Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Hodgson

Not impressed with Global

of  course  there are more  hits  on this  forum  then  on orbox  since not  every one has a   orbox  product

careful with the overzealous use of spaces or there maynotbeenoughleftforotherstouse

What like go to their forum?...if we go to your forum and fart in the wrong direction u start cryin..your policies are pathetic. absolutly child-like pathectic-ness...honestly, my 5 year old nefu has more life skills than you do.

Indeed you are arrogant. To come to a public forum, whitch has far more hits than your own and openly say that you do not care for customers with problems (lets not get it mixed up, the OP was made here because he felt safe posting here - if this was posted at your forum - the forum where people go to find out solutions to problems - it would have been deleted instantly - as all you want your forum to do is to lead people to believe the sun shines out your rear end)

....you dont put up with BS...well blow me down, i thought u thrived on it....you certainly create enough of it...

Also just love how you try to turn things around..lol..

Thing is, JV, is that you have an attitude that you are above your customers..like it or not, you are not.Your buisness success is in OUR hands, not yours..so carry on, act the big man that needs noone's money, who live on fresh air and pay bills with chocolate buttons....you know where im gettin at..

Anyway, your not worth the effort its taking me to push the keys down on my keyboard

i will finish though, with ''And you wonder why your products end up on sites you'd prefer them not to be on''*

(your high and mighty comments only fuel things like that* :) )

Think about it..

( * i do not encourage this, i will add.)

No offence - just a no BS reply.

His business success is in the majority that happily use his products and don't even post on forums, the tiny percent that rant & rave and convince themselves they have the power to make or break a company are delusional. You are a tiny fraction of customers.

Exactly what was quoted a few posts back, its always the minority that are vocal..

Rob Prest

careful with the overzealous use of spaces or there maynotbeenoughleftforotherstouse

Wanted to use the whole page but couldn't think of anything else to add. :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

its a bit hard to read anything negative on the FTX forums  as any post is deleted straight away

in the case of the FTX forums success is only measured on how heavy they censor.....

how ever on my side of the screen, some areas do look 100% better but thats only with the addition of other landclass add ons like scenery tech

one thing I have noticed even with payware landclass, the middle east is very green, its nothing how i remember it, they must have had a lot of rain in the past few months

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

For anyone here who thinks that the landclass projects are going to be easy, consider this:  The FSX landclass world is made up of 1km x 1km squares, each of which needs a landclass to be assigned.  The total area of the earth (not oceans) is 148,300,000 sq km according to at least one internet source.  That means that there are around 148,000,000 squares of landclass data that need to be assigned by someone, sometime somewhere.  At a rate of one square per minute, it would take a developer 248 years to code the entire world.  Luckily publicly available data exists for most of the world, that is used by developers (in this case Microsoft) to populate the landclass in FSX.  

The problem lies with the interpretation of the data, which is mostly an automated process.  Different countries, authorities and cultures rate land cover differently.  The conversion process works well for most of the world, probably over 80% of the world could be considered to be reasonably accurate.  Of the remaining 20%, a percentage is acceptable, the remainder is unacceptable to those who have a personal knowledge of the area.  The degree of unacceptability varies with level of local knowledge and the level of acceptance of minor issues by the user.

The point is, with 148,000,000 landclass cells, each of which has the possibility of being perfect, imperfect but acceptable, or just plain wrong, some cells will always be wrong, or imperfect.  If only 1% of cells have data that the coding process interprets incorrectly or imperfectly, there will still be 1,480,000 sq km of terrain somewhere on earth that is displayed incorrectly, and that will always be the terrain that is noticed, not the 99% that is correctly interpreted.

Years ago when landclass first appeared and tools were released to allow a keen simmer to play with landclass (using an Excel spreadsheet of all things) I had a go at my local area.  It took me a whole weekend just to modify an area of around 50km x 20km, and the results were only halfway accurate anyway.  

When I see posts here and elsewhere asking why the landclass wasn't 'fixed' along with the MS textures I can only hope that my explanation here helps a little in understanding why they will be the subject of entirely separate projects.

People can't expect perfection with a program that is essentially just replacement textures. Even in an FTX region that has landclass, mesh, modified airports, roads, lakes, rivers and coastlines etc.; you still don't have perfection. Better than anything else available for FSX, you bet; but not perfection.

You have to expect to pay a great deal more than just $90 to $100 (depending on where you live) to fill the world with FTX region class scenery.

People can't expect perfection with a program that is essentially just replacement textures. Even in an FTX region that has landclass, mesh, modified airports, roads, lakes, rivers and coastlines etc.; you still don't have perfection. Better than anything else available for FSX, you bet; but not perfection.

You have to expect to pay a great deal more than just $90 to $100 (depending on where you live) to fill the world with FTX region class scenery.

heaven forbid if you use the other region textures or library objects to create your own representation

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Everyone should just relax...JV warned us over and over again on the Orbx forums what to expect. There was plenty of reading to do before release. Many, either chose not to read, or simply didn't know.

Point is that we should give this a little time. For god sakes, this is the BASE PACK. OpenLC will most likely make this product shine. IMO those who attack JV and Orbx are doing nothing to help this hobby grow.

How Orbx handles there own forums, is up to them. Don't be rude, obnoxious, or disparaging and you will get help, and most definately wont be banned.  

Simple as that...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I really like ftx global its waaaaaay better then default textures. And with lc it will only get better.

Kimo

Everyone should just relax...JV warned us over and over again on the Orbx forums what to expect. There was plenty of reading to do before release. Many, either chose not to read, or simply didn't know.

Point is that we should give this a little time. For god sakes, this is the BASE PACK. OpenLC will most likely make this product shine. IMO those who attack JV and Orbx are doing nothing to help this hobby grow.

How Orbx handles there own forums, is up to them. Don't be rude, obnoxious, or disparaging and you will get help, and most definately wont be banned.  

Simple as that...

binoculars-icon.jpg

@Alain

Man, I swear when I read that I went to google and looked for the same thing....lol

Technically, you should have posted a picture of a magnifying glass, Alain.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't understand...is it cause the font is too small?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Technically, you should have posted a picture of a magnifying glass, Alain.....

Not from where I'm sitting ...  10' from a 58" wide screen and still too small.

I don't understand...is it cause the font is too small?

What?