Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sac601

PMDG 777 Throttle 2D view

Is anyone know if there will be the throttle view with the B777 on 2D view. There is no with the 737 this is why I am not flying it.

Thanks

Al

Really no 2D panel? Doesn't make sense. It should be 2D and Virtual. I will not buy it if can't be in 2D.

Al

I will not buy it if can't be in 2D.

That will be your fault. You're going to miss the best upcoming addon. B)

What would you need 2D throttle view for? I understand why some people prefer using 2D over VC but I don't see why anyone would need to see throttle levers in 2D.

I stopped using 2D a long time ago, other than for overhead setup and such stuff sometimes depending from the plane.

Virtual cockpit with proper viewpoints for overhead and other important parts is just as practical. 

Regards

Joona L

I will not buy it if can't be in 2D.

You'll be missing out on some good stuff!

Yeah, interjection, not wanting to instigate a flame war, but:

I fully support PMDG's decision to abandon the 2d panels/pit, it is an anachronism, unnecessary, and sucks up development resources.

You're going to have to get with the times, sir.

I only really use the overhead sometimes in 2D as a popup, but other than that I fly the aircraft in VC, referring to NGX obviously!

Kind regards

Werner

While there is no 2D Panel per say, there are 2D 'Window Pop-Ups' that you will be able to utilize for tuning knobs and flipping switches, such as on the Overhead, FMC or Pedestal.

I only really use the overhead sometimes in 2D as a popup, but other than that I fly the aircraft in VC, referring to NGX obviously!

Kind regards

Werner

If you have opus or ezdok, set yourself up with a view looking directly straight at the overhead panel. That's what I did since panning at the overhead from captains seat is kind of hard to click buttons on the FO side of the panel. With opus I was able to set a a view for anything I want, Looking directly at the MCP, down at the throttle quadrant, down at the radio stack, Captain side, FO side, any any kind of external view you can imagine. You can then assign the panel to any kind of hot key combination.

Here we go... again... v44

Here we go... again... v44

Bah!

What else is there to do...?

Don't feed the trolls. They're fat enough in these parts.

Good day! I think if will not 2D panel, it will still be sold after some time on the simmarket as additional add-on)

Chvelev Sergey

Yeah, what he said ^

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I won the battle of psychics  :rolleyes:

Сергей Chvelev

Why do you need 2D? Are you running FSX on a potato?

Even though this is indeed the 100th debate on 2d vs 3d panels, may as well show my support for 2d panels (since I'm the minority).

FSX never ran well on my machine, I'm still primarily an FS9 user (looks just about as good as FSX on my machine, runs a lot better, and far too many addons that never supported FSX that I still adore). So, I feel for the people who support 2d panels still, for performance reasons. I sometimes fly the NGX in the 2d panel myself. However, in addition to machine performance, I simply find panning around and twisting my head to read labels and switches on a flat computer monitor to be very awkward. I'm absolutely still a fan of 2d panels. I'd sacrifice performance-hitting visuals of a VC for quality system depictions on a 2d panel any day.

I suppose I'll step out of the way of the flying tomato now.

Добрый день! Мне кажется если не будет 2D панели, она все равно будет продаваться через некоторое время на simmarket как дополнительный аддон)

Chvelev Sergey

Can you speak english so we all know what you're saying?

Even though this is indeed the 100th debate on 2d vs 3d panels, may as well show my support for 2d panels (since I'm the minority).

FSX never ran well on my machine, I'm still primarily an FS9 user (looks just about as good as FSX on my machine, runs a lot better, and far too many addons that never supported FSX that I still adore). So, I feel for the people who support 2d panels still, for performance reasons. I sometimes fly the NGX in the 2d panel myself. However, in addition to machine performance, I simply find panning around and twisting my head to read labels and switches on a flat computer monitor to be very awkward. I'm absolutely still a fan of 2d panels. I'd sacrifice performance-hitting visuals of a VC for quality system depictions on a 2d panel any day.

I suppose I'll step out of the way of the flying tomato now.

I was just trying to be funny with the potato thing, but I understand why some like 2D.  However, is the 3D not always running in the background anyhow?  I've never flown a flight post FS9 outside of the VC so I don't know if it actually hits the frames hard.  I also have a good machine.  

Sometimes I pop open the overhead on the NGX for a quick look, but I'm so familiar with it now I never need to use 2D.  

To those who can't stand the fact this is the 100th post on the topic, then just don't comment.  Hey, we are all getting a little bit bored with waiting for the product, and to be honest the forum is a little boring itself.  

I never clicked in to a thread about 2D before so I was engaged in this one.  I'm sure the OP also never clicked in to one, hence the new topic on the old topic.  Either that or he is a troll haha.  Who cares really?  

This plane looks so good and is needed badly in our hobby that I wouldn't care if it didn't come with a VC and only had 2D.  

:t0152: How many times are we gonna go there??

I guess as many as it takes until the whole entire population of our world learns that we're not getting a 2D panel.  What's the problem with that?  

There is nothing wrong in 3D panel, but some do not know how to use it! For convenience, you Ezdok camera + need a good system for a good FPS.

Sergey Chvelev