Sign in to follow this  
Fede.

FTX Global delayed to next week

Just hope people don't forget about GEX when global comes out .

Why, I wonder...?  I see no reason to 'remember' an addon, even when it has served me well, when something better has come along. I don't really understand the emotion here. It's not like kicking your kid out of the house after a new one has been born... ^_^

I'm assuming that all one needs to do to remove GEX is go to the Control Panel and uninstall.  Is that all, or is there a better way to make sure it's remnants do not co-exist with Global?

Stan

XPX with OSM combined with photoreal get 40 to 60 fps with autogen cranked compared with 30 fps. Careless about PMDG, I fly for freedom not a canned route. ATC use VATSIM. Never 100% accuracy with ethier see way more potential XPX even with its flaws. Autogen will improve with XPX it won't with FSX.

Vatsims coverage sucks. OSM looks good in screenshots but they have crappy US coverage and if there's no entry then you are left with a barren landscape. Photoscenery is not my thing in the least and looks terrible low.

If you could careless about PMDG then cool. The rest of do care.

Yea yea X Plane has a lot of potential, still for your average airliner flyer right now FSX is still quite superior with all the high quality simulations like Majestic Dash 8 and PMDG 737NGX, FS2CREW/Multicrew Experience voice recognition (I'm not aware of that kind of stuff for X plane so far),

I'm assuming that all one needs to do to remove GEX is go to the Control Panel and uninstall.  Is that all, or is there a better way to make sure it's remnants do not co-exist with Global?

Yeah, I don't think you would face much problems even if you forgot to uninstall GEX and just installed FTX over it... After all it overrides default FSX textures so most likely it would override GEX textures with the same name too.

Why, I wonder...? I see no reason to 'remember' an addon, even when it has served me well, when something better has come along. I don't really understand the emotion here. It's not like kicking your kid out of the house after a new one has been born... ^_^

LOL funny that you put it that way. Am just saying am not a big GEX fan or anything but at lease don't throw away their stuff to the trash so quick . I know global will be outstanding when release might leave GEX in the graveyard if all goes well . If global future updates an Service Pack includes new features which am sure it will i guest that is like putting the nail in the coffin for GEX.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

XPX is not that bad....give the serious 3PD and Laminar developers some time....

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-30-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-11-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-20-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-4-910x503.jpeg

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-15-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-21-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-10-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-12-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-24-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-32-910x503.jpe

SimHeaven-the-Netherlands-31-910x503.jpe

is this XPX stuff for FSX? I don't seem to be able to find it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

is this XPX stuff for FSX? I don't seem to be able to find it.

LOL, XPX only.

http://simheaven.com/  "The Netherlands"

What I like best about it is that we don't see any roads cutting buildings and tiles in half, (just my own liking).

I can't post the link of the article since it's from another sim news (don't want to break the Avsim's rules).

So what you are going to do with GEX when global comes out ? JV said you can't run both GEX an Global because both do the same thing . So is GEX or Global as i see it  . Just hope people don't forget about GEX when global comes out . I know for sure GEX user like myself will stop using GEX for a while when FTX Global comes out .  :/

Well, GEX will be there in my default back up. I can always go back to it, I guess,... but from what I see of the previews...I don't expect that I will, as it presently is. My P.O. of course, but I see FTX Global as superior viewing at this time.  Of course things can change in a heart-beat.

Stan

Stan, if you have GEX already installed when FTX GLOBAL does its thing, it will back up THOSE textures (GEX) as your default. All you'd have to do, is to uninstall FTX Global..and there you have it....GEX driven by UTX landclass once more.  Easy as pie!

Stan, if you have GEX already installed when FTX GLOBAL does its thing, it will back up THOSE textures (GEX) as your default. All you'd have to do, is to uninstall FTX Global..and there you have it....GEX driven by UTX landclass once more.  Easy as pie!

True, but... I don't own GEX but I think (or can imagine) that if you do it like that and you decide to uninstall GEX anyway after a while, you may accidently uninstall the FTXG textures since those are in the spot where GEX thinks its textures are... if you know what I mean. If you DO want to uninstall GEX 'officially' later on, you will FIRST have to manually rename the texture folders to make sure the default one (with the GEX textures) will be the active one. (FTXG will rename the default folder n order to save it as a backup).

Someone who owns GEX may chime in here but it is something to be aware off.

Well, GEX will be there in my default back up. I can always go back to it, I guess,... but from what I see of the previews...I don't expect that I will, as it presently is. My P.O. of course, but I see FTX Global as superior viewing at this time.  Of course things can change in a heart-beat.

So, it's literally automatic.  That's incredible.  I'm assuming it will ask before doing it, but that makes it so easy.

Stan

I have all the GEX textures, and while I think that they are an improvement over FSX default, from what I've seen so far FTX Global textures are better.  This is purely my opinion, of course.  Some might think GEX is better.  I've always thought that GEX textures aren't green enough overall.  The FTX Global textures just look more realistic.

Now we need more accurate vegetative landclass for most of the world.  UTX takes care of the urban landclass for some areas, but I have yet to find a decent vegetative landclass.  Hoping ORBX openLC will take care of this.

Personally, I think these products, FTX Global, openLC, FTX Regional Scenery, etc., will give FSX a new lease on life.  I've had it now since 2006, and as much as I love flightsimming, it is starting to get a bit old, i.e. seeing the same old scenery every time I use it. 

These are indeed exciting times for we flightsim enthusiasts.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

XPX is not that bad....give the serious 3PD and Laminar developers some time....

(Pictures cut out...)

Like I said. It takes good screenshots when you've spent the time to get OSM and photoscenery converted and working right but even then only small areas look like your screenshots. And you have to hope your area has decent OSM coverage and when it doesn't, you're left with nothing. If you fly in Europe, you can get away with it. In the US, only the most populated cities have any real substancial data. My hometown for example has a single building marked in OSM and it's not a small city.

No one said it's bad though. It's just still missing a lot of stuff. I've been watching the progress for two years now since XPX came out to see if they plug some of the major holes and to be honest, they haven't gotten to the first one, whether it be AI, ATC, default airport buildings, seasons, fixing the issues with the plausible world stuff, waterclass, etc. I'm glad the got 64 bit in but 64 bit doesn't mean anything if it's not used with some viable improvements to major features.

For those that like VFR flying and don't mind putting the time into OSM, then by all means I encourage them to have a ball. For airliner ops, it's just not very viable yet, especially in the U.S. One day I'm sure it will be but that day is a long way off.

give the serious 3PD and Laminar developers some time....

I've read that so many times...

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Sticking with the modified textures I'm already using. Just about every place I currently fly is already covered by FTX regional scenery which is way better than FTX Global. Some of the GEX/FTX textures I currently use in non-FTX regions are just fine thank you.

Mike, please be aware that modifying or repurposing any of Orbx's textures is strictly against the EULA and is not permitted. You own a license to use our software, not the right to manipulate it or modify it. Sharing your EULA breach on public forums is not a wise thing to do. If we see mention of it again I'll approach Stephen or Tom so I can contact you via our legal counsel.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png