Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

Is the ETP (Equi Time Point) for ETOPS operations simulated in the FMC?

Regard,

Ró.

as far as I recall, the 777 FMC doesn't plot an ETP. Its rather like the 747 in that you have to do DIY range rings. I know that your shiny A330 does ETP for you though :)

Any info on how the exhaust cone soot buildup is simulated Jane or is it just a variation in paints between the bare metal model with the bluing agent and the painted "777X" model.  I was going off off the external preview that RSR released back in May. Just wondering

FDX706

I have spoken to Pete, there is no soot buildup in realtime, its just a painted-in effect.

Would someone please answer this? Would this work in three monitor setup without that rotating curose thingi robbing us the fps unnecessarily.  Remember other airafts of PMDG, there is a panel.cfg that fixes this issue via support.

Manny, none of us testers have any involvement who is or is not involved with Beta. You would need to contact the dev team.

- Jane Whittaker

Superb feedback, Jane. Hats off to you. If this does not become PMDG's all-time best seller, I'll eat my hat.

Thanks for the update Jane. One more question... any chance on getting a screen from one the 777F wing viewing portals. Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to this one a I'll be flying the F model with FDX virtual soon :P

FDX706

As far as I recall, the 777 FMC doesn't plot an ETP. Its rather like the 747 in that you have to do DIY range rings. I know that your shiny A330 does ETP for you though :)

No bother, if it's not in the real thing it won't be in this... I guess we'll just have to get Boeing to make the 777 shinier like my 330...  ^_^

Thanks for the response,

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Can someone verify if entering fixes on the 777's FMC/CDU is possible like we can with the 744?  The rings are great reference points on approaches.

Also would love to see a screenie of it if doable...thanks.

It's implemented in the PSS 777 - I'd be surprised to see Alex let PMDG fall behind that!   :lol:

Ooops: Confirmation is implicit in Jane's latest reply to Ró. See #121 above.

Edited by olli4740

Is the cabin sign selector between No Smoking and No Electronic Devices?

Karl,

That is an option that you can change in the aircraft > equipment options page. You can pick "not installed", "no smoking", or "no electronics" with of course the appropriate selection appearing on the overhead.

Mike

It's implemented in the PSS 777 - I'd be surprised to see Alex let PMDG fall behind that!   :lol:

Ooops: Confirmation is implicit in Jane's latest reply to Ró. See #121 above.

all of the fix pages of the FMC are present, so you can track 4 fixes simultaneously. In fact, I haven't found anything missing from the FMC yet, even obscure little things that hardly ever get used are there!

- Jane Whittaker

Hi Jane,

Does the custom waypoint function correctly in the 777? If my memory serves me right, the NGX couldn't create custom waypoints from the FIX page etc and only PBD PD waypoints from fixes on your actual route?.

Thanks

Gavin

Gavin Price

as requested, here are the preset camera views from the inspection portholes in the freighter model

wing4_zps30b47cad.jpg

wing2_zps4b8557e8.jpg

wing3_zpsa3e124f5.jpg

wing1_zpsb389186b.jpg

- Jane Whittaker

Jane, thanks for sharing your experiences and pictures :)

23.png

Awesome tread so far, looking forward to more!

Jane you mentioned that the ability to show range rings, radials etc on the ND using the "FIX" page is once again modelled, have you experienced any reduction in frame rates and/or smoothness when using this option? I find it difficult to display more than one or two things in my NGX due to the reduction in FPS which is a shame because it's such a usefull feature to have.

Thanks for the great writeup Jane.

I am more of a GA/Warbird guy, but even this tubeliner has me excited :biggrin:

I am more of a GA/Warbird guy

Surely you jest!  I would've never known!

(haha)

Kyle Rodgers