Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

Would like to ask a simple question from PMDG

McPhat cannot do PMDG repaint packages for profit any longer. That's the difference. And the first time someone made a sim as good as PMDG but there was no external model included, the b----ing wouldn't stop for years. It's not about livery availability, it's about weathering. Remember Flying Tigers Air Cargo? Remember what their 747's looked like? A flying oil leak. I have yet to see one of those aircraft done for any 747 FSX aircraft that looked like they really did in RL.

I flew on a SWA 737 several weeks ago that was faded out and the paint looked like it had been through several hailstorms. Beat to snot. That's what I want to see.

Nothing is preventing people from creating those kind of repaints for free. McPhat can't sell AAL repaints. AAL would shut them down. Anyone complaining to AAL about stopping another company from profiting from their product? Why should PMDG be any different? Their product, their choice. They work with other developers. I saw the guy from McPhats post and Robert replied properly. This issue won't get resolved in the forums no matter how much anyone complains.

Richie Walsh

Well... Here's my last word as the OP. First, if it was purely about IP rights, PMDG would have shut down McPhat years ago. I read that post as well months ago. My purpose in asking this question was to see if things have been worked out yet. My question on this thread was answered politely and cordially offline.

Second, at no point in this post have I complained, only pointed out facts and asked a question.

Third, as Austin Powers would say, "and there, I'm spent."

And now, I'm through with this thread, as my original question has been answered. Please feel free to discuss.

Cheers.

I personally wouldn't pay for a repaint, and very rarely do I download even freeware paints. If I want one, I'm going to paint it myself. That's the only way to improve.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I have great faith that PMDG will provide a stunning sim.

I don't care about liveries because I can't see them from the cockpit.

I also agree; like these people who want 'fully detailed virtual cabins' - get a grip for Christ's sake. If you want to experience the view from the cabin, it's pretty easy - Spend £30 on a Ryanair or $50 on a Southwest flight. The whole point in detailed addons is to experience as close as you can the experience from the seats you can't sit it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the same range and standard of community repaints that have been done for the NGX become available for the 777, we'll be more than well catered for.

Good topic but... What's a 777?

I've heard of such a beast but have forgotten about her.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

I have great faith that PMDG will provide a stunning sim.

I don't care about liveries because I can't see them from the cockpit.

Sir, you have a responsibility to leave the cockpit from time to time and do a walk around to inspect you aircraft before making your trip. 

As real as it gets :) just kidding.

I like the DC9 repaints that McPhat have made but as long as the 777 will match the paint quality of the 737 (and why should'n't it) i am more then happy.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I have to agree with the OP and have wondered why there are no McPhat paints for the NGX (until now).

Are the McPhat products over the top? Yes they are, but does this mean that I am not allow to like them?

One of my hobbies happens to be airplane photography (not spotting). I really don't care what aircraft is in the picture and don't like "as real as it gets" documentary type shots. I want to do "larger that life" photos, something that makes you go WOW! Sometimes my photos end up looking something like McPhat creations, where you can see every plate and rivet.

What comes to flying, I spend most of the time in VC. I only leave it to do a walk around and during push back (so that my flight will not come to a grinding halt due to crash with a ground vehicle). When I use the outside view, I like to look at something beatifull. This is where the re-paints come into the picture.

So if I and others happen to prefer McPhat paints. What is the harm in that?

Time to put this one to bed. It probably shouldn't have even been allowed in the first place as it's a discussion of internal business issues that users quite frankly don't have anything to do with.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com