Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Hodgson

Not impressed with Global

Guest ecg

The strange thing here is how many developers demonstrate or even explicitly say that they don't care about their customers. The freaky thing is that they seem to be proud of it, too.

The good thing is that there are enough decent developers out there, too.

Also I don't think that the "only 0.5% of the customers criticise in forums and the rest is happy" argument is valid. A lot of customers never ever write in a forum.A lot of people don't say anything because they don't want to waste more time and energy in a matter because they realize that it pointless anyway...or want to avoid a conflict.... or in some extreme cases don't want ot be thrown out of a forum because criticism is not wanted or accepted.

My take is they (JV) does not care about the "customers" who can't take the time to understand what the product is, how it works and then vehemently complain and criticize based on ignorant assumptions. There has been a plethora of information about global on the Orbx site explaining what it is, what it isn't, how it works.

I don't always agree with JV or his methods. But he is upfront about it.

I seem to remember Tom responding similarly to posters criticizing the File Library changes a while back. Constructive criticism is welcomed but the " this sucks" type posts are not tolerated

The GEX dev also reacts similarly when inflammatory posts are made regarding their product.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lol!... inspired! ...... I thought the same   :lol:

There is something unauthentic about the OPs post to me ...... It starts off very much along the lines of "I'm a Grandpa and don't really know much about this sort of thing....", then goes straight into comments and comparisons about GEX/UTX ...... clearly he knew what this product was and was not in my opinion.

I would bet this is an established user, with a drum to beat about Orbx, who is parading as someone completely without agenda, "just happening to say" that FTX Global is no good....

Strange.

Yes, i saw when he started this topic, and that was my first thoughts too. It reminds me of what happened on Flightsim Estonia not so long time ago... 

Alain

Hypothetical question.

I book a flying lesson with you ...I arrive at the airport...i see you standing by your aircraft and say....

your a Sh&*t pilot and your Aeroplanes a F&*$in rust bucket...would you teach me to fly?? or open the door and push me out at 5000ft

Alain this isn't about loving or hating Orbx it's about having some manners when using not just Orbx forum ..but any forum.

best wishes

steve

Steve,

I operate a business myself dealing with repeat customers from all around the world, my products are VERY good, but I'm telling you that if I was talking to my customers the way John did in his post #13 I would lose a lot of them. I DO have customers that (for what ever their reasons are) do NOT use what I will call "Shakespearean literature" but they are PAYING customers and that's why they are getting away with it....bread and butter.

did you have any problems with global ultimate and windows 7? I was just looking at it on amazon and it didn't specify W7, - does FSG Europe make a big difference? and why did you pick that over any other mesh available?

:)

I picked FS Global by "accident", I did not know about FSGenesis at the time. No problem with Win7 64, I have all regions available of FSGU mesh.

23.png

Guest ecg

Steve,

I operate a business myself dealing with customers from all around the world, my products are VERY good, but I'm telling you that if I was talking to my customers the way John did in his post #13 I would lose a lot of them. I DO have customers that (for what ever their reasons are) do NOT use what I will call "Shakespearean literature" but they are PAYING customers and that's why they are getting away with it....bread and butter.

So you will let customers verbally abuse you for a profit.

Do you have a limit when it is too much and you would tell that customer they are not worth it?

JV obviously has a lower tolerance, but if it was severely impacting the bottom line I would expect it would change.

In a business relationship, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. John not only bites, he goes for the whole arm. <_<

"I picked FS Global by "accident", I did not know about FSGenesis at the time. No problem with Win7 64, I have all regions available of FSGU mesh."

what do you know about FSGenesis? and given the choice would you still go for global ultimate?

Edited by flyingnoob

Yes, i saw when he started this topic, and that was my first thoughts too. It reminds me of what happened on Flightsim Estonia not so long time ago... 

Where is the link to that? It was a pretty good investigation from the Estonia guys if I recall correctly..........

So you will let customers verbally abuse you for a profit.

Do you have a limit when it is too much and you would tell that customer they are not worth it?

JV obviously has a lower tolerance, but if it was severely impacting the bottom line I would expect it would change.

Show me where I said that.

"I picked FS Global by "accident", I did not know about FSGenesis at the time. No problem with Win7 64, I have all regions available of FSGU mesh."

what do you know about FSGenesis? and given the choice would you still go for global ultimate?

Fs Genesis and Global Ultimate are terrain mesh products (elevation data) for mountains and hills.

This topic is about FTX Global.........a texture replacement product, so Im not sure your question is relevant in this thread.

Interesting that JV doesn't tolerate rudeness, yet expects his paying customers to do just that.

Never thought I’d be ‘joining’ any of these band wagons, but they now have the last of my money they’ll ever get.  That’s okay though, ‘cos he doesn’t care apparently;-)

Fs Genesis and Global Ultimate are terrain mesh products (elevation data) for mountains and hills.

This topic is about FTX Global.........a texture replacement product, so Im not sure your question is relevant in this thread.

correct, but this was a thread about the ftxg product, and not "someone's attitude"and seeing as the initial subject is not being spoken about and has tended to go south, why have you picked my post out as being "off topic" there are at least 2 pages of posts you could have singled out.

I am not sure people talking about someone's attitude is relevant in this thread either - do you?

Where is the link to that? It was a pretty good investigation from the Estonia guys if I recall correctly..........

i think the last time when link was posted, that thread was closed. Just google "flight sim estonia bizzare customer "

Guest ecg

Show me where I said that.

"I DO have customers that (for what ever their reasons are) do NOT use what I will call "Shakespearean literature" but they are PAYING customers and that's why they are getting away with it....bread and butter."

OK maybe verbally abuse was a bit of hyperbole.

You tell me want you mean by this statement.

Interesting that JV doesn't tolerate rudeness, yet expects his paying customers to do just that.

Just so - having also been in business for myself in years past as well, the customer is always treated with respect, whether they are "right" or not, or are being a rude &@($* or not, because how you respond is noticed by others, customers you already have and might lose, or people who could be customers but perhaps won't be given how they take your response. Always, and I mean ALWAYS, being the more civil person in business discourse should be the rule - IMHO. 

A good response to these types of people, is to just simply say that you understand that they are upset, and that you would be happy to return their money since the product does not seem to be a good fit for them - and then leave it at that...

Edited by flapsdown