Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Hodgson

Not impressed with Global

FTX global cost same like only 2 GEX (or UTX) regions... To cover whole world with GEX would be at least 230$(and this is not whole world, some regions are "coming soon" - additional purchase, of course). Now, how much cost to cover allmost whole world with GEX + UTX? UTX has approximately same price like GEX, so at least 500$!

And if you want to install this in P3D you need to buy separate version which is the same, but you need to pay twice! 

Do you still think FTX global is expensive?

Roger Hodgson......aka NickN?

lol

LOL! would not be the first time...

If you want an 11 minute unbiased video review of FTXG without ENB, Shade, fancy editing, effects, and also uses the NGX, search YT for 8ZDhp2Py0eU

That video is still not "vanilla" FTX.

I don't understand the development bashing that seems to go on because its really not very constructive. This product is in its infancy still and will require much development work to get it to a standard that is satisfactory. The way I see it and I'm making these numbers up is that it took 100% effort to make 90% of the FSX world look really good. It will take another 100% effort to add LC which will probably make what has been done so far even better and correct another 8% of the FSX world. Then it's a case of diminishing returns because I'm sure that their are other areas where know one ever visits that may not be right due to limitations with FSX. Then it's a case of adding the glitter to already great places or making others glitter that still need it.

I'm guessing the developers needed to release the product as is because a greater percentage of the world looks great and a small percentage doesn't but will be fixed with LC. this is what pays the bills and allows further improvements to be made.

I must point out that I'm not defending anyone as I'm sure the dev's are all big enough and ugly enough to take care of themselves. As someone once said your always judged by the last thing you did badly not by all the amazing things you may have done prior to making a mistake. The commercial world is a tuff place and to make a completely trouble free product takes time and an unlimited budget, both items are nice to haves.

When the product is complete everyone will think the sun shines out of the dev's proverbial and until sunrise they have to ride the storm of dev bashing, its how the negatives are dealt with on both sides that determines each persons limitations.

Hope you didn't tell your son how much you hated his gift. Just like the ugly tie or sweater, you should try to seem appreciative.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Just wondering why ORBX did not bundle the landclass with Global to avoid this problem. If not bundle then at least release both at the same time? (btw, I don't own this product).

There is a demo area - baltics region.

LC takes time to implement and orbx/ftx has a timeline when they will be releasing them. Apparently they will also come with additional texture packs.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

There is a demo area - baltics region.

LC takes time to implement and orbx/ftx has a timeline when they will be releasing them. Apparently they will also come with additional texture packs.

I've yet to buy this purely because of time but I am well aware of what the product contains. I would rather have the textures released now with LC to follow than wait several months for both to be released together.

Roger Hodgson......aka NickN?

lol

Hee hee, like it...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I don't understand the development bashing that seems to go on because its really not very constructive. This product is in its infancy still and will require much development work to get it to a standard that is satisfactory.

[...]

I don't think it's all bashing, and FTX Global is sold as a final product (not beta) so it can be reviewed as such. The ongoing development is for other payed add-on products (Open LC).

From what I read - I don't own Global myself yet, but will probably buy it soon- some people complain about some desert textures being to greenish. So even with proper landclass it shows up as to green to their liking. I think that's a fair observation in some cases, but again, I can only judge by screenshots from others. So if people can comment on it in normal words, I don't see that as a problem.

Not everybody has an unlimited amount of money, so people want to know exactly what they pay for. It's just that emotions get in the way very fast on this forum and others.

I personally have been very impressed by it. Yeas it doesn't have the quality of a full ftx region its not supposed to. I do understand the criticism though. It's not a cheap addon for 'just' textures. I have utx Europe and the quality in combination with ftxg is astounding.

Little surprised at JV's attitude though on this forum.

Just wondering why ORBX did not bundle the landclass with Global to avoid this problem.  If not bundle then at least release both at the same time?  (btw, I don't own this product).

I think because they thought about adding OpenLC while they were already working for some time on FTXG. I can imagine they didn't want to leave a product like this lying around for another half year (if not longer!) just so they could release it together with OpenLC. That would be a waste of money they will probably (also) spend again on the development of OpenLC. Creating stuff like this costs money and obviously you want to get the money in a.s.a.p.

Another reason could be the cost of the addon. Releasing it with all OpenLC included would make the addon to pricey for a lot of people. Being able to buy FTXG now and one or two or more OpenLC somewhere in the coming year will be a lot easier to do for a lot of people.

I think the statement is "couldn't care less" :) IF you could care less, then that means you do care a bit :)

Thank you, Paul. I keep trying to tell people this, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I guess they couldn't care less :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Never a truer statement spoken. The vocal minority always seem to make headlines on forums. Typically they represent less than 0.5% of those who purchased the product, likely less.

99.5% of those who purchased FTX Global aren't posting on forums, but enjoying flights in the sim.

In Roger's case, he called our product "an abomination" which did not endear him to us to be honest. There are more tactful ways to communicate to a product developer and expect a sympathetic ear.

What like go to their forum?...if we go to your forum and fart in the wrong direction u start cryin..your policies are pathetic. absolutly child-like pathectic-ness...honestly, my 5 year old nefu has more life skills than you do.

Julian, my approach is perfectly fine, it's worked for me and Orbx since our inception, and I don't do PMs and email - too busy for that and just not interested.

Some folks call me arrogant and that's fine, maybe it's the Dutchman in me.

I don't put up with BS, call a spade a spade and don't tolerate rudeness, impatience and the instant gratification that seems to be the norm these days.

I could care less about arse kissers (if you think that's what people do) but I do get my back up at the vocal minority who post mainly to feed their own egos and agendas.

People know how I operate by now and those who don't like it can choose to not buy our products because of my style, again I could care less really.

Indeed you are arrogant. To come to a public forum, whitch has far more hits than your own and openly say that you do not care for customers with problems (lets not get it mixed up, the OP was made here because he felt safe posting here - if this was posted at your forum - the forum where people go to find out solutions to problems - it would have been deleted instantly - as all you want your forum to do is to lead people to believe the sun shines out your rear end)

....you dont put up with BS...well blow me down, i thought u thrived on it....you certainly create enough of it...

Also just love how you try to turn things around..lol..

Thing is, JV, is that you have an attitude that you are above your customers..like it or not, you are not.Your buisness success is in OUR hands, not yours..so carry on, act the big man that needs noone's money, who live on fresh air and pay bills with chocolate buttons....you know where im gettin at..

Anyway, your not worth the effort its taking me to push the keys down on my keyboard

i will finish though, with ''And you wonder why your products end up on sites you'd prefer them not to be on''*

(your high and mighty comments only fuel things like that* :) )

Think about it..

( * i do not encourage this, i will add.)

No offence - just a no BS reply.

Indeed you are arrogant. To come to a public forum, whitch has far more hits than your own

of  course  there are more  hits  on this  forum  then  on orbox  since not  every one has a   orbox  product

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What's the problem here? If you don't like it, don't buy it! There is a demo... There will allways be different opinions...