Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

User error.  The FMC will only do what it's programmed to do.  If you input incorrect or impossible speed or altitude restrictions it will tell you it's unable and do it's best.  If you see you're too high on your approach fix it.  Don't just let the autopilot put you in an incorrect position.  Maybe you didn't load an approach after the star or there was not a correct transition between star and approach.  Some stars are designed to be handed off to atc for altitude and vectors.  It won't fly you down to the iaf on its own.  I've done complete 180 standard rate turns on LNAV and never had it disconnect?

User error.  The FMC will only do what it's programmed to do.  If you input incorrect or impossible speed or altitude restrictions it will tell you it's unable and do it's best.  If you see you're too high on your approach fix it.  Don't just let the autopilot put you in an incorrect position.  Maybe you didn't load an approach after the star or there was not a correct transition between star and approach.  Some stars are designed to be handed off to atc for altitude and vectors.  It won't fly you down to the iaf on its own.  I've done complete 180 standard rate turns on LNAV and never had it disconnect?

It doesn't get disconnected, it just keeps the plane flying around in circles trying to find its way to the waypoint :P

Although it only happened once when there was a tight turn in the SID, which after I updated my AIRAC everything went fine :)

Jane,

Thanks for all of the valuable information you have given us.  Your contribution is a great thing.  Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the NGX release.

Ed

I think you can pop up some of the screens but a entire main 2d panel like fs9 and previous.  No.  Flight sim has moved on.

Jane,

Does the PMDG 777 have any new virtual copilot callouts?

How accurately does she fly the descent profile and Stars?

Ed

I completely agree with this. I fly with 500 cost index a good amount of times and have never had problems with the lateral or vertical path (everything is always dead on, except if FSX decides to go crazy with the winds).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I better get to flying all of my birds in my hangar before they become obsolete.

A quick question, if I may. Is there any documentation or programmes to work out flex takeoff temperatures 'out of the box'?

No doubt Topcat will be there in the coming weeks and months, but those first few flights maybe a bit more interesting with no calculator or RTOWs.

Cheers

Cheers,

Sam N

Hi jane,

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU FOR SHARING SO MUCH ABOUT THIS AIRCRAFT!!!,you made my day.1 req is that you upload tutorial of you doing full flight...(ofc dont film  6+ hours straight)but please provide us with a video!.

Thanks,

Daniel

Will the 777X be less of a memory hog than the NGX?

I still only have 2GB RAM so I'm wondering if that will work (I use only 2GB for the NGX and it's fine!)

If its fine for the NGX it will be more than fine for the 777 by the looks of what everyone is saying regarding performance

Will the 777X be less of a memory hog than the NGX?

I still only have 2GB RAM so I'm wondering if that will work (I use only 2GB for the NGX and it's fine!)

Should be fine if it works for you with the NGX - although I'd love to know how you manage with only 2GB of RAM  :lol:

I don't use add-on airports or traffic. Since I don't fly for a VA or anything and fly all over the world, I'm saving myself quite a few dollars!

I don't use add-on airports or traffic. Since I don't fly for a VA or anything and fly all over the world, I'm saving myself quite a few dollars!

Ah ok. I just had a look at what memory my PC is currently using - I have a few browser tabs open, a few rather hefty PDFs and a video playing and I'm using 4.5GB of RAM