Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

Hi Jane,

Does the custom waypoint function correctly in the 777? If my memory serves me right, the NGX couldn't create custom waypoints from the FIX page etc and only PBD PD waypoints from fixes on your actual route?.

Thanks

Gavin

Hey Gavin,

You had me curious, so I just created some custom waypoints copied to the scratchpad from FIX page entries, no problem at all. Worked like a charm.

It is better than that though, the 777 has further info on the fix page, with the PRED ETA-ALT field. With this field you can enter either an altitude or time and the FMC will give you info on how far down the route you are.

For example, entering FL320 in the ETA-ALT field will give you the distance in nautical miles from take-off where you will achieve that height, based on current flight plan parameters. Alternatively, enter a time and you will such as 1215Z and the aircraft will work out where you will be on the track at that time and even put a handy marker on the navigation display for you!

fixpage_zps49057a21.jpg

Awesome tread so far, looking forward to more!

Jane you mentioned that the ability to show range rings, radials etc on the ND using the "FIX" page is once again modelled, have you experienced any reduction in frame rates and/or smoothness when using this option? I find it difficult to display more than one or two things in my NGX due to the reduction in FPS which is a shame because it's such a usefull feature to have.

no problems at all on my machine, seems to make no difference to my frame rates at all. Everything seems a lot more optimised than the NGX

- Jane Whittaker

Excellent news! That also brings some hope that in a future service pack for the NGX we might see this function optimised. Thank you! :)

sorry if this has been already asked, does the 777F have freight loader and stairs ground equipment ala Queen of the Skies 747F?  I understand this wasn't featured in the MD-11F to save FPS.

Jane,  can you see the wings from the VC or do you just see  the navigation lights  and no wings ?

Thanks

Vic

Holy crap! I think I can hear the T7 landing in my back yard! Thanks for the shots Jane!

EDIT: Maybe a night shot?

This looks nice.

I'm gonna have to get me one for sure.   :ph34r:

Back of the line, pal......back of the line.

And don't try pulling any of that "Do you know who I am?"  business either.

(what's with this guy?.....he also insists he's going to win the "release date" contest)     :LMAO:

thanks for everything you have highlighted above. Have you tried flying it online or with addons that caused some fits to the NGX? I know that this is probably low priority as you get the feel for the A/C but just wanted to throw it out there.

Oh Jane no, not my beautifull NGX please, could we at least say the NGX is like a reasonable BMW, compared to the Rolls Royce of the 777LR!!! :wink: :biggrin:

You really have gone deep with the details in every respect, Taken some time to read clear through had a busy day but allready answered any questions I would have asked. Can only say thank you so much. :Applause:

Guss :smile:

How about the calculations? Are they improved?

What calculations are you referring to?

Kyle Rodgers

What calculations are you referring to?

Those when you input your route into the FMC (like turns, speeds at each waypoint, altitudes and vertical speeds).

Those when you input your route into the FMC (like turns, speeds at each waypoint, altitudes and vertical speeds).

What needed improvement?

It's a different method in this aircraft (VNAV, anyway), but I wouldn't say "improved" because I don't think it needed improvement.

Kyle Rodgers

What needed improvement?

It's a different method in this aircraft (VNAV, anyway), but I wouldn't say "improved" because I don't think it needed improvement.

Yeah I know, but in the 737NGX sometimes it caused me to loose the descent path and than I would approach the airport at a too high altitude, and that would make me overfly the airport (as well as in some turns, the turn was so tight that the aircraft would loose the LNAV)