Sign in to follow this  
LX777

Why not a 787 from PMDG?

I personally would like to see a PMDG CRJ-700... How ever I agree that a 787 would be cool.

A regional jet from PMDG would be very welcome!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Even though it's not their line of creations something along the lines of a Lear 35 would be great coming from PMDG.

3) Very popular with airlines and real-world fleet is increasing.

LOL?! They're about to sue Boeing for all lthe lost revenue! If they have another major fault any time soon, the airlines will be seriously thinking of cancelling remaining orders, and ordering the soon to be in service A350.

So far the 787 has had:

* APU battery fire

* Main battery fire

* Fire in the ELT battery whilst sat on the ground (taking fire crews over 2 hours to smash their way to the battery to put out the fire, seriously damaging the fuselage in the process - ignoring the fire damage)

* Boeing admitted last week that they do not know the root cause of the battery fires. My opinion is it is the battery chemistry - Lithium-anything batteries should be BANNED PERMANENTLY from going anywhere near an aircraft.

* They had a serious problem with fire suppression and fire extinguishing systems whereby the systems were reversed (left engine fire handle operated right fire bottle system and vice-versa - what is more alarming is they have obviously needed to use them in order to inadvertently find that they are wired incorrectly!). There have been a few other IFE requiring divert.

These are not trivial issues on a brand new aircraft. Yes there will be problems, but they are not usually this severe (and you'd think they'd learn from the past, too).

Best regards,

Robin.

Just an FYI: The crosswired fire selectors were not found during an actual deployment of the fire extinguishers. They were found during a more intensive maintenance check.

In keeping with PMDG's traditions, I would have to assume a next aircraft would be a 757-200, PMDG builds aircraft that have a large market share in the real world, are developed by Boeing, and have a very high interest level within the FS community. I'm wrong more than I'm right so who knows, anyone's guess, but a CRJ would certainly be cool. I think anything they make would be cool with there attention to detail.

In keeping with PMDG's traditions, I would have to assume a next aircraft would be a 757-200, PMDG builds aircraft that have a large market share in the real world, are developed by Boeing, and have a very high interest level within the FS community. I'm wrong more than I'm right so who knows, anyone's guess, but a CRJ would certainly be cool. I think anything they make would be cool with there attention to detail.

I would go with you for the 757 but looking at the facts

This aircraft doesnt have anymore orders i assume add to that the huge number of developers of this aircraft

So the destiny of this aircraft wont be better than the 767 (more popularity than 757)

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just an FYI: The crosswired fire selectors were not found during an actual deployment of the fire extinguishers. They were found during a more intensive maintenance check.

That is still a major mistake, imagine had there been a fire on that plane and the crew unwittingly killed the good engine while the burning one is still running.

what is more alarming is they have obviously needed to use them in order to inadvertently find that they are wired incorrectly!)

As noted, they obviously did not use them and they found the fault, so... But yeah. Doesn't exactly help.

My opinion is it is the battery chemistry - Lithium-anything batteries should be BANNED PERMANENTLY from going anywhere near an aircraft.

That is a bit of an overkill. That's like saying somebody was killed by high voltage electricity so those high voltage lines should be banned. While the root cause is, that that person was an idiot and climbed on a wet high voltage tower with bare hands.

The root cause must be found. That must be the goal.

Well if they ever end up making a 787 I hope the battery fire is simulated correctly....

Luke Stevens

That is still a major mistake, imagine had there been a fire on that plane and the crew unwittingly killed the good engine while the burning one is still running.

I did not say it was a major or minor mistake, or no mistake at all.

I did say, however, that the "frightening reason" why they discovers it, was not because they needed to equip the extinguisher. I simply stated it was discovered during routine maintenance.

Boeing also stated that the error was with the supplier, which still doesn't clear their name, but it does explain why they didn't pick up on it.

LOL?! They're about to sue Boeing for all lthe lost revenue! If they have another major fault any time soon, the airlines will be seriously thinking of cancelling remaining orders, and ordering the soon to be in service A350.

They're suing for compensation doesn't mean they don't want the aircraft. The 787 order book is actually record-beating for Boeing (also note the C-Series) and it will keep the production line operating for very many years as the airlines have learned their lessons after Ryanair booked out most of the 737NG production slots at cut-price just after 9/11. In that case when economic growth returned in 2002-2004 many other airlines found out that the only real way to get hold of a new 737 immediately was through Ryanair, and Michael O'Leary made a ton of money through that scheme. Now the airlines are queuing up early so they don't miss out.

Also remember that the 787 and A350 are aiming at different markets, the 787 is a 767/A330 replacement and the A350 is a 777 replacement, although there is some overlap. And then there's the 777-X....

Guys- I think we all know they will be doing a 787 eventually. It makes sense for them to do it and a properly simulated 787 will be a HUGE success.

Peter Osborn

Guys- I think we all know they will be doing a 787 eventually. It makes sense for them to do it and a properly simulated 787 will be a HUGE success.

Exactly. At this point it is essentially "jumping the gun" by asking "why no 787". They haven't claimed that they wont do one. Do not forget that they already have several projects planned for the future. Not to mention the fact that the 787 is so new that it would most likely be problematic getting accurate "numbers" for their virtual model, if I am not mistaken. 

A good 767 would also be great. I loved flying with the good old Level-D-Sim 767 on FS2004 - how the time flies. Thinking about getting it reinstalled on my pc...

I had my experience with the CaptainSim 767 - experience is the fitting expression. Thats more or less the reason why I'm actually only flying with the MD-11's good old SR Livery. If PMDG builds a 767 with a Belair Livery, I'd definately buy it!

Some history:

Belair was the former Charter Airline of SR, like Edelweissair it is now for SWISS. Balair went to Belair after Swissair Grounding. Now it's Air Berlin)