Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I guess it's fair play to give a warning....

I agree with some of what you've said, but comparisons aren't helpful.

I understand you don't find it personally helpful but I find direct comparisons between a product I'm considering buying and the one I'm currently using very useful. When I was thinking about whether or not to take the plunge with XP I found it very useful to hear about differences in CTD experiences. Actually if somebody had also mentioned that users of some Carenado aircraft have persistent CTDs in XP10 64 bit that might have helped me make a better choice of GA aircraft to buy.

Openly talking about both pros and cons helps people make balanced decisions, and it doesn't seem fair to deprive people of potentially helpful comparisons on the off chance that someone might unreasonably take offense at 'their' sim's faults being pointed out.

As for the trolling claim, If the OP hadn't have made a huge point of saying it wasn't a troll post, I wouldn't have posted my reply indicating I thought it was.

The OP did mention once that it wasn't a troll post. Erm, if that leads you to believe it's a troll post not sure how to respond to that... But we should probably all be careful with the word as it seems to be a reliable way to get a thread locked.

Lets keep smiling :-).

Always smiling Jess. Always smiling:)

Or we make a dedicated VS thread where anything goes. The warriors among us could fight it out there, and the rest of us could read for good entertainment.

In all seriousness that might not be a bad idea.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I want that dedicated VS Thread!!!!!!!!        :Black Eye:

I can fight for both sides!!!!  It depends on the day of the week, sometimes even the time of the day!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

First off I thought this was in the XP forum... Ha

Secondly I think one point needs to be made. FSX won't OOM unless you push it past how it was intended to run. Example LOD 6.5. don't get me wrong I do this too but I understand it may OOM. As long as you balance your settings (which still can be almost maxed depending on what and where you fly), FSX will not OOM. I recommend saving multiple cfg's for where/what you fly.

That being said I'm glad XP brings 64bit to the table. It's a newer product and I'm happy it works (for the most part) in 64bit environment.

The future of XP64 is exciting, lots of new upcoming addons... It's sort of getting to the point where MSFS was in its heyday (FS8/FS9 era).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In all seriousness that might not be a bad idea.

It was a serious suggestion on my part. I think the fun factor alone would make it worth it. Let's suggest a trial for a week or so, I'm sure it would be wildly popular and entertaining. And it might actually ease the tension in regular threads. If it fails, just close it.

I want that dedicated VS Thread!!!!!!!!        :Black Eye:

I can fight for both sides!!!!  It depends on the day of the week, sometimes even the time of the day!!!

I'm sure you would contribute jcomm  :lol:

I might be tempted too.. 

You know what, go for it. Someone should ask the mods first, but if people want debate the various merits of each sim, head to head in a battle royal, then go for it. Personally, I'll be watching with a bag of popcorn. Experience has taught me that debates like that end badly.

Still........ :-)

Let's think up some names for the new Versus Forum:  "The Pit"  "The Cage"  :lol:  :LMAO:

"The F(L)ight Club"

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

So I asked the moderators/top admins on here about it and the idea wasnt wildly popular. Any thread will be moderated according to the same rules, if anyone wants to start such a thread it's ok, but they suggested to not do so.

I think if we had a humor section at avsim it would be more appropriate. I might suggest that aswell..

I was reading the thread and didnt have anything to add so didnt post.

It didnt look to me like a troll,  the OP has posted in the forum a number of times and I know he is a fsx user and a new xpx user.   We are often getting fsx users asking about moving to xpx and comparisons have to be made.  

What he have here is similar, someone who has come back to report on things after using xpx for a while from the perspective of a fsx user.

I thought it was OK and it only went wrong when another member who had nothing to add to the thread jumped in and said something along the lines of why are you mentioning FSX in this thread.

Thats what took the thread off track and the irony is that it wasnt the OP.

What he have here is similar, someone who has come back to report on things after using xpx for a while from the perspective of a fsx user.

Yes, but one of those three special traits of XP listed as a reason to dump FSX, is certainly one that I'd love to debate. I'll win of course!

But...............I'll wait.

Yes, but one of those three special traits of XP listed as a reason to dump FSX, is certainly one that I'd love to debate. I'll win of course!

But...............I'll wait.

Sure but I have never had an OOM.  I have some other crashes in fsx but I have also had crashes in xpx.

64 bit is no silver bullet for crashes.   If software has bugs you are able to find them at some point.

I just took his post at face value from his experience, which is different from mine but at the end of the day the thread was going OK until someone decided that this thread had to change direction and focus on a FSX Vs.  thread.     

IMO, it wasnt needed.   I dont get OOM but some do, I dont need to say that I don't.   Surely any FSX user knows if they do or do not and can judge for themselves.