Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

They already made that movie with snakes on a plane :blink:

I think that was the joke...

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

In the 777 preview 2 video, there is a clickspot that is being used to switch between the Captain side and overhead views. Is that part of an add-on product or part of the aircraft?

Best regards,

Robin.

The overhead 2D popup will be sorely missed, though... :(

Yes and no.

spacer.png

My typewriter* will be sorely missed...

...actually no, not really.  Technology advanced and I no longer really have a need for it.

Seriously - it's 2013, can we drop that discussion now?

*Yes, I did write my some of my school papers on a typewriter.  There were computers around, but it wasn't to the point where you were assumed to have one at home, and I guess my parents didn't want to spring for one (and probably had a little feeling of "well I had to use one, he can use one too!")

Kyle Rodgers

In the 777 preview 2 video, there is a clickspot that is being used to switch between the Captain side and overhead views. Is that part of an add-on product or part of the aircraft?

Best regards,

Robin.

I think its just EZCA being used there and the click sounds are what you here between hotkey camera presses if you don't mute them, I may be wrong though.

Cheers Doogie

I think its just EZCA being used there and the click sounds are what you here between hotkey camera presses if you don't mute them, I may be wrong though.

Cheers Doogie

No, you are right, that is EZCA.

Balan22

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

My typewriter* will be sorely missed...

...actually no, not really. Technology advanced and I no longer really have a need for it.

Seriously - it's 2013, can we drop that discussion now?

*Yes, I did write my some of my school papers on a typewriter. There were computers around, but it wasn't to the point where you were assumed to have one at home, and I guess my parents didn't want to spring for one (and probably had a little feeling of "well I had to use one, he can use one too!")

There's no discussion there mate. I am aware of previous discussions regarding the 2D panel.

Your opinion is respected. Your comparison is not valid to me. I will surely find my way around this. I assign every possible button to hardware. My opinion is that flying in a virtual cockpit is for amateurs and I stand by it.

Im old school, and im generation X.

Enough said, no need to fight.

Cheers

My opinion is that flying in a virtual cockpit is for amateurs and I stand by it.

Soo...that makes all real world pilots amateurs!?

There's no discussion there mate. I am aware of previous discussions regarding the 2D panel.

Your opinion is respected. Your comparison is not valid to me. I will surely find my way around this. I assign every possible button to hardware. My opinion is that flying in a virtual cockpit is for amateurs and I stand by it.

Im old school, and im generation X.

Enough said, no need to fight.

Cheers

I'd rather fly from the VC its just more realistic once the occulus rift arrives it will be perfect!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Soo...that makes all real world pilots amateurs!?

Please, I didn't make my statement for the sake of argument.

Real pilots don't fly "virtual cockpits" with a mouse click or ezdoc equipment fixed on their heads.

I will not continue arguing about this since this is not the thread to do so.

Peace out.

Real pilots don't fly "virtual cockpits" with a mouse click or ezdoc equipment fixed on their heads.

I'd beg to differ...  ^_^

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Okay, so I won't quote his post so he doesn't feel compelled to address my comments, but come on...

Why bring it up if it's not meant to be discussed?  Everyone knows where it goes when people mention 2D panels.  That was pretty much like me stepping into the break room here and saying "man, [such and such politicized topic] is [opinion]!  But while I just irritated some of you, I don't want to talk about it!  Peace out!"

Further, calling people amateurs really isn't going to get anyone just sit back and leave it alone.  Last I checked, the planes I fly don't have 2D panels.  I guess I'm an amateur pilot away from the sim, too.

Kyle Rodgers

Please, I didn't make my statement for the sake of argument.

No, but if you make an untrue statement like that one has the right to wonder why don't one?

And I really don't understand the arguments for a 2D overhead panel! It's just as easy to bring up a 2D like view of the overhead from the virtual cockpit with the built in views that come with the plane!

Well, if his point is that a TrackIR device requires you to be really careful about how you hold and move your head (in a rather unnatural way), I'll take his point gladly.

IMO, this does neither imply that 2D panels are superior nor that VC/TIR users are amateurs.

With the upcoming VC-only PMDG release this discussion is rather ... theoretical, anyway ...   B)

And I really don't understand the arguments for a 2D overhead panel!

Some folks who have multiple monitors may place a monitor overhead in their home built cockpit and undock the overhead panel to that monitor there fixed for the entire flight. The front outside view are placed on monitors fixed...so those monitors show nothing but the front outside view. 

This is where many of the 2D Panels requests are coming from I believe.

I don't understand the 2D request for online flying (VATSIM) though.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter