Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Hodgson

Not impressed with Global

Not from where I'm sitting ...  10' from a 58" wide screen and still too small.

What?

Really?!? Only 58" screen LOL...could have gone a little bigger!

Sorry, I am blessed with only using IE8 at work and acts wonky from time to time...I never set that size...lol. Maybe I'll get back to work now... :P

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

heaven forbid if you use the other region textures or library objects to create your own representation

You do that and it's: go directly to jail; do not pass go, do not collect $200 (or is that $100 with FTX Global).

People know how I operate by now and those who don't like it can choose to not buy our products because of my style, again I could care less really

This is exaclty why I do not buy your products any longer. It is sad that you could care less...

Not from where I'm sitting ... 10' from a 58" wide screen and still too small.

Wow, that's three times the size of my monitor!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What a laugh...two camps have formed.

1. The camp of FSX users that decided to drop the coin, and are enjoying the results.

2. The camp of 'didn't invests' that are enjoying building a case for why they won't.

------------------------------------------------------------

Who cares why they won't?  I mean, really....you either buy, because you WANT IT, or you don't....

I wanted it , I bought it, I am immensely enjoying it. I will enjoy my selective OpenLC landclass 'tune up's when they come....

I have never seen the like of such posting energy, from some who haven't even bought the flippin' program. What can they really comment upon?  What?!?!?

Critiquing SCREEN GRABS?!?    WHAT A LAUGH!

As Larry Adamson, stated so well....those that actually BOUGHT FSXG are not vocal, other than a few they love it strings. They are using, and enjoying what it brings...   Not too many  GENUINE..."I have bought this, and it does not enhance any part of the world that I fly in....or ANY of the world that I enjoy flying over".

Gawd...... 

^agreed...alot of first world problems in these threads...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I agree 2000% with this topic.

FTX GLOBAL IS A WASTE OF MONEY GENTS!!!

Spend your $91 on something else, and what do you get in return? A developer who is rude when you post your suggestions, and claims "its perfect".

I think the problem here is that the OP and a lot of users are criticizing FTGlobal  because they didn't understand what they were buying.I have seen plenty of posts saying that this area is too green that area is too brown this is red thats yellow.This is a Default Texture replacement set..Nothing Else.

Let me also say i use the OrbX forum,always been treated well.Maybe i just know how to ask a question politely.

Go into some of the Pubs in london i used to drink in and tell them ..YOUR BEERS CRAP AND YOUR BARMAIDS UGLY..You would be asked what window you'd like to be thrown through..good manners cost nothing

just my 2 cents

steve

Critiquing SCREEN GRABS?!? WHAT A LAUGH!

How else are we supposed to decide?  I'm not spending $91 to find out it does indeed look like the majority of the screenshots I've seen so far.  For me, still trying to decide what to do here, I see two different representations.  The pics on Orbx website look pretty darn good.  The pics users have posted here, not so much.  So it is very hard to decide between what you're actually going to get and what is "marketing".

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

@Lyle

He never claimed that its perfect...its a WORK IN PROGRESS. Maybe you should own a copy before commenting.

I primarily have GEX NA and freeware of Europe, couple of factors for my purchase:

1. To purchase the rest of the world would have cost me a lot more, cheaper to purchase FTX Global.

2. The night lighting effects with 0 FPS lost is not attainable anywhere else plus is a bonus with the textures globally.

3. Comparison shots did not bother me, just reaffirmed that it is a good product.  There is always some give and take from product to product.

4.  I know there will have to be subsequent patches to fix issues, those do not bother me and the developers track record I know they will be addressed at some point.

All the other information I gathered, processed and decided it was the right purchase and have never looked back.  

LW

Spend your $91 on something else, and what do you get in return? A developer who is rude when you post your suggestions, and claims "its perfect".

Lyle do you own FTX Global??..don't think you do

steve

Find that quote about it being perfect, and I will buy you a copy. They actually said many many times it isn't and isn't going to be. 

Guest tymk

Have you actually bothered to read any of the discussion you're referring to? What on earth has naming a topic "It looks terrible" and calling the product "an abomination" got to do with "posting suggestions"?

Go into some of the Pubs in london i used to drink in and tell them ..YOUR BEERS CRAP AND YOUR BARMAIDS UGLY..You would be asked what window you'd like to be thrown through..good manners cost nothing

I couldn't have said it better, this is a perfect response to the whole "I'm a 'paying customer' so I have the right to come to your place, give you crap in public and insult you and your staff" mentality...