tiller. However later in the manual it describes setting up functions specifically for other software and not the NGX such as spoilers, parking brake, etc...  This leads me to believe that I will need the module to get the items not mentioned in the 737TQ manual to work correctly such as the fuel cutoff levers, parking brake, spoilers, A/T disengage, etc... Is this correct? If so do you set up those items through the module or does the module handle those items automatically in the background?

Or can you use fsuipc for all of it or perhaps LINDA software? If you can use fsuipc for the whole setup do you have any documentation for the offsets, etc... for the NGX with respect to the spoilers, park brake, etc...? Such as is in the manual for the Ifly software?  I got the impression that the module was mainly for the MCP hardware.

Sorry to be long winded. Just want to make sure I have a roadmap to set things up so I avoid any frustration later.

Response:

The following installation manual (link below) offers all the offsets for PMDG that the Glare software can interface with. The Glare software would need to be running for them to work. Even if you don’t have our MCP.

FDS Glare Application:

**Link Deleted as I do not know if they only send that to people that have purchased their product as I do not see the link they sent me anywhere on their website***

You can also go directly to the FSUIPC ini file and manually enter the PMDG SDK offsets.

Examples:

[buttons]

ButtonRepeat=20,10

1=P0,0,C70316,1

Eng 1 = 70320

Eng 2 = 70321

TOGA1 = 70316

This is a more advanced method. Along with LINDA. No support offered for these unfortunately.

Eric 

I have their throttle and I have interfaced it with FSX using FSUIPC. You do not need the glare software. The only trouble I had was assigning offsets for the fuel starter switches...I think in the end I simplified things by just assigning it to keystrokes -- ctrl-shift-F1, ctrl-shift-F2 for fuel start, cutoff, etc. 

I am not too sure how efficient the NGX will run with undocked gauges -- AFAIK FSX can't ben run in full screen?  

I also don't like running other additional layer applications -- there are other cockpit builder suites out there which simplify things tremendously but they are *expensive*. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I have their throttle and I have interfaced it with FSX using FSUIPC. You do not need the glare software. The only trouble I had was assigning offsets for the fuel starter switches...I think in the end I simplified things by just assigning it to keystrokes -- ctrl-shift-F1, ctrl-shift-F2 for fuel start, cutoff, etc.

So you assigned those key strokes in fsx and then went into fsuipc and assigned those key stroke combinations to the fuel start switches via fsuipc?

I BET this is where LINDA would come in handy.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

I used the NGX control Codes with FSUIPC for the cutoff levers on my JetMax TQ.

Engine 1 = 70320  

Engine 2 = 70321

Parameter 0 is off, 1 is on.

Just be sure to add 

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

to the 737NGX_Options.ini file

So you assigned those key strokes in fsx and then went into fsuipc and assigned those key stroke combinations to the fuel start switches via fsuipc?

I BET this is where LINDA would come in handy.

These are default key combinations in FSX to turn the fuel levers to idle. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Rick-

If you have questions, I STRONGLY encourage you to reach out to them at their published contact number/email addresses. You will find them to be very friendly, honest and helpful.

Peter surprised me very nicely when answering to a help request to a minor issue I've posted in FDS forum, I called me (yes, to my cell phone). Then we started a Skype session and gave me some instructions to try to solve the issues. A Platinum customer support service. In my opinion, FDS products are fully PMDG compatible. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk HD

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Man-----------You Guys make my mouth water. I have my Saitek Yoke & Throttle and would Love to be able to get another throttle.

But, I am happy with what I have. My wife wants us to have separate computers. I don't have a problem with that but can't do it yet.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi there, I have a JetMax setup, but I am unsure on how to program the Landing gear and flap gauge? Every thing else works great on the JetMax accept those items.

On the back of my IT SYS 3 card I noticed that there is two 12Vdc one for in and other out. I have one plugged in to the in but not one for the out, may that be the problem? I am running PMDG NGX . My LED lights don't light up on gear or flaps if any one can help that would be great.

Thank you.

Matt

Hey Matt, it's an old post - me too looking for Land Gear offsets. The ones in the PMDG SDK don't seem to work. Have trawled the net but only found 1 decent reference but using sim-connect which I don't use. Did you ever get it working?

As for the 12V out, that is just a nice thing FDS put in to be able to daisy chain to another syscard and essentially will use the same power supply. If you only have one card then you don't need to use it. 

But going on the post you probably know all this by now...

I have ordered the flightmax TQ. I am hoping I can use it with the PMDG 777 ad 737NGX with just the FSUIPC.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter